X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by Gevurlar Korksun View Post
    [MENTION=128304]Spicen[/MENTION]

I know this is a bit random, but you seem to be interested in history so you may be interested the Ottoman Caliphate. Would you like to hear a piece of interesting information about the Ottoman Caliphate that even most Turks don't know ?
    Also siince we are in the topic, can you tell me why Piri Reis was executed?

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
      Let's here it.

Hayreddin Barbarossa's father is Albanian is that it?
      Haha, no. It's this: In 1924, the Caliphate in Turkey was actually put on hold, not abolished completely. However the position, powers and authority of the Caliph was transferred to the parliament and the Diyanet (the Turkish ministry for religious affairs.) What this means is that the Caliphate as an institution was frozen, while the position of Caliph was reinterpreted as being spiritually manifested in the form of the Turkish parliament and the Diyanet. The consitution was written specifically in a way that would keep the Caliphate protected as an institution, but under the control of the Secular state.

So basically, the Ottoman Caliphate is still technically active and could be put into practice easily if the parliament was to accept the necessary measures of re-introducing the position of Caliph and transfer the authority and powers from the parliament and Diyanet to that Caliph.

This was done for a certain reason and this is also why Turkey was very crucial for the Middle-East projects of Israel, London and USA throughout much of the 20th century and still probably is.. Would you like me to go a bit into detail or do you find this unbelievable ? I wouldn't blame you, even most Turks are unaware of this.

Also siince we are in the topic, can you tell me why Piri Reis was executed?
      He fell victim to a palace intrigue. Palace intrigues (mostly led and organized by the Sultan's wives) were quite widespread in the late 16th century and throughout much of the 17th century, unfortunately.
      Last edited by Gevurlar Korksun; 05-05-17, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Haha, no. It's this: In 1924, the Caliphate in Turkey was actually put on hold, not abolished completely. However the position, powers and authority of the Caliph was transferred to the parliament and the Diyanet (the Turkish ministry for religious affairs.) What this means is that the Caliphate as an institution was frozen, while the position of Caliph was reinterpreted as being spiritually manifested in the form of the Turkish parliament and the Diyanet. The consitution was written specifically in a way that would keep the Caliphate protected as an institution, but under the control of the Secular state.

So basically, the Ottoman Caliphate is still technically active and could be put into practice easily if the parliament was to accept the necessary measures of re-introducing the position of Caliph and transfer the authority and powers from the parliament and Diyanet to that Caliph.

This was done for a certain reason and this is also why Turkey was very crucial for the Middle-East projects of Israel, London and USA throughout much of the 20th century and still probably is.. Would you like me to go a bit into detail or do you find this unbelievable ? I wouldn't blame you, even most Turks are unaware of this.

He fell victim to a palace intrigue. Palace intrigues (mostly led and organized by the Sultan's wives) were quite widespread in the late 16th century and throughout much of the 17th century, unfortunately.
        Ok this really is news. From everything I know it was abolished years after the sultanate was abolished.

Sure go into details.

Ah yes, everytime I hear about Palace intriuges I keep remembering that Roxelana, who was responsible for the murder of Suleyman's most talented son Mustafa. As much as I respect suleyman for his conquest of Hungary, he was quite weak towards Roxelana and this had devastating consequences. Btw, some say she herself was a Ukrainian Jewess and she helped promote jews to the court most famously Rustem Pasha.

Comment

Ok this really is news. From everything I know it was abolished years after the sultanate was abolished.

Sure go into details.

Ah yes, everytime I hear about Palace intriuges I keep remembering that Roxelana, who was responsible for the murder of Suleyman's most talented son Mustafa. As much as I respect suleyman for his conquest of Hungary, he was quite weak towards Roxelana and this had devastating consequences. Btw, some say she herself was a Ukrainian Jewess and she helped promote jews to the court most famously Rustem Pasha.
          Last edited by Gevurlar Korksun; 05-05-17, 08:25 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=10318]anyone[/MENTION] yo what time is magrhibo
            Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
              [MENTION=10318]anyone[/MENTION] yo what time is magrhibo
              Ya Allah,
              Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
              "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
                Depends where you are, no?

Comment

Lol my athan was at 8:38
                  Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                    Depends where you are, no?
                    Yeah bt i think i know her area
                    Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                    Lol my athan was at 8:38
                    close enough
                    Ya Allah,
                    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Yeah bt i think i know her area

close enough
                      Are you near me?

Comment

This is interesting. However, I would say modern day muslims are far more choosy than the ones in 20th century. Saudis are probably one of the most unpopular countries among the muslim world, especially after what they've done to the Muslims in Egypt and their alliance with Israel. Seriously, even Najib Razzak of Malaysia has a better chance at proclaiming caliph than King Salman. And this is despite the existence and practice of Shariah law in KSA. And I think if a caliphate was suddenly proclaimed in Turkey, most would be sceptical, especially since some cities/towns are not very islamic.

And most muslims haven't even heard of Gulen before the coup. He's not that well known outside Turkey and USA.

Comment

Well there's another reason. One thing historians are baffled about is the fact that Suleyman did not start a colonial effort even when he had the navies to do so.

The mass amount of silver brought in by Europeans seriously devalued the currency and the Sultan had to resort to his treasury to keep his army happy and updated with latest technology. However, eventually the treasury started depleting. And who do you turn to when you run out of money? Yes, the jews. Riba is a major sin but at that time the sultans probably didn't realize its destructive effects.

The lack of payments also was a key factor in the constant Janissary rebellions that took place later on.

Comment

This is interesting. However, I would say modern day muslims are far more choosy than the ones in 20th century. Saudis are probably one of the most unpopular countries among the muslim world, especially after what they've done to the Muslims in Egypt and their alliance with Israel. Seriously, even Najib Razzak of Malaysia has a better chance at proclaiming caliph than King Salman. And this is despite the existence and practice of Shariah law in KSA. And I think if a caliphate was suddenly proclaimed in Turkey, most would be sceptical, especially since some cities/towns are not very islamic.

And most muslims haven't even heard of Gulen before the coup. He's not that well known outside Turkey and USA.
                            Last edited by Gevurlar Korksun; 06-05-17, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Basically, what I'm saying is that the seat of Caliph is empty but still present in Turkey and is waiting for the Mahdi to come and take his rightful place. What do you think ?
                              Well brother, I'm afraid my answer to this question will be disappointing for you.

I hold the belief that the arrival of Mahdi will take a long time still. I don't know how much though.

A part of me tells me that the current yearning for Mahdi comes as a result of the current situation of the muslim world. While it's difficult, I believe that it's possible to overturn the current situation and that there will be other difficult circumstances faced by muslim world before the events leading to the coming of Mahdi takes place.

And as far as I know, Mahdi will probably rule from Madinah(?) I could be wrong though.

Comment

It may not be a long time look at what has happened in the last 10 yrs

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X