Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the word 'pillars', pillars of Islam ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the word 'pillars', pillars of Islam ?

Salam brothers and sisters, I want to ask if the use of pillars in this text is allowed ? I know pillar means something like a pole, post, or a vertical object/steel/metal. While reading, I just have come to know that the word 'pillars' is used in descrbing the '5 pillars of Islam'. Now, I am becoming confuse, waswas if I use the word 'pillar' in another context. Is this allowed ? Here is the text :

"Besides that, the initiative of the Taiwanese Government to promote advanced manufacturing is a very encouraging news especially since three of the five ‘pillar industries’ that has been announced by the government as part of their “5+2 Major Innovative Industries” policy lies in my interest of research area.The five ‘pillar industries’ includes smart machinery, biomedical, Internet of Things(IoT), green energy and defense." .

Anyone, please don't laugh at me and I know my question sounds stupid really. But lately, I feel puzzled, it seems like I can't form my own opinion and I keep asking people their opinion so as to ease or relief yhe uneasiness in my heart. So brothers and sisters, please help, clarify if I am allowed to use the word 'pillar' in this text ?

It is permissible. The word "pillars" is not used exclusively in Islam and is a general term used in everyday language.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Thank you brother !

Comment

You should ask a qualified scholar.

Comment

Working...
        X