Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would setting a up a Christmas Tree be haram?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would setting a up a Christmas Tree be haram?

The reason its a nice decoration is because the kuffar made it look nice and like i mentioned before you may been influenced by them.

The use of a vases is not a explicit object of worship, but rather an ornament, however with the tree there is history behind it and how the pagans used to bow down to the tree (I advise you look into it to know the origins of the 'christmas tree')

This tree is for them and as Muslims we hate and love for the sake of Allah, leave this out sister they shytaan works in small steps, Allah forbid that a situation come where other kufar practices may be implented in the household because it looks nice etc..

Please dont use excuse of vase and compare with christmas tree, as mentioned before the tree is from their worship.

Comment

It is encouraging to see a muslim asking this question. I am a muslim too and i am going to setup a christmas tree as well as lights around my house this season. There is nothing wrong with this practice ehtically or morally. Everyone who calls it as haraam are just fools in my opinion who hate other religions and consider them as inferior. We live in non muslim majority lands, we take their citizenship, we feed off this soil, we live off of this system...why cant we celebrate its traditions. The term Kuffar is mistranslated and does not mean jews and christians or non muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered2 View Post
        It is encouraging to see a muslim asking this question. I am a muslim too and i am going to setup a christmas tree as well as lights around my house this season. There is nothing wrong with this practice ehtically or morally. Everyone who calls it as haraam are just fools in my opinion who hate other religions and consider them as inferior. We live in non muslim majority lands, we take their citizenship, we feed off this soil, we live off of this system...why cant we celebrate its traditions. The term Kuffar is mistranslated and does not mean jews and christians or non muslims.
        You sound like an EDL probably a troll. Who are you kidding? What do you mean by their land? This land this world this universe belongs to Allah only. We will not compromise our deen for the sake of fitting in. Do yourself a favor and research about Al-Islam and then see its a good religion and the only religion that will benefit you in the hereafter.

Comment

I don't know a great deal about Islam but I find the idea of pagan traditions being evil quite sad. I understand not wanting other people's religious symbols in your house but the tree is about acknowledging the sun's change in position in the sky in the northern hemisphere. It's about warding off the darkness of the winter evenings. I think if you lived in a country where the sun is out at Christmas then having a Christmas tree would be silly but here where it's dark, cold and wet you're just adapting to your setting, brightening up the glum evenings. I mean, if Allan/God etc created the world then how could a tree be haram? A tree is not a symbol or an idol it's a plant and decoration. I remember as a kid being so excited about the tree and decorating it, I still am. You know, Christians don't see it as a religious symbol, it's a European ornament. I'd do it. Just have fun. I don't know why you guys always have to watch each other so closely. Sometimes you need to make your own decisions, the Koran can't tell you everything.

Comment

Is putting a Christmas tree up haram?

This is not personal, nor is it a lie. I would love to put up a Christmas tree as a mom of four just for decoration and making my kids happy! But is it immitating the Kufar? No absolutely not! I recently went to my recent masjid and had a speech in this which was agreed with the Sheick, We agreed that putting up a Christmas tree would not be had on because a Christmas tree is not a sign of you celebrating Christmas. A Christmas tree is simply a way of decoration. It has not declared in the Koran know has a profit Mohammed said that is haram to put the Christmas tree up! Basically you can put it up but, you would have to make it a New Years tree. As long as you keep praying and doing the five pillars of Islam every day And know that Jesus was not born on that day and he is not the sun of god, then go ahead have fun! But remember keep you five pillars of Islam going!! And always pray, also remind your children that this is not a Christmas tree it is a New Years tree!
            Jazukmalahu khayrun

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              Is putting a Christmas tree up haram?

This is not personal, nor is it a lie. I would love to put up a Christmas tree as a mom of four just for decoration and making my kids happy! But is it immitating the Kufar? No absolutely not! I recently went to my recent masjid and had a speech in this which was agreed with the Sheick, We agreed that putting up a Christmas tree would not be had on because a Christmas tree is not a sign of you celebrating Christmas. A Christmas tree is simply a way of decoration. It has not declared in the Koran know has a profit Mohammed said that is haram to put the Christmas tree up! Basically you can put it up but, you would have to make it a New Years tree. As long as you keep praying and doing the five pillars of Islam every day And know that Jesus was not born on that day and he is not the sun of god, then go ahead have fun! But remember keep you five pillars of Islam going!! And always pray, also remind your children that this is not a Christmas tree it is a New Years tree!
              Jazukmalahu khayrun
              Your sheik is a liar or is ignorant

it is imitating the kuffar
              it can even lead to shirk if u celebrate christmas in certain ways
              so dont go near it dont put a tree up

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleMuslimah View Post

People in Muslim countries decorate their houses with lights for Ramadan and 'Eid. They also give children money and presents, and visit extended family - it's pretty similar to Christmas, actually. If your intention in putting lights up is because you think it's pretty, and your intention in giving a kid a present is just to see them happy, I don't know why it would be wrong.
                except your intention is also to do it on Christmas so NO, fail logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Your sheik is a liar or is ignorant

it is imitating the kuffar
                  it can even lead to shirk if u celebrate christmas in certain ways
                  so dont go near it dont put a tree up
                  forreal, people are soo desperate, is that the only way to have fun clearly following the kaafir traditions but with a different name LOL

Comment

not wrong to have a tree at home. It's just a tree. But looks like you just wanna do it during christmas which is wrong.
                    Do good deed everytime when you feel like doing. Why just during christmas?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X