Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is abortion haraam

i agree that abortion is haraam when the baby is fully formed

but in the first few weeks how is it haraam? the baby is an egg, it feels no pain.

seriously i am in a situation and i need to know if its haraam or not. iv had an abortion before but it was only a few weeks old, only a cluster of cells, so i was under the impression it was halal before the angel of life breathes life into the baby.

Re: how is abortion haraam

sister its not halal.
    for the early stages this is ONLY if for like a life and death reason, like the mum will die if continuing with the pregnancy.
    abortion should never ever be used like a form of birth control - "im not ready for a baby" "its not the right time" "i dont want to have it" etc etc. its not valid reasons whatsoever.
    think about it, its so ungrateful to Allah subhanahu wa ta3ala. He has blessed u with this great wonderful blessing and u throw it away :( Children are an amazing gift. There are many ppl who suffer for years and years without a child, they would give anything for a child! and yet some people want to discard their child by saying "its only a few cells, it wont feel anything, it doesnt matter" it may be a cluster of cells but this is a start of human life u have to respect it.
    please sister, if by "in a situation" u mean u r pregnant again then do not get rid of ur baby. whatever difficulty u are in ask Allah to assist u and make ur circumstances easier on you. and insha allah make tawbah for the previous abortion.
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

thank you for your reply. you dont understand though, I am not married. The father is someone who I have wanted to marry since day one but my family and his are against it because of race. its been a few years now and we slipped up a few times by being alone and iv already gone through one abortion, why not another?

Comment

I'm personally against abortion, even in it's earliest stages (with exceptions ofcourse, like the mother's life being in danger etc) and I believe it to be wrong...but different scholars have different opinions on this matter.

you can read more here:
        http://www.islamawareness.net/Family...abortion3.html
        The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

thank you for the link

the verse which gets to me is

"And do not kill your children for fear of poverty: We give them sustenance and yourselves (too): surely to kill them is a great wrong." (17:31)

the problem is, i think this verse is for the beleiving people who are married.

we are not married and we are sinners. we are very regretful for it, but nonetheless sinners, so i do not feel this verse applies to pregnancy outside of wedlock. we have noway of supporting a baby and creating a life, we cant even support our selves. He has no qualifications apart from A level he still is studying at uni and has 3 years left. also our families will never help with us as i just know they will abandon me and his will abandon him after they find out she is pregnant. the shame is unbareabule

