X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post

I actually never heard of this village even when you mentioned it on my village thread but I’m looking it up tbh I thought it would have already been over run by settlers. It’s depopulated and just used for farming by settlers. I would ask if you family has any forms or papers even an informal paper that shows that you own any land there? Something saying you bought land there before 1948? If you have those you could go to the Israeli Supreme Court and petition to get your land back. If you don’t than unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. May Allah (swt) curse these Zionists.
    Amen. I doubt we have anything like that tbh. Everything is most likely gone now unfortunately. My grandmas parents were probably the ones who would have them and most of her family has passed away now so I wouldn’t even know who to ask.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

Oil painting is really hard, there's two kind of liquids you use. One is a thinner and one is a to thicken, forgot what they are called but you need to use them sparingly before putting them on canvas. Cuz it's hard to undo them.

I can advise you on acrylic and water colour but oil is a bit tricky for me. Last time I used them was in secondary school
    I do use thinner and stuff. I just get very impatient while learning and want to know easier ways. I am going to watch another class about paint depth in water so I’ll see how it goes.

oil paint is my thing, I find it a lot easier then acrylic. The drying time works better for me. I feel like I’m the only person in the world who likes oil better then acrylic but I’m lazy. I want to know that if I come back to it the next day I will be able to blend it 😂 I also like paintings with mire texture.

And yes please do post some because your kind of art actually sounds very cool!

Leave a comment:

• Abisali
    replied
    Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post

You must not have a Palestinian ID. I only got to go to Masjid Al-Aqsa once when I was newly 16 but still hadn’t gotten my ID. But ever since than I haven’t been able to go back. They even denied my visa to go to the US embassy for an interview I had there so I had to sneak in but I couldn’t visit Masjid Al-Aqsa because I was too scared they would ask for a visa.
    Yea, I don't have the Palestinian ID. I think I was 14 when I went and this was before the second Intifada so I don't remember ever being asked about it. Heck, we were technically living there illegally since our visas were long expired, it's a blessing we were never asked for identification. May Allah open up a path to Masjid Al-Aqsa for you. I don't remember it much since I was young and didn't really appreciate it at the time, but I do remember feeling the history in the buildings.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied
    Originally posted by imran1976 View Post
    Abu 'Abdullaah
    which character do you like from Addams family series?
    Never watched it.

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

It brings me a lot of peace to know that they will spend an eternity burning in hell.

Any time people ask me where I'm from in Palestine they are always so confused because they have never heard of Al-Damun before and I have no way to even explain it to them because I have no idea. I wouldn't mind visiting Palestine but all of my relatives fled and I'm not sure if you can go to my town freely. I also heard there are only certain times that you can enter and exit. I'm not sure.

I once stuck my finger into Palestine from a fence that separated it from Lebenon but that's about it. Maybe one day I'll manage to put my whole body in there inshallah.
    I actually never heard of this village even when you mentioned it on my village thread but I’m looking it up tbh I thought it would have already been over run by settlers. It’s depopulated and just used for farming by settlers. I would ask if you family has any forms or papers even an informal paper that shows that you own any land there? Something saying you bought land there before 1948? If you have those you could go to the Israeli Supreme Court and petition to get your land back. If you don’t than unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. May Allah (swt) curse these Zionists.

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied
    Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Inshallah you’ll be able to make it there soon. It brings me joy to know that the trees and rocks will call Muslims to kill the Jews after Prophet Isa (PBUH) comes, and as with you, it pleases me to know that they’ll be suffering in Hell for eternity.
    May Allah make us among the residents of Jannah so we could laugh at them, and question them while drinking water that they will never taste.

As far as going on your own, at the very least, you should visit Al Qudds and Masjid Al Aqsa, even if you can’t get to your home town. I hope to go visit at least once before I die. I didn’t really appreciate anything while I lived there, being a stupid teenager, and not having a good foundation of Islam.
    You must not have a Palestinian ID. I only got to go to Masjid Al-Aqsa once when I was newly 16 but still hadn’t gotten my ID. But ever since than I haven’t been able to go back. They even denied my visa to go to the US embassy for an interview I had there so I had to sneak in but I couldn’t visit Masjid Al-Aqsa because I was too scared they would ask for a visa.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri1
    replied
    I'll post them for you to see in Random photos insyaAllah

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri1
    replied

Thats so cool. Post pictures of your work!

I actually really like art installations because they are such an experience. I keep getting ads about this one art show like that here and I really want to go. Do you have an absolute favorite piece though. I want to see what it looks like. Unless it's personal of course. Art can be very personal sometimes.

