Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

    Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
    The Christians claim Jesus died and was resurrected and there's mass transmission of that, does that make it true?
    If there was mass transmission to support the historicity of this event, then yes, the Christian would have a point. But there is no mass transmission. Actually there isn't a single reliable report for this event. All the Christians have is four accounts, by anonymous writers, who were demonstrably unreliable.

    Actually, the first lecture I linked to you discusses this very topic (i.e. the crucifixion of 'Isa عليه السلام). The uploaders took that section out and turned it into its own video. See here: https://youtu.be/xc98H0bzZDE

    Just because the Christians claim this event occurred, doesn't mean it did.

    Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
    I will gladly maintain my lifestyle if I know that I am absolutely on the truth. But after studying Islam for a few years (sure I'm no scholar, but I spent at least 3 hours every day reading Quran and sunnah and asking questions and listening to lectures, and I continue to do so), I feel that I know too much about the religion for anything to be new to convince me.
    Not a healthy way of thinking. If you think you know too much about this religion, then that's proof that you know very little. Study more.

    Comment


      #17
      Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

      Originally posted by karkooshy View Post

      Not a healthy way of thinking. If you think you know too much about this religion, then that's proof that you know very little. Study more.
      Yeah, I realized that came off the wrong way but it was too late to edit. I meant that I've studied the proofs extensively and at this point when I review them I feel like they're not convincing me. Of course I continue to learn and I know very little about the religion in every single detail, since 1400 years of work has been done and is continuing. The proofs are generally five broad categories: the Quran's linguistic proof, the miracles of the Prophet SAWS, the logic of the shariah, the science of the Quran, and the spread of Islam. I have studied these and at one point they all made me know Islam is the truth. But now I look at them and they don't convince me anymore.

      As your point on Christ, good point. Though we do have non-Christians who support the crucifixion, the Quran does say they were deceived into it. So I guess technically there is not a mass transmission, but there are some reports (which the Quran has an answer for).
      Last edited by lailahailaHuwa; 22-10-17, 06:50 PM.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

        If you fear you are doing certain actions for the sake of society, do it in private instead.

        Don't panic. We will be tested like this because after all, we don't have a leader, we just have the Quran, a warning to those that will take heed.

        I think your main issue is not getting what you want. You're praying for things but you're not getting it and then that leads to these doubts.

        It feels like you are talking to nobody.

        Have you read Dr Faustus? The character sells his soul and gets what he wants. In the end his final destination is doom.

        We're human just like non Muslims and it is completely natural to question things and feel unfulfilled.

        But that's the whole point of inner struggles of your nafs, to keep you going until the end of your life.
        If you get everything you want you'll feel empty because there is nothing worth working for.

        Does that make sense?

        When I'm not in the mood all I do is sit in silence and stare out of the window. I give my mind a break. I observe things and reflect how life has passed by.

        Have tawheed in your heart as a foundation to help you keep going. The doubts will go away when you look at Islam from a different angle with a different intention
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

        So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

        Comment


          #19
          Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

          Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
          If you fear you are doing certain actions for the sake of society, do it in private instead.

          Don't panic. We will be tested like this because after all, we don't have a leader, we just have the Quran, a warning to those that will take heed.

          I think your main issue is not getting what you want. You're praying for things but you're not getting it and then that leads to these doubts.

          It feels like you are talking to nobody.

          Have you read Dr Faustus? The character sells his soul and gets what he wants. In the end his final destination is doom.

          We're human just like non Muslims and it is completely natural to question things and feel unfulfilled.

          But that's the whole point of inner struggles of your nafs, to keep you going until the end of your life.
          If you get everything you want you'll feel empty because there is nothing worth working for.

          Does that make sense?

          When I'm not in the mood all I do is sit in silence and stare out of the window. I give my mind a break. I observe things and reflect how life has passed by.

          Have tawheed in your heart as a foundation to help you keep going. The doubts will go away when you look at Islam from a different angle with a different intention
          No, I haven't read that. My problem isn't not getting what I want, like praying for a car and not getting one. It is praying for something to show me that this is the ultimate truth. If I get that, I wouldn't care if I spent my life not getting what I wanted.

