Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruling for people that makes a certain things a must for himself ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruling for people that makes a certain things a must for himself ?

I've read somewhere that making something as a 'wajib' things to do when Allah didn't ask you to do it is wrong and I'm not sure if it's a big sin ? For example, someone wants to change his life for the better, so he makes a commitment that he MUST do certain things everyday in order to achieve his goal and improve his life. For example :

1. I must exercise 3 times a week.
    2. I must read a book 1 hour per day.
    3. I must spent 2 hours learning a new language everyday.

Does making a certain thing a MUST do thing for himself wrong ? Is there a difference between MUST and WAJIB? I've read somewhere that making something 'wajib' unto oneself when Allah didn't ask you to do it is wrong.
    Brothers and sisters, please help to clarify this for me. I'm anxious and worried when I think about this and it really affect my motivation to do things

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by jabri93 View Post

That means, if I am determined to do something and considered something as something that I must do every single day in order to achieve something, that is not wrong yeah brother? Otherwise, how could one achieve his/her goal without being determined to do something ?
    So, in my case, there's nothing wrong with it right brother ?
    im not sure

Leave a comment:

• jabri93
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Assalaamu alaikum,

What did you do for it to become wajib for you, an oath?
    If I write on a piece of paper, 'in order to achieve my dream in 2019, I MUST :
    1. Spent time learning new language 1 hour everyday
    2. Take action 2 hours everyday
    3. Read book 1 hour everyday'

Is this considered as a vow or is this is just a determination or niat or planning?
    Last edited by jabri93; 17-02-19, 02:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jabri93
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    must means u have to do something

waajib means its obligatory upon you by Allah and if you dont you will be sinful

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa...n/answers/2587
    That means, if I am determined to do something and considered something as something that I must do every single day in order to achieve something, that is not wrong yeah brother? Otherwise, how could one achieve his/her goal without being determined to do something ?
    So, in my case, there's nothing wrong with it right brother ?

Leave a comment:

• jabri93
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Assalaamu alaikum,

Wasalam, I just do like what I've written above. If I just said the words above and be determined about it without having any intention to make it an oath or vow. That does not considered as an oath isn't it ? And making something as a must do things for oneself in order to achieve his dream, just to motivate himself, there's nothing wrong with it. Am I correct sister?
    Last edited by jabri93; 17-02-19, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    must means u have to do something

waajib means its obligatory upon you by Allah and if you dont you will be sinful

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa...n/answers/2587

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Assalaamu alaikum,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X