Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have I been extremely unlucky with respect to myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Why have I been extremely unlucky with respect to myself?

Firstly, I want to clarify, that I won't say myself more unlucky than others in the world because that'd not be true. I'm saying this wrto myself alone. Wrto my life alone. I want to give small example. I had 30 days for 1 exam. 1 week went because my laptop failed hard drive and I had to learn to use linux, windows failed in it. Then, another 3-4 days went because my father mentally tortured me for no reason. Then, just today, I was walking in my room and my feet got rotated while walking and cracked up. Now, it's swelling. I've only 6 days for exam and I was planning to study now with full focus. Why doesn't nobody support me?
    I pray to God, do exercise to maintain my mental and physical health. I'm really tired. Why should I even try? I should just sleep all day if at the end I'm not going to get anything great in life? If everything has been fixed for me, why should I work for anything? If I am destined to be a loser in life, why should I try?

Your success isn't measured on whether you pass or fail in this world.
    Its is measured on how much you have done for aakhirah.
    Whether you pass or not it will not change what you earn. this is fixed.
    Its upon us to try our best and trust Allah that whatever the outcome that's the best for us.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Study the bet you can apply yourself. In the end whatever Allah wills will prevail nothing more... nothing less...

Comment

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah

Originally posted by zaredkhan View Post
      my laptop failed hard drive .......... my father mentally tortured.....my feet got rotated while walking and cracked up. Now, it's swelling........Why doesn't nobody support me?
      we are on this world to be tested

Originally posted by zaredkhan View Post
      If I am destined to be a loser in life, why should I try
      the way you measure success in life is wrong the purpose of life is not to pass exams or have materialistic things the purpose of life is worshiping god as long as you worship god properly you are successful if you live and die upon that is success however the more you slack the more of a looser you become
      maintain your daily fard prayers in the masjid on time an try any voluntary worship you can like extra sunnah prayers and fasting each monday and thursday 3 white days of each lunar month or the fasting of daoud that is true success not passing an exam or having materialistic things which loose relevancy with time and become worthless when u die

Comment

السلام عليكم
        First I want to say that luck doesn't exist. Everything come from Allah
        أَيْنَمَا تَكُونُوا يُدْرِككُّمُ الْمَوْتُ وَلَوْ كُنتُمْ فِي بُرُوجٍ مُّشَيَّدَةٍ ۗ وَإِن تُصِبْهُمْ حَسَنَةٌ يَقُولُوا هَـٰذِهِ مِنْ عِندِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَإِن تُصِبْهُمْ سَيِّئَةٌ يَقُولُوا هَـٰذِهِ مِنْ عِندِكَ ۚ قُلْ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ اللَّهِ ۖ فَمَالِ هَـٰؤُلَاءِ الْقَوْمِ لَا يَكَادُونَ يَفْقَهُونَ حَدِيثًا
        Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, even if you should be within towers of lofty construction. But if good comes to them, they say, "This is from Allah "; and if evil befalls them, they say, "This is from you." Say, "All [things] are from Allah." So what is [the matter] with those people that they can hardly understand any statement?
        now your might thing that because Allah hit you with misfortune he hate you? This is wrong. Allah test his servant with evil and good.
        now you might thinks that because Allah hits you with misfortune he hate you? This is actually not always true as Allah test his servant with good and evil
        وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُم بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوْفِ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الْأَمْوَالِ وَالْأَنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ ۗ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ
        And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. Baqara 155

And you will see that some prophet we were the most loved one like Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم or Musa عليه السلام for exemple have a life of hardship of trial.
        know read what follow

الَّذِينَ إِذَا أَصَابَتْهُم مُّصِيبَةٌ قَالُوا إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ
        Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return."
        أُولَـٰئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ صَلَوَاتٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَرَحْمَةٌ ۖ وَأُولَـٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُهْتَدُونَ
        Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided.
        baqara 156 157.

so as you see all misfortune is just a trial from Allah so he can see if stay faithful to him and you believe in his mercy and not fall to haram and depression. And if you patient and strong in hardship Allah will reward you with the best in dounya and in the akhira

قَالَ وَمَن يَقْنَطُ مِن رَّحْمَةِ رَبِّهِ إِلَّا الضَّالُّونَ
        He said, "And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord except for those astray?

وَقِيلَ لِلَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا مَاذَا أَنزَلَ رَبُّكُمْ ۚ قَالُوا خَيْرًا ۗ لِّلَّذِينَ أَحْسَنُوا فِي هَـٰذِهِ الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةٌ ۚ وَلَدَارُ الْآخِرَةِ خَيْرٌ ۚ وَلَنِعْمَ دَارُ الْمُتَّقِينَ
        And it will be said to those who feared Allah, "What did your Lord send down?" They will say, "[That which is] good." For those who do good in this world is good; and the home of the Hereafter is better. And how excellent is the home of the righteous -

So a second question how to know if Allah like or not? Simple if you do evil and not repent then Allah will punish you in the the both world. However is you repent from you bad deed and you do good Allahou will you and all the harm that fall upon you are trial from Allah so he can increase your Iman and you reward in the akhiratou.

Hope you will get better and to know that all of this difficulty is temporary and Allahou will remove it if you stay faithful to him. And to Allah you will find happiness.

