Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embrace your weirdness. Whatever it is.

If you act all confident then over time, people will accept it.¬*

If you act like a quiet mouse, then chances are people will walk all over you and mock you for your flaws.¬*

¬*

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

Memorize the Quran and become successful.
      this.

you are so right -- i feel like im going through a time in my life where im really straying away. i am not taking Salah seriously at all & do nothing islamic in my life whatsoever. i think the lack of motivation is coming from years of severe anxiety & social "weirdness" that has caused me to feel like Allah hates me. i guess cuz i used to pray & do all those things and still my mental health plummeted and seemed to get worse by the day. it continues to get worse and i have no idea how to cure it.

my own family treats me abnormal.
      Last edited by muslimgirl13; 05-09-19, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimgirl13 View Post

this.

you are so right -- i feel like im going through a time in my life where im really straying away. i am not taking Salah seriously at all & do nothing islamic in my life whatsoever. i think the lack of motivation is coming from years of severe anxiety & social "weirdness" that has caused me to feel like Allah hates me. i guess cuz i used to pray & do all those things and still my mental health plummeted and seemed to get worse by the day. it continues to get worse and i have no idea how to cure it.

my own family treats me abnormal.
        It's all good don't worry about it. Just pace yourself and don't give up, inshaAllah. Success lies in the Quran; failure lies in abandoning it.
        Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 05-09-19, 02:34 AM. Reason: Better.

Comment

..i think the lack of motivation is coming from years of severe anxiety & social "weirdness" that has caused me to feel like Allah hates me. i guess cuz i used to pray & do all those things and still my mental health plummeted..
          shaytan is "whispering"
          he tells you that praying, fasting etc. is not making you any better, so Allah is not helping you.

It's a lot of nonsense, of course..
          Allah does not hate anybody .. shaytan hates us all .. he's going to hell since mankind was created.
          Seek refuge in Allah SWT from shaytan

What is the reward of goodness, except goodness?
          He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

shaytan is "whispering"
            he tells you that praying, fasting etc. is not making you any better, so Allah is not helping you.

It's a lot of nonsense, of course..
            Allah does not hate anybody .. shaytan hates us all .. he's going to hell since mankind was created.
            Seek refuge in Allah SWT from shaytan

What is the reward of goodness, except goodness?
            does Allah not hate those who commit major transgressions & have corrupted themselves? People who have committed major sins like Shirk, Zina, etc?

Not trying to challenge or disrespect you in any way brother. I was just wondering because I genuinely thought there are people Allah despises, such as those who are genuinely evil souls and commit evil after evil.

Comment

does Allah not hate those who commit major transgressions & have corrupted themselves? People who have committed major sins like Shirk, Zina, etc?

Not trying to challenge or disrespect you in any way brother. I was just wondering because I genuinely thought there are people Allah despises, such as those who are genuinely evil souls and commit evil after evil.
              Not if they repent, stop all those deeds, believe correctly, and do good deeds afterwards. Remember sister Allah's mercy is sooo vast and that He forgive that murderer from bani israel, and those pagans from this hadith who committed so much shirk and zina.

It doesn't matter that we come from Muslim backgrounds and dont feel the safety of having our slate wiped clean like converts are so blessed with.

All we need to do is change and drop these deeds and focus on improving our relationship with our Creator. Things for you will rapidly change. People who do that, get their bad deeds turned into good deeds, even!

Surah Furqan verse 70:

Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Not if they repent, stop all those deeds, believe correctly, and do good deeds afterwards. Remember sister Allah's mercy is sooo vast and that He forgive that murderer from bani israel, and those pagans from this hadith who committed so much shirk and zina..
                Ma'shAllah .. yes Allah's Mercy is greater than a mother's to her child!

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                It doesn't matter that we come from Muslim backgrounds and dont feel the safety of having our slate wiped clean like converts are so blessed with..
                That slate soon gets tarnished, unfortunately
                We all have the chance to do good deeds of some kind .. and an acceptable Hajj wipes the slate clean too.
                He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

Another day in the life of muslimgirl13 & her social awkwardness....

i went to my female cousin's room (she's a few years older than me), and gave her a long, tight hug. I sighed and said, "I've been craving physical attention".

*long, uncomfortable pause*

"what...?" she said

"huh?" i was confused.

"that sounded sexual." she looked a little awkward.

((i apologized profusely and left the room. my sister was in the doorway, apparently having seen and heard all of this and was like, Yeah that was weird...))

now please excuse me while i go hide under a rock. ugh.

Comment

Working...
                  X