Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help because of my sister's work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help because of my sister's work.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ad-Musa-Jibril

You can sit down with her and listen to these lectures together and hopefully it will help clear her doubts on Islam :insha:

Another thing I wanted to mention is, how about you make an account on this forum and also tell your sister to join as well.You would feel part of a Muslim community, interact and make friends with the sisters on here. If there are specific questions on the doubts your sister has, feel free to post them and the members here will answer them and help you out :insha:

Comment

Re: I need help because of my sister's work.

Originally posted by The Poet View Post
      You can sit down with her and listen to these lectures together and hopefully it will help clear her doubts on Islam :insha:

Another thing I wanted to mention is, how about you make an account on this forum and also tell your sister to join as well.You would feel part of a Muslim community, interact and make friends with the sisters on here. If there are specific questions on the doubts your sister has, feel free to post them and the members here will answer them and help you out :insha:
      Thank you very much for your kindness and attention. May Allah swt reward you.

I've tried to register but this option seems to be disabled for me for some reasons (I'll try this later). But the idea with discussing my sister's doubts is very good one. I know Islam very well, but I'm not as good as you in explaining theological matters. Now I'm going to give more details on the situation.

The past week was good one, because the young lady, which my sister takes care of, went to hospital. I've been learning for my school exams and but I devoted as much time as I could to spend with her. We were listening to Islamic lectures and prayed together, then I tried to talk with her. At the beginning she tried to avoid topics related to her work carefully, but at last she became honest to me. She told me that once she had talked with this lady about suffering. The catholic lady is very sick because of rare genetic disease and traumatic childhood, and - according to her - she has found solace in her religion. She knows about our parents and she seems very sorry (or she pretends, I don't know), so when my sister once was very sad, she has begun to explain the Christian concept of "carrying the cross" or something like that. My sister - I have to say this - found this very beautiful and convincing. Would you give counterarguments and clear her doubts, please?

Comment

show her youtube videos of dr zakir naik. he smashes the beliefs of Christians :)
        Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

If you neglect learning the Deen, neglect practicing it, neglect Allah's rights, then you move to such an environment; in fact, you start living with them in their own house, then what else do you expect really?

Comment

http://sunnahfollowers.net/library/books/firm.htm
            Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

The company you keep has a huge impact on you, people seem to underestimate this. If the family are tolerant, kind and well-mannered, this will have an impact. It will soften a person's heart towards them. And in a situation like this where someones faith isn't the strongest, it can turn you towards their faith.

Ideally, she needs to switch up jobs. Start applying for more jobs, get in touch with agencies etc. You can help her with this. Make dua and be patient.

Also, try to engage with her, speak to her, spend time together and try to get her to share her opinions etc.

That is not a good environment for her. That is the bottom line, so that needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post
                The company you keep has a huge impact on you, people seem to underestimate this. If the family are tolerant, kind and well-mannered, this will have an impact. It will soften a person's heart towards them. And in a situation like this where someones faith isn't the strongest, it can turn you towards their faith.

Ideally, she needs to switch up jobs. Start applying for more jobs, get in touch with agencies etc. You can help her with this. Make dua and be patient.

Also, try to engage with her, speak to her, spend time together and try to get her to share her opinions etc.

That is not a good environment for her. That is the bottom line, so that needs to change.
                Yes, I am looking for new job for her. I found her another one in elegant restaurant, but she doesn't seem conviced. It's at another end of the city we live in and we haven't a car (it seems like neither my sister nor me will get driving licence after our parents' accident). I make dua for her, fast and study hard. I want to apply for university, inshAllah, and I plan she will move with me into bigger city. The problem is, what is going to stay in her heart. We can move, meet some pious Muslims and start a new life, but I am afraid everything will stay in her heart. She could think about it all even when she's with me.

She's very influental. When our parents lived she was caught reading some Western philosophers. My parents sacrificed their last money then to take us to capitol of this contury, where is great mosque and lots of very wise imams. This thought made me depressed one day, but I pray for strength from Allah swt and mercy upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Muslim Girl View Post
                  Thank you very much for your kindness and attention. May Allah swt reward you.

I've tried to register but this option seems to be disabled for me for some reasons (I'll try this later). But the idea with discussing my sister's doubts is very good one. I know Islam very well, but I'm not as good as you in explaining theological matters. Now I'm going to give more details on the situation.

The past week was good one, because the young lady, which my sister takes care of, went to hospital. I've been learning for my school exams and but I devoted as much time as I could to spend with her. We were listening to Islamic lectures and prayed together, then I tried to talk with her. At the beginning she tried to avoid topics related to her work carefully, but at last she became honest to me. She told me that once she had talked with this lady about suffering. The catholic lady is very sick because of rare genetic disease and traumatic childhood, and - according to her - she has found solace in her religion. She knows about our parents and she seems very sorry (or she pretends, I don't know), so when my sister once was very sad, she has begun to explain the Christian concept of "carrying the cross" or something like that. My sister - I have to say this - found this very beautiful and convincing. Would you give counterarguments and clear her doubts, please?
                  Registration is now open
                  Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Yes, I am looking for new job for her. I found her another one in elegant restaurant, but she doesn't seem conviced. It's at another end of the city we live in and we haven't a car (it seems like neither my sister nor me will get driving licence after our parents' accident). I make dua for her, fast and study hard. I want to apply for university, inshAllah, and I plan she will move with me into bigger city. The problem is, what is going to stay in her heart. We can move, meet some pious Muslims and start a new life, but I am afraid everything will stay in her heart. She could think about it all even when she's with me.

