feeling sad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling sad

I don't want to give too many details but I had a career setback I was trying to avoid for a long time. Now I am very sad and devastated. I keep looking back trying to understand if I could have done something differently. Anyways I can't get over it and am having a hard time recovering from this. I want to pray for help but I have lost some energy and abandoned prayers. I have to stay strong to prevent it from happening again and there is a chance it could. I just want to know if there is something I can do islam wise to help me get back on my feet better than before. Thanks.

Re: feeling sad

:salams

The first thing you should do is establish your prayers.

Never abandon prayers and the pillars of Islam.

Whatever the issue is, stay as close to Allah (swt) as you can by being dedicated to your deen. You have to have single-minded focus on serving Allah (swt) to be able to come through these tests.

Anything that the dunya offers you is shiny and attractive but it will not save you from the hellfire. So you will have heartache and pain here and heartache and pain after too.

Better to live this life as close to Allah (swt) as you can with prayers and good deeds, then cry out for mercy and forgiveness for the times you made a genuine mistake.

May Allah (swt) help you to remain on the straight path, show you ways through your tests and reward you with good.

Comment

Re: feeling sad

Originally posted by kataptosi View Post
      I don't want to give too many details but I had a career setback I was trying to avoid for a long time. Now I am very sad and devastated. I keep looking back trying to understand if I could have done something differently. Anyways I can't get over it and am having a hard time recovering from this. I want to pray for help but I have lost some energy and abandoned prayers. I have to stay strong to prevent it from happening again and there is a chance it could. I just want to know if there is something I can do islam wise to help me get back on my feet better than before. Thanks.
      :salams

Follow up as the Sister has advised you. If we turn back to Allah , Allah also turn backs to us even if we were ungrateful or rebellious. Like Allah illuminates light from Darkness If Allah wills Allah can change your sorrow into comfort , Allah is All powerful on everything.

And read post # 71 here

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...r-Wisdom/page2
      Last edited by talibilm09; 14-10-17, 02:16 PM.
      My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Thank you for this advice. Is there anything else that I can also do? I will take anything you have to say.

Comment

Thanks for this advice. Is there anything else that can be done? I will take anything.Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Thanks for this advice. Is there anything else that can be done? I will take anything.Thanks.

You have to try your best to avoid looking back and thinking to yourself "If I could have done so and so, this wouldn't happen to me". These thoughts are from the Shaytan, trying to make you feel more regretful and helpless.

Read this link, it's extremely helpful for your situation, https://islamqa.info/en/114019.
            Last edited by The Poet; 12-12-17, 06:58 AM.
            “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              I just want to mention, dear brother, if you read this, do try to spend time in du'aa where you are talking to Allah Ta'aalaa, laying bare the thoughts, fears, sadness, that you have inside, acknowledging shortcomings, and especially, expressing your desire to be as He is pleased with you to be. How we are inside is tied to how much we are aware of Him and how fervently we are seeking His Pleasure.

One of the best ways to begin this change would be to make a sincere tawbah from having turned away from Salah. Inshaa'Allah, you'll find once you have made tawbah, and sincere du'aa to become a better slave of Allah Ta'aalaa, your internal state will change for the better along with other matters in your life.

Also, dear brother, a few other things would be:

- If able, to pray Tahajjud at least occasionally, even if only two rak'aats.

- to please spend some time each day in unrushed, conscious dhikr where your heart and mind is engaged with Allah Ta'aalaa.

(Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.)
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
              -------------------------------
              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
              NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:
                للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي عَبْـدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَـدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُـكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّـيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَـهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْـتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ أَوِ اسْتَـأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْـبِ عِنْـدَكَ أَنْ تَجْـعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيـعَ قَلْبِـي، وَنورَ صَـدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُـزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّـي
                ‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi’
                “O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”
                but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)
                It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x
                Working...
                X