Why do some Muslims stare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some Muslims stare?

What is up with that? I noticed a lot of arab/pakistani/indian orginated people like to stare into your soul, give you dirty looks and not take your eyes off of you. It's really irritating and I cant stand it anymore...yes Im not their "color" but its very bothersome. Some give the nastiest looks enough to put you six feet under.. Im so sick of this that anytime I see a hijabi person I look away and avoid their way and walk away from them..before I used to always smile and give salam id just be terrorized with their agonizing looks..but now ive stopped and run away from muslims completely..its disgusting to see muslims behave this way..and some will just stare at you with a disgusting look on their face and when you smile they will keep lookin at you..like what the heck seriously.
    Last edited by Grotbags; 08-08-11, 05:28 PM. Reason: please be careful of using racial terms

Re: Why do some Muslims stare?

Do you mean in the masjid? Or in general? I agree that staring is bad manners but I have found that a lot of the time people just don't realise they are doing it or that it's considered offensive, remember that 'back home' for a lot of Asians/ Arabs people are used to staring at others. I am not sure if you're a Muslim or not- if you are then I would suggest that maybe the fact that you're Muslim and not from their ethnic origin just surprises them? I dunno really, hard to work out from your situation what is causing this.

Comment

They're staring at you with hatred or in a perverted way?

Comment

I know what you mean!!!!!!!

its sometimes really wierd the looks that you can get from apne!
        especially the sisters they just seem to stare and glare at me, then i get all concious and even when i say Salaam they like ?
        By the way im a sister so yeh i know how you feel

if youre a different colour, i had a friend who was a white revert sister, and i used to taker her out on walks round the apne end for the shops and i felt like getting a blanket and protecting her, as the stares were getting wierd-- :-/

I know i aint helped much, but if it is any consolation i get you completely
        .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

You need to calm down, not all muslims are like this and the ones that are do not always look at you or others because of your different skin colour negatively, non muslims can be the same and when one is a different colour. Does it really matter what others think or do in any case? I just ignore such people and pretend they dont exist and dont let them get to me. They may think you are pretty or arent used to seeing someone who is a different colour, especially if you are white or are intrigued, others may be envious. We cant change how people react towards us, but we can learn to not let their behavior affect us. They will get bored soon enough and find others to annoy.

Comment

:salams

Just don't look at them.

And, anyways, even if they give you looks, just ignore and get on with your day. There's not much we can do, so don't let it get to you. :insha:
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Zoya09 View Post
              You need to calm down, not all muslims are like this and the ones that are do not always look at you or others because of your different skin colour negatively, non muslims can be the same and when one is a different colour. Does it really matter what others think or do in any case? I just ignore such people and pretend they dont exist and dont let them get to me. They may think you are pretty or arent used to seeing someone who is a different colour, especially if you are white or are intrigued, others may be envious. We cant change how people react towards us, but we can learn to not let their behavior affect us. They will get bored soon enough and find others to annoy.
              I will be honest with you, within the last 9 months I only remember of 3 sisters smiling and giving salam back and not turning their head away in disgust! I am giving salam for gods sake. Not all muslims are like this but most are. Non muslims treat me with the utmost respect (i am a covered, hijabi sister). I cannot appreciate the hospitality i get from white people. subhanallah its like they are muslims or something. The older men will hold doors for me, women will smile and treat me with a warm welcome

at the mod- i wasnt being racist..Racist is simply insulting a race. I was pointing out the arab/paki/indian muslims do this a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
                I know what you mean!!!!!!!

its sometimes really wierd the looks that you can get from apne!
                especially the sisters they just seem to stare and glare at me, then i get all concious and even when i say Salaam they like ?
                By the way im a sister so yeh i know how you feel

if youre a different colour, i had a friend who was a white revert sister, and i used to taker her out on walks round the apne end for the shops and i felt like getting a blanket and protecting her, as the stares were getting wierd-- :-/

I know i aint helped much, but if it is any consolation i get you completely
                Wow thats exactly what I go through. Some of my muslim friends have said some muslims dont appreacite other "races/colors" taking islam (of course thsi is the jahil so called muslims) so they get annoyed. The same reason why some cultures dont allow their sons/daughters marrying outside the race..This is exactly what I go through. Refer to my post before this. White ppl treat me so nice! I dont feel welcome. They will do this at the masjid or outside..Of course there are very little amount of sisters in the masjid who are nice and welcoming

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                  They're staring at you with hatred or in a perverted way?
                  Well gee.. I hope women don't stare at me in a perverted way . lol. They have hatred and disgust on their faces. I feel creeped out by some peoples looks. It's like piercing into my soul..and to those who are saying who cares or "calm down" if someone doesn't address the ignorance and sin by these muslims, no one will and the cycle will keep going.

Comment

it has nothing to do with islam or muslims. people just stare and asian people may stare you because you look different to them. just ignore them man chill!

Comment

do proper parhdah... their gaze wont annoy you anymore
                      Tere Hoondyan Soondyan Wey Mehbooba
                      Main Kafir Howan Jay Main Howan...

Comment

Perhaps they know what kind of words you have in stock for others?
                        Muslims are supposed to control their tongue no matter what so maybe they could see you soul and did not like what they saw?
                        Eyes are not the window to the soul but the vibes you give to people around you.
                        46 & 2?

Comment

Who cares tbh I mean I get stared as well but seriously theres more important things to dwell on.

Comment

Originally posted by mgilani View Post
                            Perhaps they know what kind of words you have in stock for others?
                            Muslims are supposed to control their tongue no matter what so maybe they could see you soul and did not like what they saw?
                            Eyes are not the window to the soul but the vibes you give to people around you.
                            Okay, that makes no sense. What you're claiming is shirk and very stupid and holds no base. They read minds? Fortune tellers perhaps? I am evil and have wrong thoughts about strangers I know nothing about? You're funny.

I think it's time to educate these cultures on how staring is RUDE and bothersome. I am pretty sure lots of revert sisters know what i mean. People here need to chill and realize it makes people uncomfortable. Some even talk in their own language which I understand because I've been around those people who speak that language. So yes, it is in issue for me. Esspecially when they gauke at my child and husband as well and whisper to one another.Funny thing is my husband understands them too. I'm not a child. I've been around to know whats right and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom1x View Post
                              Who cares tbh I mean I get stared as well but seriously theres more important things to dwell on.
                              Well "tbh" if you read my post, I stated that I would smile and give salam, as a MUSLIM should..and all they would do is stare back in disgust and turn their head away. Yes, turn their head after I said SALAM! I've stopped even trying to give face or salam to these people and even though I may not be right, I'm tired of it. I've had other friends from the european region who were converts who had the same issue. So it does exist. The attitude on this thread is baffling. I think it's an issue that is serious and needs to be dealth with from somewhere.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X