          And yes I get that we get tested and struggle. But what if I pray and fast all my life and avoid haram but my heart isn't firm in faith? Then I would end up doomed anyway. Why live a life of restriction if I'm not even sure of my faith, and then die and burn for eternity? I feel a pit in my stomach and I just want to be sure, but Allah isn't giving me that assurance and I'm terrified that He'll burn me for eternity for never being sure.

          May I ask what angle I should look at it from?
          Last edited by lailahailaHuwa; 22-10-17, 09:02 PM.

          Comment


            #20
            Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

            Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
            I don't know. Christianity is paganistic due to the divinity of a man and the appropriation of pagan holidays into the religion. Yes, they're people of the Book, yet no doubt have deviated into shirk. Judaism doesn't accept converts, yet they've bastardized their religion to the point that believing in God doesn't matter. I know a Jewish man who's gay, doesn't observe kosher, doesn't care about holidays, and yet observes the Sabbath, and that's all fine to them. Clearly not the religion of God.

            Believing in a creator and praying to Him makes sense to me, but it's still kufr if it's not Islam.

            My feelings are confused, clearly.

            you will not lose anything if you stayed in islam in case you didnt know, ignore this confusion because it is clearly trying to make you get out of it, it dosnt care about the destination, as long as you are out of our deen then its job is done
            "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
            me - 2017

            Comment


              #21
              Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

              Originally posted by magok View Post
              you will not lose anything if you stayed in islam in case you didnt know, ignore this confusion because it is clearly trying to make you get out of it, it dosnt care about the destination, as long as you are out of our deen then its job is done
              But I would still lose if I stayed in Islam but my faith wasn't firm. Wouldn't I still go to Hell?

              Comment


                #22
                Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
                No, I haven't read that. My problem isn't not getting what I want, like praying for a car and not getting one. It is praying for something to show me that this is the ultimate truth. If I get that, I wouldn't care if I spent my life not getting what I wanted.

                And yes I get that we get tested and struggle. But what if I pray and fast all my life and avoid haram but my heart isn't firm in faith? Then I would end up doomed anyway. Why live a life of restriction if I'm not even sure of my faith, and then die and burn for eternity? I feel a pit in my stomach and I just want to be sure, but Allah isn't giving me that assurance and I'm terrified that He'll burn me for eternity for never being sure.

                May I ask what angle I should look at it from?
                Try to remember that everyone in history who asked for a sign to prove Islam is the truth were never satisfied.
                They were all destroyed because even after being shown signs they were led astray.

                I have had these thoughts myself. I think what is the point if it's all going to go in vain.

                Instead of looking for a sign just look around you. Look at what is going on in the world and how the dots connect.

                Your heart is probably empty because your daily worship is just like going through the motions.

                Don't think what if this or what of that, stop that thinking because it keeps you from getting back on track. Just cry to Allah

                These moments will pass but try learning about Allah and fall in love with his attributes again.
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                  Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
                  I understand that seeing a sign would mean dire consequences if I turn my back. But at this rate, I fear that I'll die a kafir because I never get a sign, and I end up in juhannam. I don't know, I'd rather see clear evidence and have the chance to become the best Muslim I could possibly be than to never have that chance and end up leaving.
                  I think you need to look into what you are asking for.

                  According to Muslim tradition, and traditions from other religions - many people witnessed miracles but still rejected God or were disobedient.

                  There were the people of Saleh (As), the people of Moses (As), Isa (As), the list is endless and the miracles varied and magnificent.

                  Another good example is the story of Harut and Marut. It kind of relates.

                  You say you want to see a sign and you will believe, I could say that, along with everyone else here, but those are just words and sentiment - we may not feel the same way in a weeks time, a month, 2 months etc.

                  And also. Why you?

                  Why should you be given a miracle and no-one else? how is that fair exactly.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                    Originally posted by AX1300 View Post
                    I think you need to look into what you are asking for.

                    According to Muslim tradition, and traditions from other religions - many people witnessed miracles but still rejected God or were disobedient.

                    There were the people of Saleh (As), the people of Moses (As), Isa (As), the list is endless and the miracles varied and magnificent.

                    Another good example is the story of Harut and Marut. It kind of relates.

                    You say you want to see a sign and you will believe, I could say that, along with everyone else here, but those are just words and sentiment - we may not feel the same way in a weeks time, a month, 2 months etc.

                    And also. Why you?

