• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Disturbing Waswas about Allah and his Messenger

Asalam Alaikum wa rahmatuLLAHI wa barakathu,

I have a really big problem...
    I suffer from Waswas since 4-5 years.
    I wasn't a practicing Muslim before (I didn't pray but I was seeking knowledge about our religion).

One day I was watching an islamic youtube video and I saw a comment from a islam hater (Christian).
    Normally those comments hadn't any effect on me back then but I don't know why, this thought stuck in my head.
    I got the most unlogical/disturbing thoughts you could imagine.
    After some time they went away came after a couple of months back but worse (happened in the 4 years like 5 times).

My problem is now that I'm really lost, I can't think logically anymore, my brain feels foggy, everytime I think of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala or the Prophet Peace and blessings upon him I get those "what if..." thoughts.
    I know you should ignore them but they reached now a point where those thoughts overwhelmed me...
    I try to think that those thoughts are from Shaytan but I'm getting overwhelmed to a point that I can't think properly...

I cry nights because of this, I make dua to Allah that those thoughts might go away but nothing is happening.
    I feel like Allah sealed my heart and I'm doomed...

I don't know what to do anymore, I don't want to be in Hellfire for ever because of this.

I'm well aware of the Ahadith, that the Sahaba had bad thoughts and this was a sign of Iman but in my case it feels like I started believing them even though I don't want to

Please keep in mind that those "Waswas" aren't ordinary Waswas anymore but they already overwhelmed me...

please help me
    Last edited by AbdullahSabr; 11-10-22, 01:22 PM.

Do more salawat and praises of Allah dhikr and it will free your mind from this
    I was formerly known as LailaTheMuslim

Comment

Say Aamantubillah and then be steadfast
      make istighfar frequently and make tawba for all your sins
      do dhikr regularly and pray 5 times a day as well as extra voluntary prayers
      Make a lot of dua and read the Quran just tilaawat and then if you can contemplate over its verses
      Read books about tazkiat al nafs

Al-'Ankabut 29:45

ٱتْلُ مَآ أُوحِىَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ ٱلْكِتَٰبِ وَأَقِمِ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَۖ إِنَّ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ تَنْهَىٰ عَنِ ٱلْفَحْشَآءِ وَٱلْمُنكَرِۗ وَلَذِكْرُ ٱللَّهِ أَكْبَرُۗ وَٱللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

Recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do.

pray because Salah keeps one away from sins and sins lead to kufr so to avoid kufr and sins pray pray pray this is to do with imaan and connection to Allah

Al-Ghaafir (40:60)

وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ٱدْعُونِىٓ أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ عَنْ عِبَادَتِى سَيَدْخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ

And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible

Allah responded to even Iblis so of course he will respond to any muslim who sincerely calls out for goodness in sha Allah
      make duaa and ask Allah for help and guidance

Az-Zumar (39:53)

قُلْ يَٰعِبَادِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا۟ عَلَىٰٓ أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا۟ مِن رَّحْمَةِ ٱللَّهِ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ ٱلذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُۥ هُوَ ٱلْغَفُورُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Dont despair Allah forgives all sins so never lose hope
      stay steadfast repeat the shahada often and build your connection with Allah and slowly the thoughts will go in sha Allah

stay away from those trying to misguide you

Comment

Walaikum salam, you are not doomed or anything ,you are facing a psychological and emotional issue, you can back to normal thinking and get rid of this issue ( it will take some time) but you have to work. You have to work to get rid of this with a system

ok so what is the system ?

but i need more details if you like to share, i assume you are a guy your age and education or working

Waswas is a complicated thing it's also called OCD. there are many types.

your tools to fight 1) knowledge (both knowledge i mean spiritual knowledge and world knowledge)
        2) spiritual
        3) help from others (if needed)

Comment

Originally posted by Rational believer View Post
          Walaikum salam, you are not doomed or anything ,you are facing a psychological and emotional issue, you can back to normal thinking and get rid of this issue ( it will take some time) but you have to work. You have to work to get rid of this with a system

ok so what is the system ?

