• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How this section works.

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    ASWRWB akhie

I agree with you too

It seems like appeasement to me, and looking at some of the stuff in here better deleted

Personally think the bigger issue is mods, always has been
    hey at least you agree too lol
    Surah Taha, Verse 69:

وَأَلْقِ مَا فِي يَمِينِكَ تَلْقَفْ مَا صَنَعُوا إِنَّمَا صَنَعُوا كَيْدُ سَاحِرٍ وَلَا يُفْلِحُ السَّاحِرُ حَيْثُ أَتَىٰ

"And throw that which is in your right hand! It will swallow up that which they have made. That which they have made is only a magician's trick,
    and the magician will never be successful, no matter whatever amount (of skill) he may attain."

Self Help Ruqya Shari'ah Guide
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Shari-ah-Guide

Practical Self Ruqya
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7492713

Is there such a thing as good magic? by Abu Ibraheem
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...y-Abu-Ibraheem

Don't fear the Jinn - Muhammad Tim Humble
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...mad-Tim-Humble

Exposing Black Magic
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

The History of Black Magic
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=history

Real Magicians And Sorcerers
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-And-Sorcerers

How to destroy a taweez ? Ruqya related questions answered
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...tions-answered

Exposing Taweez...
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...xposing-Taweez

Ruqyah Audio
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...4-Ruqyah-Audio

Sorcerer's Plot | Arabic | English Subtitles | Every Muslim must watch this video
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
      it's taking the mick it seems, intentional or unintentional- it is what it is

i'm not a joke, I don't want to be treated like a joke on a muslim forum and I think other members need to think about this, non members will notice this too

some of us come on here to unwind, to 'chill' away from the formalities of real life (without forgetting we're muslims of course)

so they either make this a srs section for those that wish to be informal or they replace these threads back to their original homes

Or they delete all the threads on here, which would have more people complaining. Either way, it's a lose / lose for the mods.

Comment

We decided to remove the ability to lock threads for users as we felt it was counter productive. It was implemented as an idea, but it has issues, one of which is that it allows users to just monologue in here if they so desired (prior I thought only mods could reply to locked threads myself).

Plus part of the point is that these are the threads that would have otherwise been locked.
        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
          We decided to remove the ability to lock threads for users as we felt it was counter productive. It was implemented as an idea, but it has issues, one of which is that it allows users to just monologue in here if they so desired (prior I thought only mods could reply to locked threads myself).

Plus part of the point is that these are the threads that would have otherwise been locked.
          Loooiol i cant believe someone did that, but why does it bother you
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Loooiol i cant believe someone did that, but why does it bother you
            No sis no one actually did that. I mean we all had a joke with brother Morose, and it's of course not because of that, it's just that in general we thought about it and said it is better left out. Can't think of a good reason to have it, and it does work against the point of this section, more on that in a bit.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

No sis no one actually did that. I mean we all had a joke with brother Morose, and it's of course not because of that, it's just that in general we thought about it and said it is better left out. Can't think of a good reason to have it, and it does work against the point of this section, more on that in a bit.
              So you will close the threads if it runs out of hand
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                it's taking the mick it seems, intentional or unintentional- it is what it is

i'm not a joke, I don't want to be treated like a joke on a muslim forum and I think other members need to think about this, non members will notice this too

some of us come on here to unwind, to 'chill' away from the formalities of real life (without forgetting we're muslims of course)

so they either make this a srs section for those that wish to be informal or they replace these threads back to their original homes
                Well you have to consider exactly what the point of this section is. It is where threads that should have otherwise been closed get to end up. That's not a serious section, it's a sort of limbo for topics that were not bad enough to be deleted or closed permanently, but that do not really add much value to the actual forum either. And that's really what this is all about, raising the standards a bit. People who want to chit chat, talk about any whimsical topic ("What shade of red do you like your tea to be? Please include the hex value."), or just pass time... this sort of thing lowers the standard a bit. Instead of intelligent discussion on topics, where seriousness in general is preferred in Islam and especially in a "mixed" environment like this one, people are using the forum as if it's whatsapp and there are simply better mediums for this sort of thing.

This is the point that Abu 'Abdullaah reiterated so many times before. Topics not adding value to the forum. Maybe "value" to some is the same "value" they get out of playing a video game. Entertainment. But that should not be what comes to mind when we say "An Islamic Forum", it's not a chatroom.

Not only that, but the OP states that in the future instead of banning people who spam/post disruptively despite being asked many times not to, they may just end up limited to only being able to post in this section. What does that say about this section? If for any reason someone is offended at the idea of having anything to do with this section, they should work on raising the bar when it comes to topic creation and posting.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                  So you will close the threads if it runs out of hand
                  Probably not, but if users are going to start bashing each other or doing stuff they shouldn't, like was stated the normal rules apply. Could result in infractions, getting banned from threads where they cause trouble, etc.

Comment

Probably not, but if users are going to start bashing each other or doing stuff they shouldn't, like was stated the normal rules apply. Could result in infractions, getting banned from threads where they cause trouble, etc.
                    Okay thanks :jkk:

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Some semblance of mod power we had, it has been taken away :*-(

Comment

This is the point that Abu 'Abdullaah reiterated so many times before. Topics not adding value to the forum. Maybe "value" to some is the same "value" they get out of playing a video game. Entertainment. But that should not be what comes to mind when we say "An Islamic Forum", it's not a chatroom.

So after his massive 'Soapbox' flop, he wants to now turn the Lounge into that?

Interesting.
                        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                          So after his massive 'Soapbox' flop, he wants to now turn the Lounge into that?

Interesting.
                          The soapbox was an attempt to facilitate some intelligent discussion as the lounge was constantly flooded with chit chat topics one had to wade through before anything could happen. But once Abu Abdullaah became mod, that's no longer necessary.

Comment

Well you have to consider exactly what the point of this section is. It is where threads that should have otherwise been closed get to end up. That's not a serious section, it's a sort of limbo for topics that were not bad enough to be deleted or closed permanently, but that do not really add much value to the actual forum either. And that's really what this is all about, raising the standards a bit. People who want to chit chat, talk about any whimsical topic ("What shade of red do you like your tea to be? Please include the hex value."), or just pass time... this sort of thing lowers the standard a bit. Instead of intelligent discussion on topics, where seriousness in general is preferred in Islam and especially in a "mixed" environment like this one, people are using the forum as if it's whatsapp and there are simply better mediums for this sort of thing.

Not only that, but the OP states that in the future instead of banning people who spam/post disruptively despite being asked many times not to, they may just end up limited to only being able to post in this section. What does that say about this section? If for any reason someone is offended at the idea of having anything to do with this section, they should work on raising the bar when it comes to topic creation and posting.
                            Ok I have always held the belief that the forum is what it is and if you dont like it go elsewhere. Any issues I have had i raised and moved on one way or the other

But the bold bit, you really believe that? Its been a chitchat room for a long time and the mods are often the instigators imo, not all admittedly and i dont want to go into names but it is what it is

As for banning and infractions, Now i dont know about others infractions and bannings etc but from my own experiences its often been about not the islamic perspective but disagreement and power trip

If what you say is correct i can think of a few regular users who do nothing but chit chat etc and are quite popular (probably because they do nothing but chit chat)

Comment

The soapbox was an attempt to facilitate some intelligent discussion as the lounge was constantly flooded with chit chat topics one had to wade through before anything could happen. But once Abu Abdullaah became mod, that's no longer necessary.
                              what did he do?

Comment

Bro we can't all be clever like u ok

also I seen u chit chat
                                ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                                "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                                :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X