Comment

Originally posted by tellmestr8 View Post
            thank you for your reply. you dont understand though, I am not married. The father is someone who I have wanted to marry since day one but my family and his are against it because of race. its been a few years now and we slipped up a few times by being alone and iv already gone through one abortion, why not another?
            sis no offense but that is quite a sick attitude.
            if u killed a child who was born, would you feel like this "i killed one so might aswel kill another one" then were will u draw the line?!
            that is not right at all.
            u need to take a serious look at your actions and make tawbah big time. so you are not married and u got pregnant now twice... subhanallah :s sister u have to take this as a wake up call and turn urself around. really.
            it will be difficult to raise the child by urself, and im sure u wil get a hostile reaction from some people in the community but if u want to do the right thing this what u should do. you shouldnt add to what you already commited by getting rid of this child, the first one was bad enough.
            insha allah make a sincere tawbah. really contemplate about the severity of this, force urself to realise wat a grave matter it is, then cry to Allah, make so much istighfar and just make the full intention to leave all of his haram behind and make a fresh start, and hav ur baby and raise him/her in the right way.
            it seems a big thing to make a full change like this, and maybe the 'easy way out' is to have another 2nd abortion but sister u r going down a path of destruction if u do it. it is never to late to make tawbah and turn back to Allah and live in the right way :love: if u do that then Allah wil give u the strength to go thru with the pregnancy and deal with the backlash u might get from family/society
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Your family is being unfair to you in not letting you marry this man for racist reasons, and you are being unfair to your unborn child now as well by wanting to terminate the pregnancy...what if your unborn child ends up being a wonderful and pious human being? I'm sorry if I'm going to sound mean sister, but if you've already commited the sin of zina to the point you got pregnant twice, why would u add to the sins by having abortions (murder), and now again for the 2nd time?
              It is going to be tough, and honestly I can't imagine being in the situation you're in, I apologize if I'm being insensitive, but life is a test and we all have our inner demons to battle (I'd still keep the child if I were u)...patience and sincere tawbah will get you through inshaallah...on the plus side, maybe if u have this baby, your parents will be forced to change their minds and let you marry him, maybe then they will see the errors in their ways (the whole racism thing), Inshaallah.
              The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                sis no offense but that is quite a sick attitude.
                if u killed a child who was born, would you feel like this "i killed one so might aswel kill another one" then were will u draw the line?!
                that is not right at all.
                u need to take a serious look at your actions and make tawbah big time. so you are not married and u got pregnant now twice... subhanallah :s sister u have to take this as a wake up call and turn urself around. really.
                it will be difficult to raise the child by urself, and im sure u wil get a hostile reaction from some people in the community but if u want to do the right thing this what u should do. you shouldnt add to what you already commited by getting rid of this child, the first one was bad enough.
                insha allah make a sincere tawbah. really contemplate about the severity of this, force urself to realise wat a grave matter it is, then cry to Allah, make so much istighfar and just make the full intention to leave all of his haram behind and make a fresh start, and hav ur baby and raise him/her in the right way.
                it seems a big thing to make a full change like this, and maybe the 'easy way out' is to have another 2nd abortion but sister u r going down a path of destruction if u do it. it is never to late to make tawbah and turn back to Allah and live in the right way :love: if u do that then Allah wil give u the strength to go thru with the pregnancy and deal with the backlash u might get from family/society
                did you not even read my last post? How can we support the child? we arent even married, and i dont have a wali that will let me get married so any so called nikkah will be invalid and we will be living in zina as we are now (i dont live with him). also our families will kick us out and will never accept the pregnancy. the guy isnt even educated or anything hes still in uni we cant even support ourselves let alone a baby. all 3 lives will be ruined, but especially the baby cos we will offer it a shi* life.

i apologise for saying "why not another". it came out wrong, i was crying at the time, im so sad .

Comment

how can you wake up in the morning and live a normal muslims life doing what you are?
                  seriously sister you need to get rid of this other person whom your sinning with. get married. move on. but first you need to sort the main issue, your child. I think its best to tell the parents and have this child. perhaps they will have a solution for your other problems.
                  Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

assalaamu alaykum,

one of the people we know will go to hell are those who are cruel to animals, so let me ask you, if you kill one innocent animal why not another?

see the trap shaitan uses, no one wants to think of themselves as an evil person so they try to justify their acts.

now this small bundle of cells is a potential human life, it is more important than an animal and you think your punishment will be less? especially as you dont see it as wrong so have not made tawbah from your acts?

your sin of abortion is worse than the sin of zina, the sin of zina you only hurt yourself and your partner, the sin of abortion you hurt an unborn child.

lets be clear, abortion prior to the soul being breathed into the body is forbidden but abortion after this is murder where the woman, the doctor and the partner if he knew and permitted it should all be killed.

what can possibly be preventing you from marrying and making your relationship halal? even if it annoys your families, go to a sheikh and get your wali removed if he refuses over race, if it is his family then tell him to be a man and stand up to them and stop making excuses for haram things.

assalaamu alaykum,
                    Abu Abdillah
                    Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

woh you fear the people more then your fear Allah (swt), and mashallah you are so knoweldgeable to know this verse does not apply to you? i suppose sex outside marriage is also is ok for you?

your actions make you CHEAP, jannah is not cheap if you ever wish to even smell the fragrance of it then REFORM NOW... stop your murder and zina...

I do not know why you are on the forum asking for advice when you seem to be bent on the idea that everything u do is ok in life... I think you are here to just find some sort of justification? well there is no justification for your actions.... subhanllah how did muslim women get so cheap?

Comment

You have a valid question.

Firstly, killing children is FORBIDDEN in Islam, as it was a known practice amongst polytheist Arabs to kill the female born. However, those children were born and you're talking about a developing embryo or maybe even before an embryo. So there are differing opinions.

In Islam, the most common Shariah ruling is that the Ruh enters the embryo 120 (4 months) after conception. Thus, some scholars permit abortion before this time period, ONLY in the case of zina. However, some scholars, still do NOT permit it.

