Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anxiety/Panic attacks for muslims

Originally posted by sultania View Post
    ... it only takes a rudimentary search and it's common sense. Have you ever SEEN the brain scans of neurotypical versus neuratypical? Sadness is an emotion, anxiety, depression, ARE A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE IN THE BRAIN. depression for example, is partly a lack of serotonin levels in the brain -the chemical for happiness and motivation.

that's like prove to me a systematic racism by white communities against people of colour excist... common sense. I don't have to prove common sense to you you can seek the actual proven truth on your own.
    Yes I fell for this nonsense a long time ago but never made sense to me. after researching it I found it to be full of lies and propaganda.The chemical imbalance idea is so crazy that it actually sounds believable. So then you would be happy to know that they are planning on forcing these pills by mandate on everyone (sick or not) so that everyone stays happe and never gets sad. I guess it makes sense to you. Believing this would mean that peoples sadness can be overturned by increasing serotonin levels? so when mummy dies and I got heaps of serotonin I dont get sad???? or when I sin and regret it I do not get sad or stressed coz i've taken these pills. I think I'm talking common sense whereas you are trying to turn my world upside with big words and science.
    and one more question, if medical science believes that it is a imbalance of serotonin levels then tell me why dont they have a test to see what levels your serotonin are before you get prescribed these pills???? would make common sense would it not?
    Plenty people here have been prescribed these pills....can anyone confirm they did a test to see their serotonin levels??? hmm is it because no such test exists?
    so let me get this straight...these pills increase the re-uptake of serotonin in your brain, but if your levels were normal to begin with than guess what....the pills just unbalanced them.
    Explain this theory to me as if I dont have common sense please.

Comment

Dear Sister,

First of all i congratulated you on accepting Islam in your life. I am sorry to hear that you suffering some difficulties in your life.

I suggest you to please do recite ayat e kareema (Lailahillah ho inta subhanka inni kumtum minazalimeen) every time. Also best prayer for depression and anxiety is "Ya Khayyo Ya Qayyum Ya Astaghees".

And finally please make you wadhu at night when everybody is sleeping, go to a silent room and perform two rakat nawafal. Then Darood shareef at least 11 times.

After these talking to Allah in your own language, tell Allah your only hope is "Oh Allah you are". Then you faith and trust will tell you Allah has listened your request.

You will feel better in the next morning.

I also prayer to Allah for your difficulties, worries and every disease you have.

Best regards.

Haleem Abbasi

Islamabad Pakistan.

Originally posted by Yasemin07 View Post
      qAs-salaamoe 'aleikoem wa rah'matoellahi wa barakatoeh dear Muslim brothers and sisters,

May I introduce myself very quickly: I am a 21-years old female with a Czech father and a Dutch mother, living in the Netherlands.
      My parents divorced 11 years ago, and since that time I have been living with panick attacks, hyperventilation and anxiety. I have a very low self asteem and always expect the worst to happen. I totally agree that anxiety/panic attacks is a real sickness and not just a disturbance.
      Unfortunately I had to learn to live with this.. Some of you may think that by time it's becoming less, or easier to live with, but I have to disappoint you, this isn't always the case..
      I became afraid of life, I am afraid to die, I am afraid for full places (think about waiting rooms, airports, airplanes, supermarkets, cinema etc), I am afraid for loud noises (music, loud television, much people talking in a room, thunder, car noises etc), I am afraid to travel and be far away from home, I don't feel 'safe' anymore anywhere, I feel I do not have a goal in this life, I am feeling like there is no joy or happiness in this life, I am always worrying when enter the car on a big street, I am always worrying about to enter high buildings, I am afraid to be alone and also I am afraid to be with much people in one room. My body, my life, my mind became like a prison for me. I am living day by day, every morning when I wake up is a new battle for me.. I am so sad because I don't want to live my life like this.. Half of my life I have been living this way and I don't want to allow myself to continue to live like this for the rest of my life.. As a European girl, I am born Christian, but I never felt statisfied with that. Since almost 2 years I changed my believes and became a Muslim (Elhamdü lillahi) and since I started to read much İslamic books I became feeling a little more calm, because I came to understand the beauty of Allah (swt).
      I just started with reading the Qur'an, I am learning the Soeras (for prayer) and I am trying to tell His Name as much as I can in a day. But dear Muslim brothers and sisters, if some of you have any good islamic advice for me about how to overcome this horrible anxiety and panic attacks and most of all my very bad thoughts in my mind, please feel free to contact me. Also if anyone of you has experienced/ or is experiencing the same things with me, I would be happy to hear your stories. I am feeling I am the only one who has those weird things going on.. :(( Thanks in advance and thank you for your time to read my message. May we all meet in Paradise one day İn Shaa Allah.

Comment

Salaams. Thank you for your post. Although this is a very old post, it's perhaps the best advice I have come across on the subject of Anxiety / Depression. I hope you have recovered fully by now.

