Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Oral Sex (don't know if this is the right forum)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Oral Sex (don't know if this is the right forum)

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I just wanted some clarification and wanted to share some thoughts on Oral Sex in Islam. I've done a lot of research on the topic and have seen both sides of the debate (those whom allow it and those whom don't). From what I've read, it seems like most people are against Oral Sex and think it is forbidden and/or disliked in Islam. I believe it is not, and I would like to share some insight on the matter. Before I start, I just want to make note of the fact (as we all know) that the Quran and Hadith have no say over this topic, so it is merely opinion-based. Now I just want to ask a few questions and share a few thoughts with those who think this activity is forbidden and/or disliked (I will discuss the most common arguments made):

1) One common argument made by those who think this activity is forbidden and/or disliked is that the mouth should not come into contact with dirty parts (genitals). First of all, why would people think these parts (genitals) are dirty? It is proven (medically proven) by science that the mouth is actually dirtier than the genitals. The mouth has more bacteria than any other part of the body. So, in that sense, french kissing is technically dirtier than Oral Sex, because during french kissing you are coming into contact with a dirtier part (mouth) than you are in Oral Sex (genitals). For that reason, this argument is illogical.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    2) Another common argument made by those who think this activity is forbidden and/or disliked is that the mouth should not come into contact with the genitals, because the mouth is used to recite prayers and the Quran. Now, why is this argument illogical? The reason being, if the mouth should avoid coming into contact with the genitals then so should the hands. If you recite prayers and the Quran with your mouth, don't you touch the prayer rug and Quran with your hands? If it is considered bad to make mouth-to-genital contact due to the said reasons then it should be considered bad to make hand-to-genital contact too (but it is not). This argument clearly makes no sense whatsoever. If the mouth is used for religious purposes (reciting prayers/Quran) then the hand is also used for the same purposes (touching prayer rug/Quran). So, forbidding Oral Sex and allowing Manual Sex (with the hands) is completely illogical and makes no sense; it's contradictory in nature.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    3) Finally another common argument made by those who think this activity is forbidden and/or disliked is that the genitals release impure fluid during Oral Sex (pre-ejaculatory fluid, etc.), and for that reason this activity is believed to be forbidden/disliked. This is the only logical argument, and for that reason it makes sense to think this activity is forbidden/disliked. But, still it does not make this activity forbidden, because if you can perform Oral Sex in such a way that no fluid is swallowed then that means it is allowed. I'm sure it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to make sure no fluids are swallowed during the activity...

The arguments I discussed above are the most common arguments I came across that were made by people who oppose (forbid/dislike) Oral Sex. As you can see, the first 2 arguments are completely illogical, and the 3rd argument is logical but can be overcome (preventing the swallowing of fluids). Given all of that, I see no reason why people would think this activity should be forbidden and/or disliked. The only way (3rd argument) this activity is forbidden/disliked is if fluids are swallowed during the act, but if you make sure no fluids are swallowed then it should be allowed. Even some known Muslim people in this field believe this activity is not forbidden, such as Heba Kotb (who is a certified sex therapist). She says that this activity is not forbidden by any religious texts such as the Quran and Hadith, and for that reason it is allowed. After all, if this activity was so bad, it would most certainly be mentioned in the Quran or at least the Hadith (like Anal Sex is clearly mentioned and forbidden). The only way this is forbidden is if fluids are swallowed, and if that is avoided, then this should be allowed.

The only reason I posted this is because I am surprised how people make such illogical arguments to back themselves up (I'm not targeting anyone; just talking about this in general). People simply assume Oral Sex is forbidden and/or disliked because of the illogical arguments made above (1 and 2). The only logical argument (3) can be overcome by making sure no fluids are swallowed. Given all of that, this activity should not be considered forbidden and/or disliked, and should be allowed.

What do you guys think?

Re: About Oral Sex (don't know if this is the right forum)

It's not prohibited by Prophet as far as I know, and anal sex was strictly prohibited, so logically it should not be a big issue. I saw a part of lecture that it's allowed to have oral sex, but i have a hazy memory that you are not allowed to swallow any semen.

edit: I am pretty sure there is a hadith about kissing womans breasts, perhaps even some other parts.
    Last edited by toska; 14-12-14, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I hope its not haram
      unconditional love for all of mankind.

Comment

sorry to get into details, but how do you avoid mazi (which is najis) from entering your mouth.
        I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

:salams

Naturally, Allah has made certain parts of the body for certain reasons.

Ear has its reasons and purposes, so does the tongue, eyes, nose, kidneys, heart, feet, etc.

The mouth's purpose is to speak from and eat. Similarly, Allah has given us ways to fulfill our desires through our private parts, which is halal in Islam (and even considered a good deed). When we start following the customs of non-Muslims, we start mixing the purposes of each part of the body and put them where they don't belong. And this is the end result.

Point is, it's not from the character of Muslims to engage in lowly acts like these, so best to be avoided.

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
          sorry to get into details, but how do you avoid mazi (which is najis) from entering your mouth.
          By not engaging in the act.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

It's disgusting and muslim women don't want to be subjected to such filth.

Don't think just because other women do this you'll find Muslim women so willing.

It is abbhorent and one of the most vile normalised actions I've ever heard of.

