Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

prophet sws married aisha wen she was 6!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prophet sws married aisha wen she was 6!?!?

salaamun alaikum

i was just on an islam q and a site and i came across this:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...xt=intercourse

i cant understand it!!! with all due respect, aisha (ra) was still a child! she was 9 years old when their marriage was consummated!! i really cannot understand that! how can u be ready 4 sex at that age? most children dont even know what sex is at that age!! i find it disgusting (but i do still love the prophet sws)...i dont understand it..she was just a child!!

Re: prophet sws married aisha wen she was 6!?!?

wa alaykum salam

she was happy about the marriage and that age was something normal in that society and time. these days kids are not the same way they used to be in that time, then they were mature earlier.
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
      wa alaykum salam

she was happy about the marriage and that age was something normal in that society and time. these days kids are not the same way they used to be in that time, then they were mature earlier.

Acually, scientificly speaking, back then kids physicaly developed later in life. Today they actualy mature physically sooner.
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
        wa alaykum salam

well said and also my mother got married when she was 14.

Masha-allah in the past people matured really fast.
        Jazak Allah Khair For All Your Duas.

Comment

Originally posted by dour View Post
          Acually, scientificly speaking, back then kids physicaly developed later in life. Today they actualy mature physically sooner.
          i dont think that is the case dour.... umm ul mu2mineen aisha consumated marriage at age 9 because she became baligh in that age, most girls these days do not become @ that age more like 12 or 13 which is quite a few years later..
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by confuseddd View Post
            salaamun alaikum

i was just on an islam q and a site and i came across this:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...xt=intercourse

i cant understand it!!! with all due respect, aisha (ra) was still a child! she was 9 years old when their marriage was consummated!! i really cannot understand that! how can u be ready 4 sex at that age? most children dont even know what sex is at that age!! i find it disgusting (but i do still love the prophet sws)...i dont understand it..she was just a child!!

Walaikum Asalaam

Firstly I should be very careful of your wording. You are saying it is disgusting, you are then saying the Prophet peace be upon him did a dirty thing and that Allah encourages it. So be very very careful.
            You are also thinking 'inside' of the box and judging by 1. todays standards and 2. earthly standards.
            1. In this day and age in many countries many families have their children engaged from birth.....to keep the family together. It does not mean they are going to have a relationship in childhood...it is only forging a bond between the families. 2. The Prophet peace be upon him actaully questioned Allah about this, he knew how young Aisha was and at first wasnt comfortable. 3. She was not a child in the way you think of her. Yhis was ordained by Allah. And they consumed the marriage when she was between the ages of 9 or 10 and if you need another example of how young girls were when they were ready to marry Maryam mother of Isa peace be upon them was around 11 years old when she gave birth to Isa.
            3. This is not an earthly relationship. It was brought together by the order of Allah, and who are we to question the reasoning?
            4. Aisha had a brilliant mind and a remarkable memory, and Islam would not be the way it is now without her. We would have lost so much. Over 2500 hadith are attributed to her memory. She was a scholar, and had even been greeted by the Angel Jibreel aley'salaam.

So before you find things 'disgusting' try looking at your religion in the correct way, and arm yourself with facts, instead of sounding like a kaffir, becasue this is always the only stupid thing that comes out of their narrow minded mouths.

Walaikum Asalaam
            'Verily, never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change themselves.'
            (al-Ra'd, 13:11)

Comment

im sure i read sumwer that the prophet saw didnt have a physical relationship with Aishah until after she started menstruatin

chill out, Islam is beautiful and our prophet saw was the best
              Allah knws best

Comment

if you look at the world now. what is the age to have sex, as every country have different age. so what is the right age?:confused:
                'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint' :lailah:
                Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

Originally posted by aisha2007 View Post
                  4. Aisha had a brilliant mind and a remarkable memory, and Islam would not be the way it is now without her. We would have lost so much. Over 2500 hadith are attributed to her memory. She was a scholar, and had even been greeted by the Angel Jibreel aley'salaam.
                  Aisha's (ra) mind was even better than the above suggests. She was just 18 when Rasool Allah :saw: died. More hadeeth were narrated through Aisha (ra) than through any other companion, she taught Islam to men and women, (when she taught men she was behind a screen so they could hear her and not see her) she was consulted on all kinds of Islamic matters by all kinds of people. How much must she have learned, memorised and understood to be able to do this? And she learned it all by the time she was just 18 mashaAllah. She clearly had a very advanced and remarkable mind, so it would be very reasonable to suggest that she was very advanced for her years as a child. i.e. intellectually and emotionally advanced. She was also phsically advanced for her age as has been commented upon already.

