Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father that has gone astray ...

Wa’assalamu Alaiykum

I am a 13-year-old Muslim who is caught up in quite a situation. My parents are both Muslim but the paths they took are different. My mother chose to embrace her Islamic life and lives for Allah. My father has gone astray and has chosen to listen to the atheists.
    I naturally have an extreme interest in my beautiful religion and have been going to the same 2 Masjid for the past 7 years. I haven’t been there in a while, but that will change soon and I will go back.
    Previously, my father was not a big Muslim, but he still acknowledged it in his life. Now, he believes that religion is a wedge that has driven humanity apart. In reality, Islam would bring us all together had nobody gone astray. My father is a diagnosed psychopath and has coupled paranoia, and I am afraid to perform Salat or read the Quran when he is home, which is most of the time. My mother encourages these practices (as she should) but I fear my father. He tries to control us, capture us in our (very small) home. We cannot leave him as we would be in a deep financial crisis. I am eligible for low income and despite my father having an abundance in savings, he does not spend a penny on me or my mother. He distrusts everyone but himself— a narcissist.

Obviously, the right thing to do is to choose Allah. And I do. I try my best to pray, read the Quran, recite prayer when my father is not home. But he picks the lock and I must act as if I was not doing such things. I am ashamed of who I have to live with (him) and I wish that he was as engrossed in Islam as the rest of us. I know I have nothing to be afraid of. I hold Allah deep in my heart and know I can always rely on Him. Salat times do not interfere, but my father does. He calls us stupid and other names for choosing the right way. I hope we may leave him soon and that our money troubles pass.

Any advice on how I can deal with this?
    Thank you everyone , Allah will bless us all and help me find a way Insha’Allaah.

No need to despair when you are following the golden precepts of Islam Remember:.nothing is the same for ever ,especially difficult times. When eventually ,Allah shows the way and brings solutions,it will be so wonderful that you will not know how to thank Him.

Comment

Originally posted by quranicathlete727 View Post
      Wa’assalamu Alaiykum

I am a 13-year-old Muslim who is caught up in quite a situation. My parents are both Muslim but the paths they took are different. My mother chose to embrace her Islamic life and lives for Allah. My father has gone astray and has chosen to listen to the atheists.
      I naturally have an extreme interest in my beautiful religion and have been going to the same 2 Masjid for the past 7 years. I haven’t been there in a while, but that will change soon and I will go back.
      Previously, my father was not a big Muslim, but he still acknowledged it in his life. Now, he believes that religion is a wedge that has driven humanity apart. In reality, Islam would bring us all together had nobody gone astray. My father is a diagnosed psychopath and has coupled paranoia, and I am afraid to perform Salat or read the Quran when he is home, which is most of the time. My mother encourages these practices (as she should) but I fear my father. He tries to control us, capture us in our (very small) home. We cannot leave him as we would be in a deep financial crisis. I am eligible for low income and despite my father having an abundance in savings, he does not spend a penny on me or my mother. He distrusts everyone but himself— a narcissist.

Obviously, the right thing to do is to choose Allah. And I do. I try my best to pray, read the Quran, recite prayer when my father is not home. But he picks the lock and I must act as if I was not doing such things. I am ashamed of who I have to live with (him) and I wish that he was as engrossed in Islam as the rest of us. I know I have nothing to be afraid of. I hold Allah deep in my heart and know I can always rely on Him. Salat times do not interfere, but my father does. He calls us stupid and other names for choosing the right way. I hope we may leave him soon and that our money troubles pass.

Any advice on how I can deal with this?
      Thank you everyone , Allah will bless us all and help me find a way Insha’Allaah.
      Wa'alaykumasalaam

Is he an atheist now too? Cos if has abandoned Islam then your parents marriage is void. Do you have any aunts and uncles and grandparents that you and your mother can go to?

Comment

Nikah bound your parents in a proper ,religious marriage.Along the way,your father's mind has run topsy turvy as regards Islam.By Allah's Will,this is going to turn out to be temporary as your Islamic culture will bring him back to the fold.Islam has given you the strength to stay in the field :there is no need to seek shelter elsewhere as you may become a burden to others.

Comment

Working...
        X