I didn't want to comment on such an embarrassing topic but the fact that some of you expect to subject any Muslim woman to such a degrading act that is beneath her has moved me. Let me just make it clear that most muslim women who come from cultures where this isn't normalised (the majority of us) would NOT agree to such things.
            Last edited by cho09082489; 14-12-14, 05:03 AM.

Comment

This is exactly the problem. Most people find this act disgusting for no reason whatsoever. Let me ask you, why is it disgusting? If you actually read through everything I wrote, you will see that the mouth is dirtier than these parts. So technically, in that sense, french kissing (which is highly recommended in our religion, as the prophet used to do it) is "dirtier" than Oral Sex. It should, logically, all make sense. The mouth contains more bacteria than any other body part, so full mouth-to-mouth contact (french kissing) should be considered more dirty than mouth-to-genital contact (Oral Sex).

Plus, the actual genitals are by any means not dirty and impure. They are just like any other body part (provided kept clean). In fact, one could even argue that the hands are even dirtier than the genitals, because we are touching things everyday (and who knows what we touch). Given all of that, it should be obvious that the genitals are not dirty parts per se, and are not impure. Now, what is impure are the fluids the genitals release (pre-ejaculatory fluid for example). So, if one could avoid these fluids during Oral Sex then there should be no problem whatsoever, as nothing impure would be happening; there would be no filth involved. If these fluids are swallowed, only then will this act be considered filthy and impure (as the fluids are impure); the actual parts (genitals) are not impure. This should make sense. Now, how do you avoid these fluids? I'm not getting into great detail, but one way would be to use condoms or you could simply avoid areas with fluid; I'm sure it isn't hard to think of ways to avoid fluids during this act.

Now about the body parts being made for specific purposes- what's the purpose of the hands? If one argues that the mouth is not to be used for genital contact then one could argue that the hands shouldn't be used for such purposes either, because the hands are not made for this purpose. Again, whatever applies to the mouth (in regards to genital contact) should apply to the hands (in regards to genital contact). If the mouth is used to pray and recite the Quran, the hand is used to touch the prayer rug and the Quran. If the mouth's function is not this (genital contact), the function of the hand isn't either. I hope this is starting to make sense now.

Given all of the above, how can this act be degrading? What is so shameful and degrading about it, provided that fluids are avoided? I understand and 100% agree that if fluids are swallowed during the act that would be filthy and impure, but if no fluids are swallowed then there is nothing filthy and impure (because the actual genitals are not impure; they are just like any other body part if kept clean and are actually cleaner than the mouth, and arguably the hands). I think I'm going in circles now by repeating myself, because I mentioned nearly all of this in my initial post. This should start to make sense now; the fact that this act is by any means not impure or dirty if fluids are avoided, because the genitals are not dirty, the fluids are.

If it was so dirty, the Quran or Hadith would most certainly forbid it, which they do not. Anal sex is clearly mentioned because it is forbidden; this matter is not mentioned, and thus it is not forbidden. It is entirely opinion-based, and the arguments opposing Oral Sex are mostly illogical (as I talked about). Plus, there's a number of Muslims who actually think this act is allowed; for example, Islamic Scholar (former Grand Mufti of Egypt) 'Ali Gomaa', Islamic Theologian (chairman of International Union of Muslim Scholars) 'Yusuf al-Qaradawi', and sex therapist 'Heba Kotb' (who is a Muslim female). Besides these scholars and such, even some school of thoughts (Madhhab) allow this act to an extent. 'Shafi'i' allows fellatio as a part of foreplay given no fluids are swallowed; 'Hanbali' allows cunnilingus given no fluids are swallowed; 'Maliki' also allows cunnilingus given no fluids are swallowed.

With all of the above, it should be clear that this act is allowed (provided no swallowing of fluids). Not only is it allowed because it's not dirty and impure (which can be understood logically), but also because various scholars and school of thoughts (Madhhab) permit it (to an extent of course; mostly given no fluids are swallowed), and because no religious text (Quran and Hadith) forbids it.

I hope this makes sense now (it really should make sense now).
              Last edited by gamer4ever; 14-12-14, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Private parts are the region of the body where filt exits from. Its not from our character to put our mouth in those areas of the body, nor was it meant to be.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Guys we don't want your opinion, we want Islam's opinion! So instead of saying how nasty it is just show us a verse or hadith to prove it's allowed or not!

Comment

umm.. I don't think such sensitive topics should be discussed on a mixed part of the forum. And certain responses in this thread are already inappropriate. Mods please lock this up.. :jkk:
                    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

N you did all this research because...,,,,,,

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

This is soo inappropriate, it is really the worst thread ever.
                        Ya Allah,
                        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                          N you did all this research because...,,,,,,
                          :rotfl: Right!? First post ever and it's about this..

Awkwardness. Gonna pretend I never read this thread

Comment

That is definitely haraam.

I just want to add, people, dont start using logic when it comes to Islamic matters. We shouldnt try to go around and bend the rules. What is permitted in Islam, is permitted, and what is not permitted, is not. Its simple as that.

When we start to use logic then the mind simply cannot comprehend so best is to submit, willfully and totally. Sometimes we humans dont know what is good for us. Let common sense prevail, people.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Should of made this a brothers thread only.
                              I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X