Ask any member a question thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

Oil painting is really hard, there's two kind of liquids you use. One is a thinner and one is a to thicken, forgot what they are called but you need to use them sparingly before putting them on canvas. Cuz it's hard to undo them.

I can advise you on acrylic and water colour but oil is a bit tricky for me. Last time I used them was in secondary school
    I do use thinner and stuff. I just get very impatient while learning and want to know easier ways. I am going to watch another class about paint depth in water so I’ll see how it goes.

oil paint is my thing, I find it a lot easier then acrylic. The drying time works better for me. I feel like I’m the only person in the world who likes oil better then acrylic but I’m lazy. I want to know that if I come back to it the next day I will be able to blend it 😂 I also like paintings with mire texture.

And yes please do post some because your kind of art actually sounds very cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post

I actually never heard of this village even when you mentioned it on my village thread but I’m looking it up tbh I thought it would have already been over run by settlers. It’s depopulated and just used for farming by settlers. I would ask if you family has any forms or papers even an informal paper that shows that you own any land there? Something saying you bought land there before 1948? If you have those you could go to the Israeli Supreme Court and petition to get your land back. If you don’t than unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. May Allah (swt) curse these Zionists.
      Amen. I doubt we have anything like that tbh. Everything is most likely gone now unfortunately. My grandmas parents were probably the ones who would have them and most of her family has passed away now so I wouldn’t even know who to ask.

Comment

• A question for all

Where is everybody?

Comment

• Everyone has moved on except a few of us

Why am I still here

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
            Everyone has moved on except a few of us

Why am I still here

You can't get enough of that popcorn..?

Comment

• Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

You can't get enough of that popcorn..?
              I don't even eat popcorn in real life

It's a mystery
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• My legacy (this thread) lives on.

Comment

Why am I still here

Why am I still here sis

I'm getting old..I need to move on lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Why am I still here sis

I'm getting old..I need to move on lol
                    Oh. brah. the
                    I am ancient, I have one grey hair but lately I haven't seen it

I need to go to the dentist too so... I think we know who needs to move on

Comment

Oh. brah. the
                      I am ancient, I have one grey hair but lately I haven't seen it

I need to go to the dentist too so... I think we know who needs to move on

LOL this place isn't that bad tho compared to other sites والله أعلم

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                        My legacy (this thread) lives on.
                        I was getting depressed seeing that there was only like 5 threads that were replied to yesterday so I started bumping.

Comment

Why am I still here

Because of sonhood.
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

• Morose

If you are actually a mathematician then my first question is why?

second question: I really slacked off with math so if I ever wanted to understand something more complicated then the basics what should I start with?

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                              Morose

If you are actually a mathematician then my first question is why?

second question: I really slacked off with math so if I ever wanted to understand something more complicated then the basics what should I start with?
                              Well, I like maths and I like problem-solving, so I do a lot of it for fun, haha. I found a good way practising maths was doing maths-based puzzles and riddles because these are test of logic, and they can be quite engaging.

In terms of where to start, I guess it depends where you want to go or what your interest is because maths is very broad. I am guessing (at this stage) you’re probably not interested in statistics or mechanics or something, but want to learn core maths. I would therefore start with basic algebra. You can skip things like linear graphing or quadratics etc. for now, but understanding the fundamentals of algebra and functions is key to everything in maths.

However, it is really important that you understand why something works the way it does, and always prove your results.

Once you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals, you can then move on to more complex areas like trigonometry or calculus.

I would recommend taking up maths, and actually trying to understand it as opposed to shutting your mind off before even giving it a try (because that is what most people’s problem really is - too afraid to try). But it does sharpen your brain and reasoning abilities, and it is fun too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morose View Post

Well, I like maths and I like problem-solving, so I do a lot of it for fun, haha. I found a good way practising maths was doing maths-based puzzles and riddles because these are test of logic, and they can be quite engaging.

In terms of where to start, I guess it depends where you want to go or what your interest is because maths is very broad. I am guessing (at this stage) you’re probably not interested in statistics or mechanics or something, but want to learn core maths. I would therefore start with basic algebra. You can skip things like linear graphing or quadratics etc. for now, but understanding the fundamentals of algebra and functions is key to everything in maths.

However, it is really important that you understand why something works the way it does, and always prove your results.

Once you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals, you can then move on to more complex areas like trigonometry or calculus.

I would recommend taking up maths, and actually trying to understand it as opposed to shutting your mind off before even giving it a try (because that is what most people’s problem really is - too afraid to try). But it does sharpen your brain and reasoning abilities, and it is fun too.
                                I never understood why I ever had to learn anything in math so I always struggled to understand what I was doing and why I was doing it. I dont even know what questions to ask when I dont understand.

But I think it would be interesting and cool to know.

I don't like that I suck at math, eventually I will do something about it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X