• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
    someone is losing out...
    Lollll whattttt

sometimes u make me feel so mad and sometimes u make me laff out loud and then I can't work out what I think of u
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

[MENTION=102417]Al-Mualim[/MENTION]

Is there any reason as to why you think i would need some help?

Thank you/jazakallah khair for letting me know you're there, big bro :)

I'll let you know if i need anything

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
        :salams Another batch of questions! :lahawla:
        @zantz and @ashmeo- How are you so likeable and easy going?
        @eesa the kiwi - How is Islam like in NZ in general and in your local area?
        @Kiro ..Let's do something fun..?
        @Meriadoc - Elves, hobbits, humans, orcs or dwarves? - But seriously, how can a devout Muslim use their interest in fantasy to leverage their iman?
        @Faith reloaded - Do you need help? I'm always here via PM. (just a reminder)
        @RaNdOm - What's the fixation with personalities/traits/characteristics. It's like you mentally keep an excel file of users and their traits and how they should act or why they act as such. It's creepy but I like it. However I wouldn't expect it from you an EJOjsofsP

:wswrwb:

lolol I do mentally keep a file

and I don't knowwwww I just find it interesting - why do people read up on space or the ocean

it's like the brain learning about the brain

I just think if u can understand the human mind then u can overcome a lot and understand others and develop emotional maturity (which apparently I don't have) and I guess cos I am a curious person and that means I like to know everything

plus too many people show the not real version of themselves to the world and I wanna know the real version - like the most ugly parts of a human that they feel ashamed of. I find that really interesting cos as u get older it's more and more a great big world of theatre
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
          Lollll whattttt

sometimes u make me feel so mad and sometimes u make me laff out loud and then I can't work out what I think of u
          You reading deeply into that..
          '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
            @Al-Mualim

Is there any reason as to why you think i would need some help?

Thank you/jazakallah khair for letting me know you're there, big bro :)

I'll let you know if i need anything
            [MENTION=102417]Al-Mualim[/MENTION]

Comment

Omdsssss loooollll SEE

argh carry on as u were

Comment

[MENTION=119080]zantz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=134006]ashmeo[/MENTION]- How are you so likeable and easy going?
                [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] - How is Islam like in NZ in general and in your local area?
                [MENTION=120607]Kiro[/MENTION] ..Let's do something fun..?
                [MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] - Elves, hobbits, humans, orcs or dwarves? - But seriously, how can a devout Muslim use their interest in fantasy to leverage their iman?
                [MENTION=138802]Faith reloaded[/MENTION] - Do you need help? I'm always here via PM. (just a reminder)
                [MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION] - What's the fixation with personalities/traits/characteristics. It's like you mentally keep an excel file of users and their traits and how they should act or why they act as such. It's creepy but I like it. However I wouldn't expect it from you an EJOjsofsP
                ok lol what do you want to do? :)
                https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

[MENTION=119080]zantz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=134006]ashmeo[/MENTION]- How are you so likeable and easy going?
                  [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] - How is Islam like in NZ in general and in your local area?
                  [MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] - Elves, hobbits, humans, orcs or dwarves? - But seriously, how can a devout Muslim use their interest in fantasy to leverage their iman?
                  [MENTION=138802]Faith reloaded[/MENTION] - Do you need help? I'm always here via PM. (just a reminder)
                  [MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION] - What's the fixation with personalities/traits/characteristics. It's like you mentally keep an excel file of users and their traits and how they should act or why they act as such. It's creepy but I like it. However I wouldn't expect it from you an EJOjsofsP
                  Elves. Hobbits. Humans. Dwarves. Orcs < that order.

LOTR et al. was/were a big part of my childhood/adolescents growing up. I began reading the Fellowship aged 12, but decided it was a bit too advanced for me and I made sure to read it again when I was older. A good decision imo, because I read the trilogy in a month or so (give or take a week).

As an adult, it's a good bit of nostalgia, and nothing more. Tolkien shows you through his work, how to write a good set of books, without resorting to explicit/lewd themes that much of today's literature uses as a crutch to gain popularity. Hence, my preference for older works. I'm up for Sherlock and a bit of Victorian Gothic horror too, it's not just hobbits.

