Punishment for lashes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punishment for lashes?

I know there's no right or wrong answer to most of the questions that are posted here, but it's nice to get opinions.

What if someone has committed fornication, zina before marriage that is, and then they repent for what they've done. It sometimes doesn't feel like it's enough, because the level of sin is horrible to recollect and it's hard to forget what you've done and the number of people you've done it with. The punishment is 100 lashes for zina. If the guilt is too much to bear, should a person seek out the physical punishment in order to feel cleansed of the sins? If yes, is it even possible in the 21st century for a person to be able to seek out such a punishment?

No there is no point hurting yourself for past sins. Unfortunately, we don't live under shariah where the khilafah or his governor would implement the hudud for fornication. Make tawbah to Allah and never do it again and don't dwell on it.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Jazakallah for the response brother. I definitely don't mean to involve myself in self-harm, that's another sin best left in the past. I was thinking something like travelling to a place where shariah law is implemented and facing punishment there. I would rather face the physical punishment here in this life than have the doubt that I may be punished in Akhirah or Allah may be displeased with me.... :/

Comment

its just sad .. when i see such posts because so many people have done this evil .. its not you who are hated in Islam - its the act .. so please dont ruin your life any further and try to do TAUBA . .

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post
          Jazakallah for the response brother. I definitely don't mean to involve myself in self-harm, that's another sin best left in the past. I was thinking something like travelling to a place where shariah law is implemented and facing punishment there. I would rather face the physical punishment here in this life than have the doubt that I may be punished in Akhirah or Allah may be displeased with me.... :/
          idk.. i think you should keep doing TAUBA .. to protect you from punishment .. INSHALLAH ALLAH SWT WILL SAVE YOU

Comment

I dont think forgiveness lies in the punishment, it lies in you asking for forgiveness. And surely Allah will forgive you if you ask Him.
            Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

I know there's no right or wrong answer to most of the questions that are posted here, but it's nice to get opinions.

What if someone has committed fornication, zina before marriage that is, and then they repent for what they've done. It sometimes doesn't feel like it's enough, because the level of sin is horrible to recollect and it's hard to forget what you've done and the number of people you've done it with. The punishment is 100 lashes for zina. If the guilt is too much to bear, should a person seek out the physical punishment in order to feel cleansed of the sins? If yes, is it even possible in the 21st century for a person to be able to seek out such a punishment?
              100 lashes are for Fornicators, for Adulterers its stoning to death.
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

100 lashes are for Fornicators, for Adulterers its stoning to death.
                Thank you for your reply, but it's obvious that that information is already known. Anyhow the information you gave was not even requested, so......

Comment

Thank you for your reply, but it's obvious that that information is already known. Anyhow the information you gave was not even requested, so......
                  You posted the Punishment for Zina is 100 lashes, Zina includes both, posted it for your information in case you didn't know.

I don't see why you have to behave like an arrogant little kid.
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

You posted the Punishment for Zina is 100 lashes, Zina includes both, posted it for your information in case you didn't know.

Because you behave like an arrogant father, full of pride and self-righteousness. Your kids must detest you. Don't be confused why they do, use your "common sense"

Comment

Read the first line genius, I specified that I was talking about fornication in zina. Cant you see the words in the first line, the first sentence? Is your "common sense" so bad that it's affecting your memory? cant remember the first line by the time you reach the last line? Sigh. You're getting too old Raziel

Comment

ik im weeks late, but i came across this post and it made me sad. OP, its quite obvious you really regret what you did. please dont torture yourself further, the physical punishment is not a necessity if your tawbah is so sincere which i can tell you already feel badly for. best of luck and make sure not to expose yourslef

Comment

Have you thought about making an intention to go umrah or Hajj? Even if you are not financially ready, always have a sincere intention because that can make anything possible.

It could help you to feel purified and put the past behind by starting fresh and making sure you never go back to those sins.

It's always a good thing to feel regret for our sins, it acts as a reminder so that we continue asking Allah for mercy and forgiveness.

Focus on all the positive things you can do instead of distracting yourself on the past.

Be humble, kind, be good to everyone whatever they're age, give charity etc. Do everything that pleases Allah subhana wata ala.

Just strive to please Allah the Almighty.
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” [al-Zumar 39:53]. And He says (interpretation of the meaning): “… and My Mercy embraces all things…” [al-A’raaf 7:156]

Those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. [Surah Furqan 25:70)

It was reported from Abu Moosa that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah spreads out His hand at night to accept the repentance of those who committed sins during the day, and He spreads out His hand during the day to accept the repentance of those who committed sins during the night. (He will continue to do this) until the sun rises from the West.”

Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah will be forgiven except those who sin openly. It is a part of sinning openly when a man does something at night, then the following morning when Allaah has concealed his sin, he says, ‘O So and so, I did such and such last night,’ when all night his Lord has concealed him and the next morning he uncovers what Allaah had concealed.”
                            (Try not to publicize your sins, it is ok because you didn't know and weren't bragging about them but it is better not to reveal them to others)

In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah has one hundred parts of mercy, of which He sent down one between the jinn, mankind, the animals and the insects, by means of which they are compassionate and merciful to one another, and by means of which wild animals are kind to their offspring. And Allah has kept back ninety-nine parts of mercy with which to be merciful to His slaves of the Day of Resurrection.” (Muslim, al-Tawbah, 6908)

t was narrated that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “Some prisoners were brought to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and there was a woman among the prisoners who was searching (for her child). When she found her child she embraced him and put him to her breast. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to us, ‘Do you think that this woman would throw her child in the fire?’ We said, ‘No, by Allah, not if she is able not to.’ The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ‘Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this woman is to her child.’” (Agreed upon)

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah Almighty said: O son of Adam, if you call upon me and place your hope in me, I will forgive you without hesitation. O son of Adam, if you have sins piling up to the clouds and then ask for my forgiveness, I will forgive you without hesitation. O son of Adam, if you come to me with enough sins to fill the earth and then you meet me without associating anything with me, I will come to you with enough forgiveness to fill the earth.

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 3540

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Make sincere istighfar (try to cry to Allah), and make a firm resolution that you won't go back to the sin. Haste in good deeds and avoid all that leads to fornication. Not only will Allah forgive you, but he may become so pleased with you that he replaces your evil deed with good deeds as I stated above. Ya'sin offered good advice that Umrah and Hajj will help you feel purified of this sin and other sins you have committed in the past. Never lose hope or despair in Allah's mercy as this is a sin in itself and Allah wants his creation to think well of Him.

Comment

Here is istighfar dua/dhikr and it's virtues to help you feel immediately better:

Rasulullah Sallalahu alayhi wa Sallam used to recite :

أستغفرالله ~ Astagfirullah (I seek forgiveness of Allah)

at least 100 times a day.

Hazrat Abdullah bin Abbas
                              Radiyallahu Anhu narrates that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said: “The one who [regularly] says Istighfaar, Allah Azza Wa-Jal will open a path for him from all difficulties, remove him from all sorrow, and grant him sustenance from unimagined and unexpected sources.” ~
                              [Abu Dawud]

…...............................
                              A person who says :

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الْعَظِيمَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْْقَيُّومُ وَ أَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ

“Astaghfirullah al-’Azeem al-lazi la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum wa atubu ilaih ”

[I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy of worship except Him, The Living, The Eternal, and I repent unto Him] … even if he has committed sins as much as the the foam of an ocean, still he will be forgiven.
                              [Abu Dawud- 2:85/ Tirmidhi 5:569

Comment

Working...
                              X