Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neelu have you ever thought about writing a book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I don't even eat popcorn in real life

It's a mystery

Comment

• Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
        neelu have you ever thought about writing a book?
        Not really. Years ago when I worked at the school I tried to write a short story. I wrote a few scenes but then my health got worse so I never finished it and lost interest in it. I didn't necessarily think I'd be good at writing the story, but it occurred to me that there were very few books aimed at children and/or teenagers that represented minorities, especially Muslims and especially appropriate depictions of Muslims are sorely lacking. So I thought I'd write a few scenes but never finished it. I don't think I can devote that much attention and concentration on a long term project like that- though occasionally short articles or blog posts are more manageable for me.

My bigger interest has been in audio broadcasting, which was why I used to do the Ummah radio shows but never pursued anything after that ended. I did make one podcast last year which is on youtube. I'm still quite proud of it and at the time thought I should do a series of podcasts, but I'm really terrible at the technical side of making that happen and now my phone doesn't even have the memory capacity to do an audio recording so I find that side of it too daunting. Back when I was on Ummah radio, Sajid used to handle the whole technical side for me (and I'm very grateful for that)- even the few times the shows were recorded, it was other people who recorded them as a favour as I didn't understand how to do it myself. If I had to handle the technicalities, I don't think I would've managed to do it. Sajid set it up in such a way that I just had to press a button to go on air and press it again to end the show.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

Not really. Years ago when I worked at the school I tried to write a short story. I wrote a few scenes but then my health got worse so I never finished it and lost interest in it. I didn't necessarily think I'd be good at writing the story, but it occurred to me that there were very few books aimed at children and/or teenagers that represented minorities, especially Muslims and especially appropriate depictions of Muslims are sorely lacking. So I thought I'd write a few scenes but never finished it. I don't think I can devote that much attention and concentration on a long term project like that- though occasionally short articles or blog posts are more manageable for me.

My bigger interest has been in audio broadcasting, which was why I used to do the Ummah radio shows but never pursued anything after that ended. I did make one podcast last year which is on youtube. I'm still quite proud of it and at the time thought I should do a series of podcasts, but I'm really terrible at the technical side of making that happen and now my phone doesn't even have the memory capacity to do an audio recording so I find that side of it too daunting. Back when I was on Ummah radio, Sajid used to handle the whole technical side for me (and I'm very grateful for that)- even the few times the shows were recorded, it was other people who recorded them as a favour as I didn't understand how to do it myself. If I had to handle the technicalities, I don't think I would've managed to do it. Sajid set it up in such a way that I just had to press a button to go on air and press it again to end the show.
          Oh I remember your radio shows, I also remember all the hullabaloo around your show what with women's voice being awrah or not, whether sisters should participate in those quizzes on air and stuff..oh God..how long ago was this? 10, 12 years back at least, right? man..time, indeed, flew by..

Khayr, I do honestly think you have the makings of a good writer- you are capable of writing essays whilst holding the reader's attention, you have the ability to make boring/ tedious topics sound interesting plus your personal accounts are often fun/ helpful to read, you do know what you are talking about so like I said, you would make a good writer if you were to seriously consider it.

I know this was a random question but I was thinking if anyone from the forum were to write a book who would/ could it be and yours was the first name that came to my mind :)

Comment

• Jazakillah khayr, that's really nice of you to say :)
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Kiro do you watch anime?

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertWarrior View Post
                Kiro do you watch anime?
                Sometimes
                https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Sometimes
                  Have you been watching boruto?

Comment

• As I was eating break fast the other day I made the mistake of watching the episode of naruto when the 9 tails attacks and I was trying very hard not to cry tbh. I can’t have puffy eyes at work. People will think I’m crying because I have to go in.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Have you been watching boruto?
                      Yes!

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• son? notEVOLVED

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post
                          Yes my son.

You may speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Yes!
                            many tears were shed these last few weeks in boruto.

We had a couple months of epicness but now I guess we have to deal with another year of filler. I don’t mind boruto filler but they better include kawaki in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

many tears were shed these last few weeks in boruto.

We had a couple months of epicness but now I guess we have to deal with another year of filler. I don’t mind boruto filler but they better include kawaki in them.
                              It is going to make more character development for Kawaki and make the flow of time more believable.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• They’re gonna milk Naruto forever, aren’t they? Just like DBZ.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X