There's always a lesson to take away from anything you read, which is why it is very important to ensure that what you do read, is decent. This is why in terms of 'fantasy' based things, I am wholly against the 'Thrones' craze or any other similar universe. You take an interesting concept and then ruin it by, again, going back to explicit/lewd themes. And it is entirely unnecessary.

So to summarise:

Older literature > modern literature. For sure.
                  Check what you read is suitable as that can influence you
                  It's fiction and nothing more

And have fun reading. Perhaps get inspired and write something you would have wanted to read.
                  ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                  U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
                    Elves. Hobbits. Humans. Dwarves. Orcs < that order.

LOTR et al. was/were a big part of my childhood/adolescents growing up. I began reading the Fellowship aged 12, but decided it was a bit too advanced for me and I made sure to read it again when I was older. A good decision imo, because I read the trilogy in a month or so (give or take a week).

As an adult, it's a good bit of nostalgia, and nothing more. Tolkien shows you through his work, how to write a good set of books, without resorting to explicit/lewd themes that much of today's literature uses as a crutch to gain popularity. Hence, my preference for older works. I'm up for Sherlock and a bit of Victorian Gothic horror too, it's not just hobbits.

There's always a lesson to take away from anything you read, which is why it is very important to ensure that what you do read, is decent. This is why in terms of 'fantasy' based things, I am wholly against the 'Thrones' craze or any other similar universe. You take an interesting concept and then ruin it by, again, going back to explicit/lewd themes. And it is entirely unnecessary.

So to summarise:

Older literature > modern literature. For sure.
                    Check what you read is suitable as that can influence you
                    It's fiction and nothing more

And have fun reading. Perhaps get inspired and write something you would have wanted to read.
                    Gothic novels were good but the Victorian Gothic and Sensational novels were amazing. Wilkie Collins was arguably the greatest writer of the entire Victorian era. He had a brilliance in contriving unique plots, and an excellence in story telling. Mary Elizabeth Braddon was good too.

But besides these genres, I pretty much liked most of the Victorian era. I wouldn't read such stuff now though but at the time, Jane Eyre and the Tenant of Widefell Hall were brilliant.
                    I get what you mean about modern works, I dislike them too but some were okay like JD Salinger's Catcher in the Rye was amazing. One of my all time favourites. There's another novel by John Fowles called The Collector that I liked a lot.

Anyway don't waste your time with fiction people!

Comment

wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu

i can only really speak for my city Auckland but im guessing the rest of the country is similar. Alhamdulilah practising islam is relatively easy here. like if you pray salah in public you'll get stared at but thats about it. once in a blue you might get an idiot try and start trouble but thats the exception not the norm. we have a few islamophobes but im actually surprised they're arent more considering the way islam is portrayed in the media. most people are friendly once they find out im a muslim but they might have a few odd questions. it was mainly my family who made a big deal about my conversion but i think thats cause they knew what a criminal i was so they figured id just become an islamic version of one but once they saw the change in me (this did take a few years for them to relax) they settled down
                      in my city we have one muslim majority suburb but you can find halal food practically anywhere. certain places arent really muslim friendly but thats because of the fitnah more than any danger
                      umm dawah here is good but basically we have too little brothers to make a decent impact. its seems to be mainly reverts that go to the markets and call to islam. Basically to make a decent impact we need to have ten times the amount of brothers doing this. It also needs to be more organised too because sometimes people are like lets go hand out pamphlets but thats about all the planning that seems to go into it
                      so far as western countries go NZ is pretty friendly to muslims, you might get the odd idiot but usually its pretty safe to practise islam
                      Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

How old are you?
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

[MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] you seem like a beautiful brother (Allahumma baarik lak). Let's be friends?

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                            [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] you seem like a beautiful brother (Allahumma baarik lak). Let's be friends?
                            your bro i am
                            Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                              your bro i am
                              Haha :P InshaAllah

:brf:

Comment

[MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION] knock ,knock?
                                '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X