Sleep and worship problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep and worship problem

A brother having trouble praying isha and fajr salah due to his sleep.
    He used to have difficulty falling sleep and waking up early in morning. Now he has opposite problem, he can't keep himself stay wake for isha salah, where he lives isha time starts around 10:30pm.
    If he force himself to pray isha salah even though his very sleepy, he just can't do it he falls asleep during salah or he makes too many mistakes. He also have problem praying fajr salah, he uses alarm to wake him up but when alarm starts he turns it off and goes to sleep or if he wakes up his too sleepy to pray fajr.
    Any suggestions or advise how this brother can solve this issue so he can pray his isha and fajr salah?

Coffee for isha. fajr is a bit harder but you have to train yourself make heaps of dua and I don't mean once or twice halfheartedly but heaps of dua for help praying fajr

You have to have a priority check how important are they for you
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Try and get a nap during the day time so you are not so tired and sleepy at Isha.

Don't eat too late either as that sometimes makes you sleepy too.

Is there a masjid near you. Go there slighlty early for Isha and read some Quran whilst waiting for the prayer to begin.

As for Fajr, have more than 1 alarm. Also don't place the alarm near you that you don't have to get out of bed to switch it off. Place it further away and make sure it is loud enough for you to hear so that the only way to switch it off is by having to get up. Someone told me about some app for alarms that it only goes off if you answer a question. Or try using the Azan sound as an alarm.

Also as soon as you wake up at Fajr seek refuge from shaytan.

Try and keep in mind death can come anytime and that maybe your last oppurtunity to offer salah.

Like brother said above, make plenty of dua.

Comment

The brother needs to get to the underlying cause of his fatigue. How is his diet like? Is he under stress? Is he doing strenuous activities throughout the day? Does he have other symptoms as well as inability to stay awake such as general fatigue/aching pains etc?

It may be that the brother is lacking some vitamins so it may be worthwhile taking some supplements.

My advice for the brother would be that after Maghreb recite Qur’aan, do dhikr & maybe have a cool shower to freshen up & then pray isha. The time between Maghreb and isha is not that long.

if the brother goes to sleep immediately after isha then he should have sufficient sleep to enable him to wake up for fajr. He needs to sleep every night with the firm intention to wake up for fajr. You say he switches his alarm off, so in this situation I would advise him to keep his alarm on the other side of the room, so that he needs to walk to switch it off. By the time he walks to it, he will feel guilty jumping back into bed without praying fajr

I also want to empathise the importance of the daily adkhaar. When the brother Insha Allah wakes up for fajr, tell him to do his daily adhkaar and tell him to do these again after asr prayers.

Lastly, i would advise the brother to do ruqya on himself.
        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Abu Mus'ab are there any concessions here that could let him join maghrib and isha?
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you everyone for your good advise.

Comment

Keep your alarm far from you ...on the other side of the room so that you have to physically get up to turn it off.

Comment

Not saying that this is the case with the brother, who may be suffering from lack of vitamins, underlying illness etc., but this situation reminds us of the need to prioritise salah above all else. We must of course organise our lives around the 5 x daily fardh salah and so nothing should ever be allowed to come in their way and make us late or not concentrate. If my kids say they are sleepy then i will reprimand them, just as the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam has taught us, to remind them of the consequences of not completing their salah on time. This is an important lesson on the road to complete submission to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa. Feeling sleepy is not usually a valid excuse for not completing salah and suggests that the Shaytaan may be near.
                Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Ok
                  Last edited by ThisIsJannah; 06-10-19, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post
                    Ok could someone answer this question, someone told me he heard in his sleep or just before waking up he heard a voice saying "you'll receive highest Jannah", should that person take it as a face value? or a jinn probably messing around with him?
                    Which side did the voice come from, left or right? Did you feel peaceful and happy upon hearing the voice? Whats your gut feeling about it?

salaam
                    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

ThisIsJannah this reminds me of the time where this voice, with images of old men came up as I woke, saying "she has put her trust in her Lord" when I first tried out tawakkul. But someone said that old men visions are to do with jinns.

Comment

Last edited by ThisIsJannah; 06-10-19, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post

Assalaam alaikum sister, hope your well, let me tell you more about it, when he heard the voice he instantly got astonish and started crying in his dream or sleep, as he was waking up he was crying and tears on his face, that morning he cried for a few hours even when he went out to do shopping or something so it effected him greatly.
                          He was shocked, emotional and excited because he really want to enter Jannah. His gut feeling tells him it's not a jinn because it has effected him so much.
                          It could be true, but Allahu 'Alam. Maybe they should continue to ask Allah for Jannah with passion in sha Allah

Comment

Working...
                          X