She's very influental. When our parents lived she was caught reading some Western philosophers. My parents sacrificed their last money then to take us to capitol of this contury, where is great mosque and lots of very wise imams. This thought made me depressed one day, but I pray for strength from Allah swt and mercy upon us.
                    Well, I would suggest you guys just keep looking. You can't keep the situation as it is. Its not ideal, its hard work, its a pain, but that is life sister. You have to put in the work, may Allah (SWT) reward you. With driving, don't dismiss it. Driving opens up doors in terms of jobs and life in general. Definitely look into that.

People are influenced by those around them. With the greatest respect, Christian thought is dying, the religion has been torn to shreds by modern day society. In terms of religion, what can Christianity offer that Islam doesn't? I would not be convinced by that, so don't worry.

Comment

I and my sister live in the West for almost all of our life. Due to unexpected death of our parents two years ago, we have been in very bad financial condition and my sister, who is older than me, had to start working. She found a job as domestic help in rich European family (mostly she takes care of sick young lady). The problem is, they all are conservative, very pious Roman Catholics. From the day she started to work at their house, she changed – she became silent and introverted. I tried to talk with her and even I went with her once to them (the family seem to be tolerant people). I even made her to change her job, and she worked in big supermarket, but it was tiring and with low salary so she returned to the family. At least she told me – it was some days ago – they have discussions with her about faith (mostly that young lady), watching films and so on ; it all made my sister doubting Islam. She also have to prepare food for their celebrations. We live in country where almost all people are Catholics and there’s only few mosques in the biggest cities. Sorry for this post being chaotic, but I really don't know what to do. Please, I need help.

Young Muslim Girl
                      If I were you, I would rather advise her to work in the supermarket with a low salary.
                      Rather than have her working in the family. (Since/If this causes her to be influenced with another religion's teachings)
                      She needs to get away from the environment.
                      This is where you have to campaign to save her iman.
                      Continue making du'a for her.

If possible , be smarter in knowledge than you already are than her thinking.
                      Just my opinions though. Wallahu 'alam
                      Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                        Registration is now open
                        Yes, I've already done that. The anonymous posts above are mine.

Originally posted by AX1300
                        People are influenced by those around them. With the greatest respect, Christian thought is dying, the religion has been torn to shreds by modern day society. In terms of religion, what can Christianity offer that Islam doesn't? I would not be convinced by that, so don't worry.
                        That's the good point. But country where I live is Catholic to the core. Since 2015, conservative party has ruled there and in most of cities, but the lagerst, almost everyone is Catholic. They block some artists who mock Catholicism, fund Catholic shrines and celebrate their celebrations in the streets. In my school Roman Catholic religion lessons are in timetable and people - even when they don't pratice it - are generally closed to other life options and ways (it could be better in larger cities, I assume), at last they don't care. There are some people who wears patriotic T-shirts and call every Muslim "terrorist". I don't know, it seem like Islam has been actually torn to sheds here.

As I mentioned periously, I hope this would change if I've gone to university. But it doesn't solve the problem. I keep on praying for my sister and try to spend with her our free time (we read Islamic books, pray and wach islamic videos). I am afraid what could be with her. I am afraid what could be done to her heart. I am afraid about her doubts.
                        Last edited by YoungMuslimah78; 20-06-17, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMuslimah78 View Post
                          That's the good point. But country where I live is Catholic to the core. Since 2015, conservative party has ruled there and in most of cities, but the lagerst, almost everyone is Catholic. They block some artists who mock Catholicism, fund Catholic shrines and celebrate their celebrations in the streets. In my school Roman Catholic religion lessons are in timetable and people - even when they don't pratice it - are generally closed to other life options and ways (it could be better in larger cities, I assume), at last they don't care. There are some people who wears patriotic T-shirts and call every Muslim "terrorist". I don't know, it seem like Islam has been actually torn to sheds here.

As I mentioned periously, I hope this would change if I've gone to university. But it doesn't solve the problem. I keep on praying for my sister and try to spend with her our free time (we read Islamic books, pray and wach islamic videos). I am afraid what could be with her. I am afraid what could be done to her heart. I am afraid about her doubts.
                          Which country is this?

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post
                            Which country is this?
                            Poland.

Actually, me and my sister are half-Polish. My dad was from German family of converts and my mum was Polish convert.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMuslimah78 View Post
                              Poland.

Actually, me and my sister are half-Polish. My dad was from German family of converts and my mum was Polish convert.
                              Oh right, that is a bit tricky actually.

How many Muslim friends and family do you have?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X