As for Rasool Allah :saw: he waited until A'isha (ra) was ready before consommating the marriage. Everything we know about Muhammad :saw: including the fact that he never ever even shouted at his wives, never mind mistreat them in any way, there is no way that he would have pressurised Aisha (ra) (or any other of his wives for that matter) into doing anything she did not want to do.

Also A'isha (ra) after Muhammad :saw: died, advised many people on ettiquette between men and women for intimate marital relations. In fact most of the hadeeth on this matter come from her. If she had not been 100% comfortable with her intimate relationship with Rasool Allah :saw: (or any other aspect of her marriage to him for that matter) then she would not have been able to advise/teach others on these matters.
                  Last edited by dhak1yya; 18-06-07, 12:34 AM.
                  [CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]
                  [CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                  [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Wake Up!!!!This is the Messenger of Allah you are talking about. Someone who Allah(swt) sent to this earth, someone who your Rabb described as the best example in the Quran, the last and final testament. What are you doing trying to compare him to worst of creation and their false basis for what is right and wrong. It is IRRELEVANT what anyone thinks.
                    Worship Allah alone

"....Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zalimun."
                    [EMQ 5:51]

Comment

People make many disgusting allegations against the prophet(saw) and his intentions.

But remember:

1. It was a MARRIAGE: a legal, committed, responsible, public relationship, consented to by her and her parents also.. that lasted until he died, and he died in Aisha(ra)s arms.

2. There was a THREE YEAR GAP between marriage and consummation. This shows the intentions could never be doubted. The prophet(saw) waited until Aisha was mature enough, physically and otherwise and until her parents sent her to live with him.

3. Once a Jew walked past the prophet(saw) and said "poison be upon you." (in arabic the words for that and peace sound similar) and the prophet(saw) replied "and upon you" which is how one would always return a greeting of a non Muslim.. and Aisha(ra) hearing it got angry and strated cursing the Jew for saying something bad about the prophet(saw). Can you imagine how she would've reacted to the things people say about him today, or how angry she would have been if she knew that today people use her age of marriage to malign him? She would be the first to defend her husbands honour.
                      [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                      [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
                      [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
                      [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
                      [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                      Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
                      [/CENTER]

Comment

In a world where average life expectancy was around 30, it made sense to marry younger. Girls were married as soon as menses began while an older man could be seen as someone that had beaten the odds and would make a good father. Jews, Christians and basically everyone in the world followed a similiar model.
                        I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

one other thing is if the marriage was "wrong" at that time dont u think Quraish would have used it to ridicule and abuse the Prophet(SAW)?
                          "Love of Allah" <------- Click

Comment

Ive read a book where they said that she wasnt 6 when she married him but 16 and she wasnt 9 when she moved in with him but in fact she was 19. but there has been so many arguements and so many discusstions over this. but what we do need to remmeber is that the Prophet SAW lived in a different time from us, so then it was allowed to marry gyals at that age, where as now there are laws and stuff.

You cant mixed religion with Reality, meaning that certain things happened back then cant happen now. like in the bible it talks about father getting his two daughters pregant and a brother raping his sister. Now these arent allowed today are they, due to laws and stuff.

Anyway, any one wants proof of what I just said just PM me
                            And He found you lost and guided you,
                            ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                            " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                            ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

wow, this is really new to me, i had no idea, i had a negative thought astagfirulla, but it was Allah swt plans, i'm just a mere mortal i shouldn't be disgusted at Allah's beautiful creation mashalla, subhannallah.
                              ALLAHHUAKBAR

Comment

Working...
                              X