Obsessive worry about committing sihr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obsessive worry about committing sihr

This worry has been with me for many years. I am not sure how to cope with it for much more because I spend hours worrying about it.

It started in the early part of this decade, around 2011, when I started worrying that bad thoughts about other people could harm them in some way. I read about the evil eye and how this can cause harm to other people. I fear that bad thoughts I have about others could harm them.

And I worry that I am doing sihr on people with my thoughts. I tried to find some Islamic sources which would help put my mind at rest, in other words, show me that sihr requires an actual action rather than just thoughts.

And I cannot control my thoughts at all.

I am beginning to lose hope.

Salaam

Put your mind at rest by making istighfar atleast 100 times and more the better every day and make sincere dua to Allah swt regarding this matter.

Recite and listen to surah baqarah every day.

Send salaam upon Muhammad s.a.w and hes family children and companions.

Insha Allah if you follow these easy 3 steps everyday you will see results.

All the best to you.

Peace.
    Believer1984.com Life is about believing. A website on Islam and everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      This worry has been with me for many years. I am not sure how to cope with it for much more because I spend hours worrying about it.

It started in the early part of this decade, around 2011, when I started worrying that bad thoughts about other people could harm them in some way. I read about the evil eye and how this can cause harm to other people. I fear that bad thoughts I have about others could harm them.

And I worry that I am doing sihr on people with my thoughts. I tried to find some Islamic sources which would help put my mind at rest, in other words, show me that sihr requires an actual action rather than just thoughts.

And I cannot control my thoughts at all.

I am beginning to lose hope.
      You can't.

This sounds more like you been OCD about it.

What you are saying honestly doesn't make sense. Its more like you are constantly reinforcing this idea, and getting yourself down.

Evil eye is one thing, bad thoughts are something different. Just so you know, no human being in history has been able to control their thoughts. That's how the brain works. We are judged on what we do, which thoughts we act on. As long as you are being a good human being, you are good. There is nothing in our deen that states we will be judged and punished for our thoughts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X