No announcement yet.

Post whatever you feel like sharing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does my threads keep getting locked?

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    [MENTION=145717]P1RAT3N[/MENTION]

They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, even if he falls short with regard to wealth and compatibility.” He said: “If there comes to you one with whose character and religious commitment you are pleased, then give (your daughter or female relative under your care) to him in marriage” three times. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi. And it is proven in al-Saheehayn

Advise you to read this link...

https://islamqa.info/en/69964

Not following the advice of the Rasul صلى الله عليه و سلم leads to corruption in the Ummah,

See how many Brothers and Sisters are finding it difficult to get married, and even resorting to Evil relationships

:jkk:
    jazakallah kheyr, that's what I was looking for.

Comment

Why does my threads keep getting locked?

Hahaha I remember posting threads like this وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Got my own whatever thread now. Awesome!

Comment

What in the world is going on

Comment

Originally posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
            Got my own whatever thread now. Awesome!
            Why you creating confusion:wacko::rofl1:
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
              Why you creating confusion:wacko::rofl1:
              I didn't. The mods decided to bestow this gift upon me. :rofl1:

Comment

I didn't. The mods decided to bestow this gift upon me. :rofl1:
                So now your thread got linked n joined into this one hahaa
                “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Since there is a lot of talk about locked/moved threads, I’ll speculate on the above. I’m not a moderator here, just someone who has been here some time and observes. What happened with your posts? The first one was a hypothetical or what would you do type of post. The second one was repetitive, and the thought/questions should have been added to an already existing thread by using the search function. Why was the other recent thread by another sister left open and yours weren’t? Her’s included only a rhetorical question and was a general advice thread. That is the difference.

Now, a list of do’s and do not’s simply from my observation;

Do not make hypothetical threads, or what would you do?

Do not create new threads without first searching to see if something similar already exists.

Do not argue with moderators or tag them (use helpdesk). The more you complain, the more attention and issues you bring to yourself via moderation.

Do not create threads or posts that speak too much about personal details of your life.

Do create general advice threads or Islamic posts.

Do stay away from controversial topics as best as possible. Controversial topics are polygamy, virginity, mahr amounts, and sects, among others.

Do behave respectfully toward the moderators. They work for free to keep this place in line so we have somewhere to chat.

Do keep your limits with opposite gender.

Comment

My iman is so low I think I shall retreat to my mancave for a while
                    It all starts with a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
                      Since there is a lot of talk about locked/moved threads, I’ll speculate on the above. I’m not a moderator here, just someone who has been here some time and observes. What happened with your posts? The first one was a hypothetical or what would you do type of post. The second one was repetitive, and the thought/questions should have been added to an already existing thread by using the search function. Why was the other recent thread by another sister left open and yours weren’t? Her’s included only a rhetorical question and was a general advice thread. That is the difference.

Now, a list of do’s and do not’s simply from my observation;

Do not make hypothetical threads, or what would you do?

Do not create new threads without first searching to see if something similar already exists.

Do not argue with moderators or tag them (use helpdesk). The more you complain, the more attention and issues you bring to yourself via moderation.

Do not create threads or posts that speak too much about personal details of your life.

Do create general advice threads or Islamic posts.

Do stay away from controversial topics as best as possible. Controversial topics are polygamy, virginity, mahr amounts, and sects, among others.

Do behave respectfully toward the moderators. They work for free to keep this place in line so we have somewhere to chat.

Do keep your limits with opposite gender.
                      There are several hypothetical and repetitive threads that are still open in the marriage section. This thread, btw, was locked for being pointless, and I got an infraction for it, which is fair enough, but then it was re-opened and the title changed. Did they remove my infraction too? No.

Meanwhile, a thread about which prayer mat to buy is not considered pointless.

These are all further proof that the moderators (or possibly one in particular) are treating their job as a joke, and only locking threads which personally annoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpski View Post
                        My iman is so low I think I shall retreat to my mancave for a while
                        SubhanAllah

May Allah grant you an amazingly amazing Taqwa and Iman and make you sincere and steadfast and firm.

Ameen

Comment

There are several hypothetical and repetitive threads that are still open in the marriage section. This thread, btw, was locked for being pointless, and I got an infraction for it, which is fair enough, but then it was re-opened and the title changed. Did they remove my infraction too? No.

Meanwhile, a thread about which prayer mat to buy is not considered pointless.

These are all further proof that the moderators (or possibly one in particular) are treating their job as a joke, and only locking threads which personally annoy them.
                          I see. I haven’t ever had an issue with a moderator or been banned in all the time I’ve posted here. I don’t make threads, though, and I try to follow the tips listed above. I don’t think a thread about a prayer mat is pointless. I think, again speculating, that you might have posted too many threads since maybe one was blocked, or it was considered pointless because it was hypothetical. Of course not every thread that meets that criteria will be locked since the moderators can’t possibly read everything, especially if it’s not reported. I don’t know. I’m trying to help with the tips and trying to think the best of them (the moderators). There is a whole lot that goes on behind the scenes, too, that could lead to annoyance. I’ll leave it at that.
                          Last edited by Sister_2009; 14-11-17, 04:42 AM.

Comment

I don't know why most of these threads are getting locked, a few years back the same threads weren't locked by mods at that time. So either rules have changed (which they haven't) or mods have changed.
                            I have all respect for the moderators but changing the name of this thread to post whatever you feel like, was not cool.
                            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

I dont see anything wrong in the posts - but lately I have noticed that post have been closed and I myself don't understand why.

Obviously the Mods have a reason here. Question is are those reasons admissible to close a thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X