Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How this section works.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How this section works.

    :salams

    Due to the rise in complaints about threads being closed, we're testing out this new section. This is how it works:

    1. Threads that would have otherwise been closed for whatever shortcomings may end up here (this excludes problematic threads which may either stay locked or just removed).

    2. Posting in here does not increase post count, repping is also disabled.

    3. Threads cannot be created in this section, just moved into it.

    4. It is possible that users who don't confine disruptive posting to this section may end up banished wander aimlessly within the confines of this place for a time!

    Regular forum rules still apply in general however. So for instance no bad language and please be nice to each other.

    Jazaakumullahu khair.
    Last edited by علي; 06-04-17, 08:41 AM.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

    #2
    Re: How this section works.

    Will OP and respondents get notified that a thread has been moved and will the moved thread appear in the "what's New" section?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: How this section works.

      Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
      Will OP and respondents get notified that a thread has been moved and will the moved thread appear in the "what's New" section?
      They should, because the moving of a thread should result in a PM to the author. Then if redirects are used (usually they are), the thread would still be on display in the section it was in but with a link showing it was moved (which will lead whoever is looking to the new location here).
      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

      "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

      Comment


        #4
        Re: How this section works.

        I don't understand what the point is.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

        You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: How this section works.

          Originally posted by علي View Post
          They should, because the moving of a thread should result in a PM to the author. Then if redirects are used (usually they are), the thread would still be on display in the section it was in but with a link showing it was moved (which will lead whoever is looking to the new location here).
          Sounds like a sensible approach. Lets see how it plays out. I'm expecting to see many of my posts in this section...

          Comment


            #6
            Re: How this section works.

            Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            I don't understand what the point is.
            Why?
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

            "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

            Comment


              #7
              Re: How this section works.

              Sounds like a good idea just hope it works as intended - In Sha Allah. :up:
              :salams
              Last edited by Al-Mualim; 04-04-17, 07:36 PM. Reason: Grammar!
              Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: How this section works.

                Originally posted by علي View Post
                :salams

                Due to the rise in complaints about threads being closed, we're testing out this new section. This is how it works:

                1. Threads that would have otherwise been closed for whatever shortcomings may end up here (this excludes problematic threads which may either stay locked or just removed).

                2. Posting in here does not increase post count, repping is also disabled.

                3. Threads cannot be created in this section, just moved into it.

                4. We're not locking threads, but if one of your threads ends up in here and you feel like locking it, you can.

                5. It is possible that users who don't confine disruptive posting to this section may end up banished wander aimlessly within the confines of this place for a time!

                Regular forum rules still apply in general however. So for instance no bad language and please be nice to each other.

                Jazaakumullahu khair.
                Suggestion. Would adding a posting delay make it even better? In the hope that the people getting excited about a certain post lose interest because they can't be bothered to wait an hour for example to post another comment in a thread which ends up in this section?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: How this section works.

                  Non descriptive title. Lock this thread now.
                  They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: How this section works.

                    Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                    Non descriptive title. Lock this thread now.
                    Ah, but I can get away with that in here

                    Although.... my title is descriptive :scratch:
                    Last edited by علي; 04-04-17, 07:41 PM.
                    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: How this section works.

                      Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                      Suggestion. Would adding a posting delay make it even better? In the hope that the people getting excited about a certain post lose interest because they can't be bothered to wait an hour for example to post another comment in a thread which ends up in this section?
                      That's a very interesting suggestion, but doesn't seem feasible technically (unless perhaps a plugin is gotten for it).

                      I would keep it like this for now, since there are quite a few threads that are very social in nature and one response per hour will just make life hard for those people, making it spill onto the main forums again.
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                      "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: How this section works.

                        Originally posted by علي View Post
                        Ah, but I can get away with that in here

                        Although.... my title is descriptive :scratch:
                        ahh damn it, i can't get mad at you Ali.
                        :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove::love::love::love::love::love::love:
                        They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: How this section works.

                          [MENTION=143334]8459[/MENTION] can you move her thread please.
                          Ya Allah,
                          Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                          "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: How this section works.

                            If you're serious about this place, then you should enable reps here and also give us the option to delete posts we dislike in our own threads. That way mods will no longer have to deal with the abuse.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: How this section works.

                              I was going to suggest this a while back as I have seen it on other forums but I didn't know whether it would be appropriate on an Islamic forum.... maybe the threads should disappear after a week since they are neither here nor there...
                              “Whoever wants to purify his heart must prefer Allah over and above his own desires.” .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X