These do:
                        http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13331

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12475

These don't:
                        However, some scholars, such as those on Sunnipath do not consider it permissible to abort even before the Ruh enters. They consider it a sin still, but less of a sin than after 120 days. http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=270&CATE=87

One of the questions on sunnipath states a girl in a similar situation to you. They say to get married ASAP. Do not abort and get married. If the child is born at least 6 months after marriage, its considered legitimate. If the child is born before 6 months after marriage, its considered illegitimate. So their advice is to get married asap.

It's your life, you make the call. Follow your heart and your situation. Don't despair. With every difficulty comes relief.

By the way, this is your 2nd time? The abortion is a last resort concession, its not meant to be a habit. You REALLY REALLY need to stop seeing this guy. I know how it is, you meet with him with no intention to get physical and 30 minutes later, you're off to create a baby. Honestly, I'm being stern for your own good -- be a responsible human being, PLEASE. Control yourself and fix your situation. If you can't marry him, leave him. If you can, marry him. But don't keep this type of relationship going.

Comment

Originally posted by tellmestr8 View Post
                          thank you for the link

the verse which gets to me is

"And do not kill your children for fear of poverty: We give them sustenance and yourselves (too): surely to kill them is a great wrong." (17:31)

the problem is, i think this verse is for the beleiving people who are married.

we are not married and we are sinners. we are very regretful for it, but nonetheless sinners, so i do not feel this verse applies to pregnancy outside of wedlock. we have noway of supporting a baby and creating a life, we cant even support our selves. He has no qualifications apart from A level he still is studying at uni and has 3 years left. also our families will never help with us as i just know they will abandon me and his will abandon him after they find out she is pregnant. the shame is unbareabule
                          If the shame is REALLy so unbearable, why not leave the siN? You are admitting its a sin. Why not take steps to LEave it? Little steps at least. Feeling bad / regretfull is a start. Turn it into action. Leave the guy. Do you really want to be dragged down in Hell fire on your face because of this guy? Sister, I suggest you turn to Allah (swt). You guys should be ashamed in front of Him (swt).
                          " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at a few weeks old the baby is no longer just a cluster of cells or just an egg. It is a cluster of cells for only a couple of days after conception, and it stops being considered an egg 14 days after conception, but by that time the embryo is already developing within the structure that is call the egg. By the time the embryo is a few weeks old, it will have a head, a rudimentary spinal cord, a heart, limb buds (little bumps that are already growing into arms and legs), measurable activity in the brain - that's just four weeks after conception! Six weeks after conception it is well developed enough that doctors don't call it an embryo at all, but a foetus. At this stage it looks like a very tiny human being, almost all parts are developed. Ten weeks after fertilisation, all the parts are developed, even the fingernails. The only thing that hasn't happened yet is that the sex organs don't yet look either male or female but half way between, and obviously it has an awful lot of growing to do. 12-14 weeks after conception the sex organs start to look developed enough so that a good sonographer can tell if its a boy or a girl, but usually they wait a few weeks after this point before doing scans to find out the sex because its easier to see when the baby's a bit bigger.

Some scholars say that the baby gets is soul 40 days after conception, which is just 2 days short of 6 weeks after conception (i.e. just a few weeks old) , the same time the doctors stop calling it an embryo and start calling it a foetus. Other scholars say this happens after 80 days, or after 120 days. But remember, all its body parts are developed but tiny just 10 weeks after conception.

Unfortunately pro-abortion groups drasically play down how well developed embryos and foetuses are very early on, describing them as being "just tissue" so that people aren't put off having an abortion. "just tissue" is a very misleading term because tissue means a collection of cells that all have the same function. The point at which an embryo stops consisting of cells that all have the same function is about two days after conception, long before the egg is fully implanted. If by "just tissue" they mean just a collection of different kinds of tissue, then this description can apply equally to adult human beings as we are made entirely of different tissues.

Regarding when an embryo or foetus starts to feel pain, doctors simply do not know when this is. The brain and spinal cord are already starting to develop by 4 weeks, and these are the organs that detect pain.
                            Last edited by dhak1yya; 26-09-08, 06:40 AM.

Comment

please dont such an awful thing, you will only live to regret it, you have had an abortion done previously, so how you could consider another one is confusing me.

Dont do it
                              The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X