Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel like I put my foot in my mouth all the time...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I put my foot in my mouth all the time...

I feel like I'm not a good Muslimah because I am feisty and opinionated and a lot of time I speak or type my thoughts before I think... I'm young (22) and I'm trying my best, but I feel like I should have outgrown this fault by now especially now that I'm a Muslim and there are a whole lot of new manners and social etiquette I need to learn on top of not saying the wrong thing... I know it's a part of Taqwa so I feel like I'm failing in that regard too... It's really a discouragement. Any words of advice?
    Last edited by ELM; 12-05-19, 03:59 AM.

Some of us don't care to try to change this, or even recognize this in ourselves.

Alhamdulillah. Sister is trying.
    inshaaAllah, with time we lose some of the impulsiveness in us.

​​​​​​

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
      Some of us don't care to try to change this, or even recognize this in ourselves.

Alhamdulillah. Sister is trying.
      inshaaAllah, with time we lose some of the impulsiveness in us.

​​​​​​
      I think it's because I have mild Autism so I'm extremely blunt and I'm a know it all because I feel like I have to prove my intelligence every day because I do not interact in the way other people do. I think I've been forced to be confronted with this weakness whereas some people don't know or care when they say something wrong and offend people. In Sha Allah I'll be able able to overcome this weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by ELM View Post
        I feel like I'm not a good Muslimah because I am feisty and opinionated and a lot of time I speak or type my thoughts before I think... I'm young (22) and I'm trying my best, but I feel like I should have outgrown this fault by now especially now that I'm a Muslim and there are a whole lot of new manners and social etiquette I need to learn on top of not saying the wrong thing... I know it's a part of Taqwa so I feel like I'm failing in that regard too... It's really a discouragement. Any words of advice?
        Ukthi learn to be humble and squash the ego. Humility is a necessary part of a Muslim, إِن شَاءَ اَللّٰه you will succeed keep at it.

Always think if you are about to say the right thing and for the right reasons before bursting out, it's difficult but it can be done.

جزاك الله خيرا
        Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 13-05-19, 05:13 PM.
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
        X