                    Why should you be given a miracle and no-one else? how is that fair exactly.
                    It's not fair and I know that. I don't deserve a sign because I'm clearly no where near the people who were given signs (awliyah and prophets). But my fear is still that I'll die without ever being sure. What's the good in being a Muslim in actions but not in faith? Nothing.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                      Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
                      Nope, I live in the West (obviously has an impact).
                      I last read the meaning about 6 months ago, but I look up meanings of the verses/chapters I'm reading from time to time
                      I don't want the impossible, like an animal dying and then being resurrected (as He gave Abraham, for example). I just want something like making dua for the heavy rain to stop and it stops immediately, or asking for healing and feeling healed almost immediately. I know how selfish I sound, but I really just need something that is obvious.
                      What exactly is your doubt about Islam?

                      Can you state them explicitly

                      So you'll only believe in Islam if you get what you want?

                      You realise how illogical that is right?

                      That o claim you will only believe in Islam if your Dua is accepted.

                      Nauzibillah min zaliq
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                      "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                      – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                        Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                        What exactly is your doubt about Islam?

                        Can you state them explicitly

                        So you'll only believe in Islam if you get what you want?

                        You realise how illogical that is right?

                        That o claim you will only believe in Islam if your Dua is accepted.

                        Nauzibillah min zaliq
                        I do not have doubts about the teachings of Islam, but rather it is the feeing of emptiness and the uncertainty that faith requires. And yes I know it is illogical, but I can't stop this feeling.

                        How are you personally certain that Islam is the truth?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                          I honestly just want the emotional serenity that I see so many Muslims around me have. I know life isn't going to be roses without any hardships. But at the end of the day, I used to always have peace in me knowing that Allah will admit me to jannah if He wills and that His justice will reign soon. But now I pray and fast and make dua and avoid haram as if it were a work routine. I have to do it or else. That's how it started, at least. Then the "or else" became a "but am I even sure I'm at work?"

                          This began a long journey. A force must exist, because this world is too complex and nature is too great for it to be some random reactions and mutations.

                          Honestly, my next step was very selfish: if there's no benefit or drawback for me, then I don't care about the religion. This cut out a lot of religions (Hinduism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, and similar religions).

                          This left for me Christianity, Islam, and some pagan religions (Wicca is a major one). Christianity for a long time was attractive: believe God in human form sacrificed himself and now I can do anything I want. Great! But the contradictions and mental gymnastics needed to believe that are too great. Why does God need to be human? Why does He have to "die" (but actually He took a three-day nap in a cave). Why is He a trinity? How does that even make sense, and how does it compare to God in the Old Testament?

                          So Islam and Wicca were left. Wicca worships nature and gods. Logically, though, Wicca was invented 60 years ago and it's a bastardizarion of a lot of pagan religions. So they have fun I guess, but it's not real. And even if it was, it would bring a lot of joy to life (get what you want whenever you want it), but death overtakes me still and nothing happens.

                          So this left Islam. My concern though is that I reasoned my way to Islam, but I didn't choose it because I felt an overwhelming sense of faith. Does that make sense?

                          I was born into a Muslim family but before I was 16 I doubt I was actually a Muslim. I rejected jihad, the sunnah, never prayed, and more. I went along with Islam for a bit because that's what I knew. Then I began actually studying Islam and I became obsessed. I wanted to emulate the sunnah to a T. Then I fell into this doubt and began exploring. I'm back at Islam, but without that burning passion I felt at 16.

                          This is to further clarify my thoughts [MENTION=35538]Saif-Uddin[/MENTION]

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                            Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
                            But I would still lose if I stayed in Islam but my faith wasn't firm. Wouldn't I still go to Hell?
                            nope, on the contrary, if you remained patient with this, a great reward will await you
                            "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                            me - 2017

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                              Originally posted by magok View Post
                              nope, on the contrary, if you remained patient with this, a great reward will await you
                              So if I prayed and fasted but had shaky faith I'd still go to jannah? Isn't it "those who believe AND do good"?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: I'm on the verge of shirk/kufr, and I need a sign

                                Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
                                So if I prayed and fasted but had shaky faith I'd still go to jannah? Isn't it "those who believe AND do good"?
                                you will remain in the safe zone until you do the most foul of things, reannounce our religion with all your heart and mind

                                may you never do that
                                "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                                me - 2017

                                Comment

                                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x

                                Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

                                Registration Image Refresh Image
                                Working...
                                X