Comment

One of the best ways to combat anxiety is not to fight it, People with anxiety including myself want to be in control of our lives in order to ensure nothing bad will happen to us. By handing control over to Allah s.w.t one will automatically feel better. In order to do this one needS to remind oneself that Allah is in control of everything and that whatever happens to us was never meant to miss us and whatever misses us was never meant to come our way

Comment

Originally posted by bismillah 2 View Post
            Asalam alkium
            i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to deal with anxiety/panic attacks for muslims. I have a friend who' is severely suffering from this disorder and taking medical prescribed drugs to combat it.The funny thing is that the medication actually makes them worse and does very little in stopping the anxiety.

i personally believe that as muslims we don't need medication from doctors in order to deal with these problems as we have allah swt the all mighty and powerful.
            i believe that we we have enough faith in our creator than we don't need medication, especially when the medication is poisonous and can ultimately destroy our lives. aim talking about the ALPRAZOLAM drug.

inshallah someone has advice or knows of any doctors or councillors that can give some help to my friend, as most of the doctors i know of are drug pushers.

i have searched endless of the internet for information but i can not find anything that deals directly with muslims and anxiety as i can not apply the kufr approach to this problem to a muslim.

jazzak allahu khayr

Sallam alaykoum all, but the author of this cheat,
            I just want to say La3na ALLAHO 3alayk, La3na ALLAHO 3alayk, La3na ALLAHO 3alayk, how can you dare give your advice and tell to people to not got to doctor, you are not a doctor, and if you say that it mean you never lived a panic attack, and really i which you a real panic attack a least once, once which could shake all your beliving and what your are certain with avec your faith !!! like this we will see if you will stick to waht you said !!!

i think really to talk like that you are a very narcissic and stupid person, may ALLAH curse you and full your dirty mind with ignorance.

Die

Jazakoum ALLAH all but the author of this cheat, and i cheat on him/her

Comment

Dear Sister,

I have read all your comments, and almost all things which you have mentioned, I also feel. I pray for you and tell me if you find any solution to it on [email protected].

Life looks a very scary place and every day is like a new challenge. Sometime I feel that I have no energy even to wake up and do very small tasks. I am always on Standby Mode for anxiety. By the Grace of Allah, I am Muslim. It is very strange that on one day I Pray for 5 times and sometimes I am not able to say even Friday's Prayer, such a change of attitude. I always expects worst, this is the most important point.

let me know if you think you have suggestions.

Raheel

Comment

Salaam all I've posted elsewhere about this. The cure for anxiety and depression lies in Quran and Duaa. Alongside a support system and healthy diet and routine. I too went down the medication route and it has destroyed my mind and body. I thought I had very bad anxiety it would affect me from the moment of waking to moment I slept. After taking medication now I know the true meaning of anxiety and depression. When you get off the medication it causes a severe problem in the brain where it increases anxiety and depression to absolutley unbearable levels. Someone said above that it is mass suicide pills and I agree 100% from experience. I'm relying only on a miracle recovery from Allah now having suicidal thoughts almost all day everyday. Do not go anywhere near this medication. Nobody will be able to help you after.

Comment

These topics need to be talked about more

Comment

Originally posted by Trenace View Post
                    Salaam all I've posted elsewhere about this. The cure for anxiety and depression lies in Quran and Duaa. Alongside a support system and healthy diet and routine. I too went down the medication route and it has destroyed my mind and body. I thought I had very bad anxiety it would affect me from the moment of waking to moment I slept. After taking medication now I know the true meaning of anxiety and depression. When you get off the medication it causes a severe problem in the brain where it increases anxiety and depression to absolutley unbearable levels. Someone said above that it is mass suicide pills and I agree 100% from experience. I'm relying only on a miracle recovery from Allah now having suicidal thoughts almost all day everyday. Do not go anywhere near this medication. Nobody will be able to help you after.
                    SubhanAllah

May Allah swt grant you shifa. Ameen.

How can you live a life like this. Maybe you should continue with medication? What are the doctors saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post

SubhanAllah

May Allah swt grant you shifa. Ameen.

How can you live a life like this. Maybe you should continue with medication? What are the doctors saying?
                      Ameen. Honestly the only thing I'm holding onto is fear of hell, and hope in Allah but its really making me question and doubt everything. I just want to stop anyone from making my mistake. The doctors cant do anything except experiment with more medication. It's really indescribable the amount of suffering I'm going through and i wouldn't wish it in anybody. All I can think throughout the day is we are never burdoned with more than we can bare but I don't know anymore. This medication has sent me on my knees crying more than I ever have in my life and screaming to Allah for relief. It has truly pushed me to the absolute edge and I'm really just terrified that im almost about to break.

Comment

Originally posted by Trenace View Post

Ameen. Honestly the only thing I'm holding onto is fear of hell, and hope in Allah but its really making me question and doubt everything. I just want to stop anyone from making my mistake. The doctors cant do anything except experiment with more medication. It's really indescribable the amount of suffering I'm going through and i wouldn't wish it in anybody. All I can think throughout the day is we are never burdoned with more than we can bare but I don't know anymore. This medication has sent me on my knees crying more than I ever have in my life and screaming to Allah for relief. It has truly pushed me to the absolute edge and I'm really just terrified that im almost about to break.
                        I swear to you, it hurts me reading posts like this. I cant imagine how difficult it is.