but i need more details if you like to share, i assume you are a guy your age and education or working

Waswas is a complicated thing it's also called OCD. there are many types.

your tools to fight 1) knowledge (both knowledge i mean spiritual knowledge and world knowledge)
          2) spiritual
          3) help from others (if needed)
          Asalam Alaikum wa rahmatuLLAHI wa barakthu,

yes, you assumed right, I'm a guy, 22 years old and doing my Uni now.
          Tbh. I can't concentrate on anything else while I have those whispers...
          Nothing is fun anymore since there is no point in doing anything while those whispers occur.
          I don't even know anymore if those are whispers or if it's already in my heart and I'm starting to believe it even though I don't want those thoughts + they're disturbing me...

I can't think logically any more, I don't know what is happening to me.

Before I started practicing I didn't have those thoughts.

I'm trying my best to gain knowledge (watching the Sira videos from Sheikh Uthman), learning Duas and learning the Deen.
          But everytime I think of Allah or Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings upon him I get those thoughts...
          They overwhelm me so much that I would cry in a public place where people would look at me and think I'm crazy

Comment

Btw. thank you for the other Brothers/Sisters for helping me, it means so much.

May Allah reward you with Jannatul Firdaus, Amin.

Comment

Ok as first step you need lots of knowledge i mean real knowledge ( not theory only )theory and practical. btw sorry for my English

have you ever heard brain wairing and rewiring

Step one

first you need a opinion diet at least for one month ( quit all YouTube,etc watch or listen or learn any deen related topics) Why ? you are already gaining too much information and it make you waswas worse. correct me if im wrong.

because problem is deep rooted for years and your deen knowledge is build without a proper foundation so more information you get more waswas.

-recite quran and duas without looking meanings (if arab is not your language it much more easier ) like 10 -15 min a day don't do more than

-pray 5 times recite ayathul kursh after all prayers

- count how much time you spend on these thoughts per day other than doing useful work

- for concentration try to study a uni subject for an hour and see what happen

now your mind asking why or you feel strange. this guy asking to recite quran little time and asking to stop learning deen. may be your whisper will pop up a bad image on me. he's a wrong path dont do his method . i'll explain more details nest posts late why i recommend this

because you have to grow emotional intelligence the key point to overcome this hell this is why you can't concentrate or think logically

when you grow knowledge, emotional intelligence and courage waswas go away, but is a long process to go

start to read this book
              Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts: A CBT-Based Guide to Getting Over Frightening, Obsessive, Or Disturbing Thoughts
              Book by Martin N. Seif and Sally M. Winston

you can finish with in a month

ill update more later
              Last edited by Rational believer; 13-10-22, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Salam walaikum brother/Peace be upon you,
                first off I like you I have seen many very convincing arguments against our beloved last messenger pbuh of Allah by the children of israel(jews and christians).first you need to understand that hadith is NOT quran and a lot of lies have been propagated in it by enemies of Muhammed pbuh the hypocrites and Abu Lahab(there is an entire surah on Abu Lahab(surah 111) and hypocrites(Surah 63).So please you can refer to hadith but if you want to stay on the right solely focus on Quran and cautiously on the biography and even the sahih hadiths.Hadiths were compiled 150 years after the last messengers pbuh of God's death and CANNOT be relied upon completely.Sunnah preservation is not the hadith but the practices like fasting,prayer etc.An example of a lie in sahih hadith is the marriage age of Aisha to Muhammed pbuh.The mercy to worlds marrying a 6 year old....really?Is that even possible?Ofcourse not.So anyway rely on the Quran,cautiously on hadiths(even sahih hadiths) and you should be do fine.A dua which works 100% of the time if recited 7 times is hasbiallahu la illaha ila huwa alayhi tawakaltu wa huwa rabul arshul azim.In addition Ayatul kursi and surah nas and surah falaq recitation several times should help with the waswas problem.Lastly rely on the Quran...it will be your guide against the misguided christians and jews who comment nonsense against islam.Take care brother and hope you follow my advice.Peace be upon you brother.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X