Dua request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dua request

I am being emotionally forced into an arranged marriage by my parents. This process has been going on 2 years now and my duas have pushed it this far. Over the last two years I have tried day and night to either make it work, and whenever I couldnt stand him anymore, to make my parents understand this isn’t what I want. He wants the benefits of having me as a wife, but none of the responsibilities that come with marriage. Every istikhara I have done has resulted in awful gut feelings, even nightmares about the nikkah a few times. My parents are not budging and neither is he. I am not finally dependent either and don’t have the option of moving out to prove my point. The wedding date has officially been set a month from now since Covid restrictions have been lifted. Please pray for a peaceful end to this situation very very soon, before the nikkah. JazakAllah!

Originally posted by Duarequesturgent View Post
    I am being emotionally forced into an arranged marriage by my parents. This process has been going on 2 years now and my duas have pushed it this far. Over the last two years I have tried day and night to either make it work, and whenever I couldnt stand him anymore, to make my parents understand this isn’t what I want. He wants the benefits of having me as a wife, but none of the responsibilities that come with marriage. Every istikhara I have done has resulted in awful gut feelings, even nightmares about the nikkah a few times. My parents are not budging and neither is he. I am not finally dependent either and don’t have the option of moving out to prove my point. The wedding date has officially been set a month from now since Covid restrictions have been lifted. Please pray for a peaceful end to this situation very very soon, before the nikkah. JazakAllah!
    Assalaamu Alaikum, May Allah make it easy for you and others in your situation. Ameen.

It is very unfortunate that many Muslim women are still being coerced into forced Marriages in this day and age especially in the West. However it is hoped that this backward cultural practice amongst others, which is totally contrary to Islamic beliefs and principles, is fading out as the newer generations grow up here.

Please do not think that you cannot do anything about it. No one has the right to force you into a Marriage that you do not want to go forward with. Contact a Muslim Women's support network for help and advice. If you are from the UK then contact the Muslim Women's Support Network:

https://www.mwnuk.co.uk/
    10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192926
    Forty Good Deeds to do Everyday!
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230798

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X