Strike a healthy balance yes. Have fear, but always have love and hope and optimism. There is always light. Always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPlKIOJXR2I

Comment

i get it from reading messed up uf threads

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Sufferer View Post

Salaam everyone!

I came accross this thread and felt compelled to reply.

I used to suffer from severe panic attacks which then turned into depression. My emotional state spiralled out of control to the point I didn't know how to live anymore. I couldn't find peace or happiness in anything. Everyone kept telling me if I am a Muslim, how can I be depressed? Allah alone is sufficient.

Although that is true, it is also very true that our own Prophet SAW suffered depression - the loss of his beloved wife, his beloved uncle - here is the person who has the closest connection with Allah and even he experienced this when dealing with great losses.

I got to a point where I started having ridiculous thoughts of wanting to die asap so I could find peace. As a Muslim I would never harm myself, but the fact these thoughts were in my mind were scaring me into finding a solution before I went crazy!

Firstly, I would not recommend any kind of medication. It may help for the short time, but in the long run when you stop taking them the psychological problem still remains. The only medication I took was herbal, I took Kalms and St Johns Wort which are calming but have no side effects whatsoever.

Secondly, don't avoid anything for fear of having a panic attack. Live your life as normal as you can, what is the worst panic can do? It makes you feel uncomfortable, fearful, but in reality, it will never harm you. I couldn't do anything, take trains, go out alone, sit in a meeting room etc. I always had to be near an exit and would avoid any situations which would trigger my anxiety. Once I realised it wasn't going to harm me, I pushed myself (as frightened as I was) to just go ahead and let the feelings come. They came, we danced together for a while, and then they disappeared.

The key to my recovery (I am about 90% recovered now Alhamdulillah) was not stopping the thoughts and feelings. This was the mistake I made before. I tried stopping, thinking of other things...but as we know, the more you force yourself not to think of something, the more you can't help but think about it. Then you freak out over why you're having those thoughts, and the cycle of anxiety begins. Once you let those feeling go and think well, okay....I feel crappy, but if these thoughts want to come, I'll just let them...you will find the power of the thoughts diminish. The thoughts and feelings begin to lose power, and you sort of stop thinking about them so much. It is very important through this process never to stop living life. I felt so awful when I was experiencing this I took time off work to recover. Putting my life on hold made it worse because you need activities to fill your day and keep your mind occupied elsewhere. Once I threw myself into work, excercise, mosque etc...the thoughts slowly disappeared as I had other things occupying my mind.

Religion also played a big part. It was like, okay...so Allah is testing me, he wants to make me stronger (as once I get through this I will be stronger) and he wants me to get closer to him. When you feel this way, you know only Allah can change those feelings instantly and you begin to recite more, pray more, be more concious of your Lord.

Lifestyle changes do also need to be made. Routine was good for me, waking up on time, getting enough sleep, eating well etc. The right lifestyle balance also helps balance our moods.

My advice would be to read all the info on this website (http://anxietynomore.co.uk), and perhaps purchase the book also (http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/the_book.html) and have a long read. This was my starting point to learning about anxiety from an ex-sufferer who has now fully recovered. The book was seriously a life line for me, and kick started my recovery. Alhamdulillah, Allah showed me how to help myself.

Anxiety and depression is horrible, and when you feel it you think there is no end in sight. But as an ex-sufferer, these IS a way out of it. You can FULLY recover, and subhanAllah, if you can get through this, you can get through anything. Your outlook on life will change once you're attitude towards things change.

I also had cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) which taught me breathing excercise through the panic attacks, as well as making a plan on how to tackle the scary situations step by step. Every week I had to put myself in a situation which would bring up the anxiety until I became de-sensitized.

My recommendations:
                            1) Have faith in Allah that this is a test to bring you closer to him and to make you stronger
                            2) Read all the info on the anxiety-no-more webpage and order the book
                            3) Find out about CBT in your local area

and no matter how scary life seems to be, live it...live alongside the anxiety, don't let it stop you doing anything...it will get bored of you and leave you eventually inshAllah.

Insh'Allah Allah will help us through all our trials and grant us jannah.

Salaams,
                            N x
                            Amazing post

Comment

I try to make sure I do something in everyday life even though it actually did not feel like the most 'authentic' thing to do, but I can look back and be glad I achieved something (even if it means ignoring actual issues so not sure if it is actually a good thing). Feeling sorry for yourself means you don't get to empower yourself.
                              might have spoken too soon.
                              Last edited by usernametaken; 08-11-18, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bismillah 2 View Post
                                i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to deal with anxiety/panic attacks for muslims.
                                Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is a weapon of a believer!

I'd like to kindly share this Dua for immediate cure taught to us by the Messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him).

Furthermore this video is so joyful:

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/basics/d...stress-and-joy

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
                                DR
                                Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is the weapon of a believer! Website: https://www.duasrevival.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X