Paint. Specifically oil painting. I am trying to move away from tutorials so I attempted to paint a picture I took once but I just cant manage to get the waves down.
    Oil painting is really hard, there's two kind of liquids you use. One is a thinner and one is a to thicken, forgot what they are called but you need to use them sparingly before putting them on canvas. Cuz it's hard to undo them.

I can advise you on acrylic and water colour but oil is a bit tricky for me. Last time I used them was in secondary school

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

salam sis

1. I did art installations (like a mix of art + tech)
    2. My favourite piece of art is a mix of art + technology, which is like my specialization but I have a list of faves. There are different variations of that, some are "high-tech" which means a lot programming and interaction is involved, whereas "low-tech" means opposite. I did my final artwork "low-tech" cuz I am good at concepts but not the best at executing it. It's safer to go "low-tech".

3. drawing water using pencil or paint?
    Thats so cool. Post pictures of your work!

I actually really like art installations because they are such an experience. I keep getting ads about this one art show like that here and I really want to go. Do you have an absolute favorite piece though. I want to see what it looks like. Unless it's personal of course. Art can be very personal sometimes.

Paint. Specifically oil painting. I am trying to move away from tutorials so I attempted to paint a picture I took once but I just cant manage to get the waves down.

Leave a comment:

• imran1976
    replied
    Abu 'Abdullaah
    which character do you like from Addams family series?

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri1
    replied
    I found the thread!

nudgetheputri1

I have a lot of questions because you're like an actual artist.

1) what kind of art do you do?
    2) what's your favorite piece of art?
    3) Do you have any tips about drawing water if that's the kind of art you do because I really struggle with that? I watched this one class online recently and I'm still having a hard time with it.
    salam sis

1. I did art installations (like a mix of art + tech)
    2. My favourite piece of art is a mix of art + technology, which is like my specialization but I have a list of faves. There are different variations of that, some are "high-tech" which means a lot programming and interaction is involved, whereas "low-tech" means opposite. I did my final artwork "low-tech" cuz I am good at concepts but not the best at executing it. It's safer to go "low-tech".

3. drawing water using pencil or paint?

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    I found the thread!

nudgetheputri1

I have a lot of questions because you're like an actual artist.

1) what kind of art do you do?
    2) what's your favorite piece of art?
    3) Do you have any tips about drawing water if that's the kind of art you do because I really struggle with that? I watched this one class online recently and I'm still having a hard time with it.

Leave a comment:

• Abisali
    replied
    Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    Abisali - How's your gym and/or diet routine..?
    Not good, but not horrible. I was doing really well until last month. I still haven't gone to the gym, but today, someone made me realize that the reason I don't go is because I lack the courage to go. As a kid, I was always picked on, very badly and I've developed social anxiety as a result. It's hard for me to want to go out to do anything these days, which aggravates me because now I'm 35, and I shouldn't feel this way. So, I'm going to work up the courage to go and just pretend that I am the only person at the gym.

As for the diet, I eat much, much less. I was able to give up sugar and wheat for two months, and deluded my self that I can tolerate a cheat day or two, which turned into a month. So I will have to take 3 days off to restart is and suffer the detoxification process. Pray for me.

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied
    Abisali - How's your gym and/or diet routine..?

Leave a comment:

• Abisali
    replied

It brings me a lot of peace to know that they will spend an eternity burning in hell.

Any time people ask me where I'm from in Palestine they are always so confused because they have never heard of Al-Damun before and I have no way to even explain it to them because I have no idea. I wouldn't mind visiting Palestine but all of my relatives fled and I'm not sure if you can go to my town freely. I also heard there are only certain times that you can enter and exit. I'm not sure.

I once stuck my finger into Palestine from a fence that separated it from Lebenon but that's about it. Maybe one day I'll manage to put my whole body in there inshallah.
    Inshallah you’ll be able to make it there soon. It brings me joy to know that the trees and rocks will call Muslims to kill the Jews after Prophet Isa (PBUH) comes, and as with you, it pleases me to know that they’ll be suffering in Hell for eternity.
    May Allah make us among the residents of Jannah so we could laugh at them, and question them while drinking water that they will never taste.

As far as going on your own, at the very least, you should visit Al Qudds and Masjid Al Aqsa, even if you can’t get to your home town. I hope to go visit at least once before I die. I didn’t really appreciate anything while I lived there, being a stupid teenager, and not having a good foundation of Islam.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X