Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling low...

Salam everyone,

I hope you're all having an amazing day.

I wanted to share something with you guys recently, I don't know what has happened to me lately, I've been feeling really....low and apathetic (not too sure how deep that word explains things) but it's a sort of feeling where you feel like nothing matters anymore. Even getting up and doing basic household things just feels useless and meaningless. It's a really really strange feeling that I probably have only felt once before in my life when I was about 18 and going through mayhem at home.

But right now, alhamdulilah, everything always works out for me in the best of ways. Truly, it does. I just don't know why I feel this way lately. It's been like this for about the last 2 months. I feel like I'm just sort of traversing through life, day by day. I'm doing things and I have aspirations and achievements I'm working towards, I know that. But at the same time, I just feel really really really low.

I'm not sure if it's some vitamin D deficiency as I got like this before when I had low Vit D but I take it on and off now. I don't know if anyone can relate, it's like I feel like this heaviness right ontop of my head and I can think positive happy thoughts but then after a while, that cloud over my head returns.

Is this depression? Is this what depression feels like? I sometimes get weird thoughts like about death, and what it feels like to be dead but it's so morbid, and
    so......different to my normal crazy, happy, positive self.

I feel broken.... its really weird. Looking back, I'll read this another day and think what on earth was going on in my mind at the time, because it's so unlike me.

Your comments will be much appreciated :)

I have been in this exact same situation before. I am a very positive and happy person like you said about yourself. I had Vitamin D deficiency too so you have to check if it is low again. Try to keep yourself as busy as possible. Change your routine. You have to do something new , it will help you a lot believe me. 
    I will keep you in my Dua in shaa allah. If you need any help or you need to talk more about it PM me. 

Comment

Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him): “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.”
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
      ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
        Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him): “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.”

Thank you for the kind words :)

I actually think it is related to a Vitamin D deficiency, I will start taking my Vitamin D liquid more daily now, rather than on and off. Thing is I am mostly in the house, so I do never get any sun, so I'm pretty sure it's something related to it. It's a really weird feeling, because as someone who is always so motivated, and has that 'Get up and get things done' attitude, I can feel the weight of the feeling even more on my productivity during the day.

Today I took my Vitamin D supplement - a little more than I normally take, although I'll be careful because Vitamin D is stored in the body and not excreted so you can get an over-accumulation if you take too much. I already feel better alhamdulilah :)
        Last edited by UmmAbdulMalik; 16-06-19, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post

Thank you for the kind words :)

I actually think it is related to a Vitamin D deficiency, I will start taking my Vitamin D liquid more daily now, rather than on and off. Thing is I am mostly in the house, so I do never get any sun, so I'm pretty sure it's something related to it. It's a really weird feeling, because as someone who is always so motivated, and has that 'Get up and get things done' attitude, I can feel the weight of the feeling even more on my productivity during the day.

Today I took my Vitamin D supplement - a little more than I normally take, although I'll be careful because Vitamin D is stored in the body and not excreted so you can get an over-accumulation if you take too much. I already feel better alhamdulilah :)
          Try do something for your hereafter each day, read some Quran listen to a lecture etc. That way when you feel low you can challenge it and have that hope that even though you feel low now you've been working towards something beautiful in jannah

That's what I try do when I get down anyway

May Allah make things easy for you and help you smile
          Last edited by eesa the kiwi; 17-06-19, 04:27 AM.
          The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
          ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Warning

Please be advised that the use of the word "hun" and similar terms for the opposite gender and "liking" posts that contain such offences is strictly prohibited as enforced by RAS.

We highly recommend that words of this like are edited out from your posts to avoid prosecution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

RAS

Comment

Last edited by MyUsernameIs...; 16-06-19, 09:05 AM. Reason: Unnecessary post

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
                Yes. You did well to edit it.

We don't want to interfere with RAS operations here.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
                  Warning

Please be advised that the use of the word "hun" and similar terms for the opposite gender and "liking" posts that contain such offences is strictly prohibited as enforced by RAS.

We highly recommend that words of this like are edited out from your posts to avoid prosecution.

RAS
                  Lol woaaaah

All respect to your authority here, but what on earth is RAS Operations?
                  I'm an old member here, and well these kind of regulations were never imposed back then.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post

Lol woaaaah

All respect to your authority here, but what on earth is RAS Operations?
                    I'm an old member here, and well these kind of regulations were never imposed back then.
                    RAS stands for Redzone Alert Squad, an authority that governs the forum to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and modesty between members.

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

if you have low vitamin d levels, rather than taking artificial vitamin d capsules try and source pure authentic cod liver oil (has High levels of vitamin d) on Amazon one of the best ones is called rositas cod liver oil - pricy but worth it, Insha Allah

with regard to feeling down, try and get some fresh air every day, do exercise & try and keep in the company of good people. Don’t forget to eat well as well as what we fuel our bodies with can have a direct impact on our wellbeing. Limit caffeine and fizzy drinks.

in terms of spiritual advice, verily in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest. When I am feeling down, I turn back to Allah in sincere repentance & humble myself in front of Him knowing that hardships and hard times have an end whose time is only known by Allah. Focus on your prayers wallah it will really help. If you’re praying the fardh then add the sunnahs and if you’re praying the sunnahs then add the nawaafil

its very important that you keep up with your daily adhkaar. At fajr time you should do your morning duas and at Asr time you should do the evening duas

may allah ease your affairs

https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                        Assalamu alaykum

if you have low vitamin d levels, rather than taking artificial vitamin d capsules try and source pure authentic cod liver oil (has High levels of vitamin d) on Amazon one of the best ones is called rositas cod liver oil - pricy but worth it, Insha Allah

with regard to feeling down, try and get some fresh air every day, do exercise & try and keep in the company of good people. Don’t forget to eat well as well as what we fuel our bodies with can have a direct impact on our wellbeing. Limit caffeine and fizzy drinks.

in terms of spiritual advice, verily in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest. When I am feeling down, I turn back to Allah in sincere repentance & humble myself in front of Him knowing that hardships and hard times have an end whose time is only known by Allah. Focus on your prayers wallah it will really help. If you’re praying the fardh then add the sunnahs and if you’re praying the sunnahs then add the nawaafil

its very important that you keep up with your daily adhkaar. At fajr time you should do your morning duas and at Asr time you should do the evening duas

may allah ease your affairs
                        What is the difference between sunnah and nafaawil sis?
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

What is the difference between sunnah and nafaawil sis?
                          The sunnah and nawaafil prayers are similar in that they are both encouraged in Islam without being obligatory. The sunnah would refer to prayers which the prophet pbuh did regularly (such as the 2 sunnahs before fajr, the 4 sunnahs before Dhuhr etc) and the nawaafil would refer to prayers that the prophet pbuh did at times and didn’t do at times such as the tahajjud prayers. Allah knows best, if someone has a better understanding please share
                          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

The sunnah and nawaafil prayers are similar in that they are both encouraged in Islam without being obligatory. The sunnah would refer to prayers which the prophet pbuh did regularly (such as the 2 sunnahs before fajr, the 4 sunnahs before Dhuhr etc) and the nawaafil would refer to prayers that the prophet pbuh did at times and didn’t do at times such as the tahajjud prayers. Allah knows best, if someone has a better understanding please share
                            Jazakallah Khair for this post sister.
                            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
                              Warning

RAS
                              Ho una domanda.

What if the Muslim man’s name is Hanzalah for example and the Muslim woman calls him “Haan” (which sounds like hun) for short, will she be prosecuted then? 

Comment

Working...
                              X