Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breast reduction surgery

Assalamu alaykum,

First, NO brothers unless you are a medical doctor. Please, this is a feminine issue and I don't know how to make it only visible to sisters.

I would like to get some advice regarding plastic surgery. Today, I visited my doctor (who is also a Muslim) because I have a sharp pain my right side. He is unsure of the cause but he knows there is nothing wrong with the bone. He thinks it is either my underwire of my bra or maybe I pulled a muscle.

He asked me if I have considered breast reduction surgery. I know plastic surgery is haraam for vanity purposes. At this point, I do not feel my breasts hurt my back or shoulders. However, the problem is they are GROWING! In one year, they have grown seven cup sizes. I am worried they will continue to increase in size and become an issue and I will have to get the surgery.

I do NOT want to have that surgery. Not because I'll have a scar, but because I am wondering if this is something from Allah SWT and I do not want to tell him I don't like how he designed me.

Can you give me advice on your opinions or what you would do? Or if you had such procedure?
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Re: Breast reduction surgery

Walaikum assalam

Would the surgery fall under plastic surgery?
    If it is for medical reasons, then it should be allowed.
    Insha Allah someone more knowledgeable can answer.

Comment

[MENTION=131794]Yasirah87[/MENTION]http://en.islamtoday.net/node/1327http://en.islamtoday.net/quesshow-102-715.htm
      Narrated Anas:
      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

I believe such information should not be written on a public forum where lurking men will be. Not to mention most of whom are younger than 18!
        You have already been to the doctor and what ever advice you seek I'm sure he/she can help you, if not then speak to a sister that will know how to answer you. Not online... Some details should not be shared, should be private.
        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
        Guide me on your path to your janna,
        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
          Assalamu alaykum,

First, NO brothers unless you are a medical doctor. Please, this is a feminine issue and I don't know how to make it only visible to sisters.

I would like to get some advice regarding plastic surgery. Today, I visited my doctor (who is also a Muslim) because I have a sharp pain my right side. He is unsure of the cause but he knows there is nothing wrong with the bone. He thinks it is either my underwire of my bra or maybe I pulled a muscle.

He asked me if I have considered breast reduction surgery. I know plastic surgery is haraam for vanity purposes. At this point, I do not feel my breasts hurt my back or shoulders. However, the problem is they are GROWING! In one year, they have grown seven cup sizes. I am worried they will continue to increase in size and become an issue and I will have to get the surgery.

I do NOT want to have that surgery. Not because I'll have a scar, but because I am wondering if this is something from Allah SWT and I do not want to tell him I don't like how he designed me.

Can you give me advice on your opinions or what you would do? Or if you had such procedure?
          I am not being rude but are you showing your chest to a male doctor? Doesn't matter if he is a Muslim, you should get a female doctor. Very wrong sister...
          Is it different from those hormonal sharp pains? Are you bleeding from there? Have you tried losing weight?
          Last edited by shay5; 21-02-16, 09:27 AM.
          Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
            I believe such information should not be written on a public forum where lurking men will be. Not to mention most of whom are younger than 18!
            You have already been to the doctor and what ever advice you seek I'm sure he/she can help you, if not then speak to a sister that will know how to answer you. Not online... Some details should not be shared, should be private.
            I do not know why the admin did not put this in the female section of anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
              I am not being rude but are you showing your chest to a male doctor? Doesn't matter if he is a Muslim, you should get a female doctor. Very wrong sister...
              Is it different from those hormonal sharp pains? Are you bleeding from there? Have you tried losing weight?
              Being a veteran, I don't have a choice of who my assigned physician is. They assign me to whoever to keep the doctor to patient ratio even

Next time you correct a member, I suggest doing it privately and not so rudely.
              سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Um, it's not like I described myself. I just asked about the procedure. I could have described the size and whatever of my breasts, but it's not necessary. It's not an inappropriate thing to discuss. Sometimes, you need surgery or you have an issue you can only ask the same sex. Get over it.
                سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Being a veteran, I don't have a choice of who my assigned physician is. They assign me to whoever to keep the doctor to patient ratio even

:salams:

would it be possible to ask them to refer you to a female doctor? The male doctor sounds unsure and I feel before making a big step, and if possible, try to consult other doctors for advice and opinion.

Also, since he is a muslim, ask him if he can try to refer you to a female doctor too.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, I don't know which country you reside in. I think you have probably stopped wearing those kind of materials, instead opt for the maternal ones which are supposed to be supportive and gentle for the skin.

I think the sister i'll mention can help :insha:

[MENTION=11856]Nawar[/MENTION]
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Sister is this pain at the front or back? How long have you had this pain? Is it on the side of your stomach and have you had any digestive issues? It is unlikely to be related to the breast if it is at the front and on one side. Look up something called costochondritis, and see if the symptoms might fit your problem (this is inflammation of the muscles between the ribs and can occur on one side).

In terms of breast reduction then I would advise waiting and getting to the bottom of your current problem first. I don't see how any Doctor would perform surgery if you do not have symptoms such as back pain etc because they affect the muscles and how the spine bends, it affects your everyday activities and only in this situation (in the UK at least) will they even consider surgery. In addition, if they are still growing (how old are you, if you don't mind my asking) then any root cause for this growth should be investigated, because continuous growth in a mature woman at that speed is not usually normal. No surgery is a light matter, rather the last resort.

Comment

You told us publicly so I saw it fit to mention it, you never know it might help someone else. . You added he was a Muslim which only added to the ignorance... I was not judging you but just informing you of the severity of it...

I think if it is affecting your health then you can get them reduced as that is not for vanity reasons, maybe get a second opinion or an ultrasound done...it might even be a case of losing weight or diet as that brings about hormonal changes..

Comment

Um, it's not like I described myself. I just asked about the procedure. I could have described the size and whatever of my breasts, but it's not necessary. It's not an inappropriate thing to discuss. Sometimes, you need surgery or you have an issue you can only ask the same sex. Get over it.
                        There's' nothing to get over! Take the advice on board or leave it. Simple!
                        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                        Guide me on your path to your janna,
                        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Salaam

Plz go easy on the sister she is going through a difficult time.

To answer your question sister, if its for medical purposes then generally plastic surgery is allowed, as in your case. However, do thorough research about the pros and cons of such surgery, get second and third (medical) opinions just so you are sure you know what you'r getting into.
                          “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Salaam sister, I think you should wait to see what is causing the pain in your side, if your breasts are causing no pain for you then I think it would be classed as vanity reasons and therefore haram. I hope your issue is sorted out soon innshahAllah

Comment

There's' nothing to get over! Take the advice on board or leave it. Simple!
                              Why are you being so harsh? It is the admins job to put this in the female anon section. She does not know how this forum works....the admins failed to do their job...you should go take this up with them not her

The sister even started her sentence with >>>

A decent brother who fears Allah would choose to read no more...

Comment

Working...
                              X