X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
    [MENTION=122131]Stoic Believer[/MENTION]

So how would you keep a woman happy, in light of what the OP posted in that thread about their ungratefulness, etc.?
    I was poking fun at OP. I don't know why you're taking it so seriously.

Unless you seriously believe women are never happy and content. Which is a lie.

Comment

What I am trying to get at is:

There is a popular trend nowadays, especially in the US, and it started with the feminist movement and the doubts that many Muslims have about gender related "equality" issues in the Quran and ahaadeeth -- then it went on with the celebrity speakers trying to "address" these issues by watering the religion down and changing the meanings of the texts in order to appease the non-Muslims and the sisters who have a feminist type mentality. Therefore, they always blame men during wife/husband conflicts even if the wife is in the wrong, they deliberately hide authentic ahadeeth about the rights of the husbands over their wives, they make men out to be some evil monsters, but when the woman is at fault, she has an excuse because she is a "bent rib".

So it comes down to the authentic ahaadeeth about women being ungrateful and how they make up most of the inhabitants of hellfire. The above mentality forces one to say "well, bro, you just can't keep a woman happy." So when a woman is ungrateful to her husband, the husband is put to blame because he can't keep her 'happy'? This is very dangerous.

With that said, I did not agree with the OP of that thread's wording of the post and how no exceptions were made. The truth is, there are exceptions and not all women are like that.

Comment

What I am trying to get at is:

There is a popular trend nowadays, especially in the US, and it started with the feminist movement and the doubts that many Muslims have about gender related "equality" issues in the Quran and ahaadeeth -- then it went on with the celebrity speakers trying to "address" these issues by watering the religion down and changing the meanings of the texts in order to appease the non-Muslims and the sisters who have a feminist type mentality. Therefore, they always blame men during wife/husband conflicts even if the wife is in the wrong, they deliberately hide authentic ahadeeth about the rights of the husbands over their wives, they make men out to be some evil monsters, but when the woman is at fault, she has an excuse because she is a "bent rib".

So it comes down to the authentic ahaadeeth about women being ungrateful and how they make up most of the inhabitants of hellfire. The above mentality forces one to say "well, bro, you just can't keep a woman happy." So when a woman is ungrateful to her husband, the husband is put to blame because he can't keep her 'happy'? This is very dangerous.

With that said, I did not agree with the OP of that thread's wording of the post and how no exceptions were made. The truth is, there are exceptions and not all women are like that.
        OP was taking it to another extreme. Women are ungrateful to their husbands, but that doesn't mean they're never happy or content. There are plenty of women who are happy with their marriages and their husband, even if at some point they will show ingratitude. If your wife is eternally unhappy and complaining, she's either a nutcase or you're doing something seriously wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          OP was taking it to another extreme. Women are ungrateful to their husbands, but that doesn't mean they're never happy or content. There are plenty of women who are happy with their marriages and their husband, even if at some point they will show ingratitude. If your wife is eternally unhappy and complaining, she's either a nutcase or you're doing something seriously wrong.
          My point to you is clear, bro.

Comment

And about the sister's avatar...

People here don't realize that the forums aren't like real life. To be honest with you, we see sheer nakedness the moment we walk out of our house... going to work or school. We have become so desensitized that even if we are forced to interact with girls at school, we don't feel anything most of the time because we have become used to it.

But what many women and men don't understand is that the forums and online interaction is a place where the imagination goes wild and a place where shaytan lures women and men into traps. So having an avatar like that, as the brother mentioned-- and especially when the female user is actively engaging with brothers on the forum -- it will be a fitnah no doubt. It's not because the girl in the avatar is a fitnah, it's because of the imagination that goes with it. This is fact. Anyone who denies it denies reality.
            This is true

Curiosity killed the cat and imagination in that sense can be the devil in a red dress

Saying that some aren't desensitised, they just don't see it as fitnah. E.g if it's a female cartoon then it's nothing. Others might feel different and it could be their weakness, something that they are struggling with in real life.

Prevention is better than cure- Avoid any animations or pictures of people that could be a 'fitnah'.
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

And about the sister's avatar...

People here don't realize that the forums aren't like real life. To be honest with you, we see sheer nakedness the moment we walk out of our house... going to work or school. We have become so desensitized that even if we are forced to interact with girls at school, we don't feel anything most of the time because we have become used to it.

But what many women and men don't understand is that the forums and online interaction is a place where the imagination goes wild and a place where shaytan lures women and men into traps. So having an avatar like that, as the brother mentioned-- and especially when the female user is actively engaging with brothers on the forum -- it will be a fitnah no doubt. It's not because the girl in the avatar is a fitnah, it's because of the imagination that goes with it. This is fact. Anyone who denies it denies reality.
              There are people who will imagine anything from anything. At some point you have to draw a line. The girl in the cartoon looked very young and I pray for the brothers whose imagination would go somewhere with it. It's disgusting, perverted and paedophilic.
              Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by -qed- View Post
                There are people who will imagine anything from anything. At some point you have to draw a line. The girl in the cartoon looked very young and I pray for the brothers whose imagination would go somewhere with it. It's disgusting, perverted and paedophilic.
                I think my point wasn't clear enough. It's not about the cartoon girl, but coupling it with an active female member posting to and quoting male members on a forum.

Comment

I think my point wasn't clear enough. It's not about the cartoon girl, but coupling it with an active female member posting to and quoting male members on a forum.
                  As opposed to active male members posting to and quoting female members? Seems more common to me and yet less is done about it. And then female members further down the line are shamed with posts taken out of context
                  Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

[MENTION=125151]kkash[/MENTION]

Do you think I am Prime Minister material?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                      You can't reveal the shape of anything that is awrah unless it's impossible to hide it. If wind hits you for example.

It is tight around the upper body. See how it's tight then becomes looser as it goes down, whereas it should be consistently loose from top to bottom.

It's not that, but rather the character in your avatar is sporting mixed colors which attract attention.

I never commented that it should be all black/white.

Also her facial expression is not free of criticism either.
                      Lower your gaze!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meentajir View Post
                        [MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION] why are you always angry......or mad?
                        [MENTION=41145]Theistic[/MENTION] i dont understand if you being soooo polite and calm is for real....how come you always maintain that nature, brother?
                        I once heard Link ask for tea so aggressively in Urdu, maybe he's low on tea.

Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
                        He's not always angry. Just call him Junaid repeatedly, he'll eventually give in and show his kind side.
                        Maybe it's about time bro, we revealed just how old he really is. Really would change his image lol
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                          I once heard Link ask for tea so aggressively in Urdu, maybe he's low on tea.

Maybe it's about time bro, we revealed just how old he really is. Really would change his image lol
                          How are you Kiro akhi?
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                            How are you Kiro akhi?
                            What do you mean? I'm the same as always.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

double post

Ephemeral reader

Comment

[MENTION=123920]-qed-[/MENTION] does your mom mind it when you burp?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X