I hope that I've helped.
        May Allah help you and will give you a happy life here and in the Akhirati

Comment

Assalamu alaikum,

Sup brother. You need to go easy on yourself. You have the Qur'an to guide and the best examples in RasulAllah (SWS) and his companions so what do you have to worry about. Cheer up!

Do not say if everything is already pre determined why should you try - we think of destiny being a product of time, limited by the physical aspect of the past and the future as governed by the rules of this universe. But because time is a creation of Allah (SWT) these limitations does not apply to the Power of Allah (SWT). If you think of it in terms of physics, time is the 4rth dimension. So any being who is in this universe must follow all the rules of this universe, including accepting that time is the 4rth dimension. But any being that does not belong to this universe does not have to follow that rule. And Allah (SWT) created the universes so you get where this is going yeah?

Your father has been a negative influence: The prophet's uncle, Saad Ibn Abi Waqqas (radiAllahu anhu) faced a challenge in his early life that was unique, a trial from Allah (SWT) and perhaps way bigger than we can endure. His mother was so against the truth that she decided to go on a hunger strike untill Saad Ibn Abi Waqqas would leave Islam. He did not move and his mother at her death bed quit and gave in. His mother lived and he did not have to become a kafir forced by his mother. Point being- u do what you have to do. Either you are in the right or not and luckily u don't have to decide that for yourself. Do your duties to him according to the Qur'an and sunnah There was a ayah revealed in relation to this incident of Saad I will have to look it up. How was Saad Ibn Abi Waqqas (RA) rewarded you might ask?

-He was granted the honor to be the first one to defend RasulAllah (SAS),
          - The blessed archer on the mount of Uhud, defending RasulAllah with just another companion when there is no body else and Allah granted him success, alhamdulillah. For him that day RasulAllah (SAW) said fidaka abi wa yummi, which literally means may my father and mother be sacrificed for you but the arabs used it not in a literal sense but to show respect. Point to note, that is a common phrase the companions used to say to RasulAllah not the other way around- infact he might be the only 1 out of 2 that RasulAllah (SAS) might have said that to.
          - He was one of the army generals due to his skills. In the battle against the Persian empire the muslim army was being massacred by the tactics the persians used through the elephants. Through Saad's advice everyone aimed at the elephants eyes to bring down the massive beasts that the arabs at that time were not used to fighting against and that brought them success by the will of Allah (SWT). It lead to the entrance to the Persian empire to the best of my knowledge and all that is to the east of Saudi Arabia of the muslim lands as we know today.
          - It was said that whenever he made a dua Allah (SWT) granted it so. One day he found a man slandering two of the companions of the Prophet (SAS) so Saad asked him not to engage in that. The man challenged him. Saad made a dua. Very soon the man was struck by it and died.

Another example and perhaps an even bigger one, regarding prophet Ibrahim (AS)

- Did prophet Ibrahim's father help him when he was thrown into the fire? Nope
          - How sad must he have been when he dreamt of slaughtering his child
          - How sad must he have been when he left his child Ishmael (AS) along with his mother in the middle of desert only leaving them to be guided by Allah for food and safety and anything else required to survive

Guess how he was rewarded by Allah- u will almost notice the exact opposite by which he was threatened with

- He became the father of all believers
          - The son he was going to slaughter, Ishamel ,was going to have the final prophet RasulAllah (SAS) from his progeny, surrounded by the best generation ever to tread the earth also from his progeny (3:110)
          - Where he left his son in the middle of the desert was eventually going to be safa marwa and the house of Allah was to be a meeting point for every muslim.

You need to find strength in what motivates you and ignore what brings you down. No matter what challenges the world throws at your rest assured Allah (SWS) the Owner of the east and the west and everything in between will compensate and reward you for it and strive to do good only. Allah (SWT) only wants the best for you. Shaitan might also try to make u more depressed when you are in an already depressed state as Qur'an states" The evil one threatens you with proverty and bids you to conduct unseemly and Allah promiseth you His forgiveness and bounties....(2:268). I understand that poverty here just does not apply to financial difficulties but in other aspects of life as well. And similarly Allah (SWT) bounties can come at any time. What do you think of listening to some recitations of Qur'an when all else fails and you are stuck in your room, too depressed to even face what lies outside the door. Do you have any favorite surahs?

Cheers and have a great day ahead.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................
          New in the forum btw. I apologize in advance If I havnt followed any protocols of posting etc.

-

Comment

If I might add, if you read up the life of RasuAllah (SAS) when his own blood uncle Abu Lahab refused to grant him protection in Makkah he was forced to find another place to live. He went to Taif a neighboring city. They treated him horrendously. I have heard there are not many narrations about him because there was no one with him except his his formerly adopted son that he later freed. When Ayesha (RA) was asked what was the most difficult time in your life she said battle of Uhud but RasulAllah (SWS) said Taif. To add more to the trauma this followed right after both his uncle died who had been giving him support till now and his wife too. So you can see trials after trials. How does Allah (SWT) rewards him - first Christians from the house of the leaders of the enemy joined him, then did the jinns (46:29 onwards and surah Jinn) and also the the ansar from the Medinah came forward voluntarily to host RasulAllah (SAS) and be his protector, whose leader was Saad Ibn Muadh. When Saad died the throne of Allah shook according to authentic hadith. Lesson being- when Allah opens up his doors to mercy and bounty it flows from everywhere and from places you do cannot even imagine of.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X