a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question

would you find it odd if your spouse though that real happiness was not in being intimate and spending time together but in wordily possessions and in building a life having a house etc or is that normal

i mean at the end of the day we are nothing without money. it just does not sound kind when someone says it out loud like that or else we all know that there is no real love in this world?

aquestion*

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Originally posted by auser View Post
      would you find it odd if your spouse though that real happiness was not in being intimate and spending time together but in wordily possessions and in building a life having a house etc or is that normal

i mean at the end of the day we are nothing without money. it just does not sound kind when someone says it out loud like that or else we all know that there is no real love in this world?

Assalamu Alaikum,

When the love of materialism and worldly life takes over our hearts then we feel as if it is that which will bring us happiness. But know that this is the deceptive nature and illusion of worldly life. This is never meant to be our permanent home. This is just a transitionary journey to our eternal home in the Hereafter. So to be honest it is quite a worrying thing to say because it shows that one puts the love of materialism above what really matters most. Therefore I would urge you both to consistently read and watch lectures on death and the Hereafter so that true reality hits our hearts and overcomes the false illusion and deceptive love of this world. Knowledge is one of the most important things that will help us overcome the love of this world as it brings clarity to our hearts of the true nature of this temporary existence and that soon our journey will end and we will have to face the consequences of our actions. We will have to answer for whatever we out forth whether good or bad. If we put forward more evil and sin then it will be a very difficult situation for us whereby it is not even worth contemplating. We think we have problems in this world but if we're having problems in the Hereafter then believe me that would be the biggest problem we will ever face for eternity.

It reminds me of the story of Qarun who was given immense and unimaginable amounts of wealth and when the people saw his wealth that he flaunted they were astounded and said "If only we had such wealth". But then Allah showed them the demise of Qarun for he became arrogant that the wealth he was given was his own achievement and he used to arrogantly flaunt his wealth so others can be in awe of him. But do we not see that the most unhappiest people are those who have been given wealth and fame. They fill the rehabilitation centres and are depressed and lonely because they only have friends and acquaintances who want to use them. They waste their money by excess and extravagance. They spend it on substance abuse. You will see on the media regularly that the rich and famous are committing suicide or attempt to take their lives. They live in huge homes with the best furniture and cars but they are still not content. This is because materialism does not bring contentment or happiness because no matter how much a person has they will always want more. In fact the more wealth a person has the more they will be questioned and interrogated as to how they spent the wealth. That is not to say that it is a bad thing to have wealth and material goods. But we must never allow materialism to enter our hearts but we must keep it in our hands
      Only the love and remembrance of Allah must be allowed to grow and flower in our hearts. The best of people are those who have wealth and spend it night and day in pleasing Allah.

So we must wake up and realise that our life can end at any second and that our possessions will not go with us nor will our wealth. It will be passed on and we will be forgotten about. But those of us who prioritised the Hereafter and invested smartly on that which lasts forever will be the successful ones.

May Allah give us success in this world and the next. Ameen
      10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)
      http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192926
      Forty Good Deeds to do Everyday!
      http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230798

Comment

Sounds perfectly normal to me .lol

Comment

Working...
        X