This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Veracity a brother or sister?

​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
      Is Veracity a brother or sister?
      Sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
        No one really asks me anything :S
        Me neither love! lol

I will ask you something, do you like any other animals apart from birds :)
        Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
        In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
        USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
        (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

No one really asks me anything :S
          What is your favorite food?

Comment

• Not the line of questioning I was expecting but I'll roll with it.

It's mainly budgies I like rather than other birds. When I was younger, I loved cats and I still really like them but cos of my illness, I can't really sit with them anymore which is a shame, but I still love their fluffy appearance and cute antics and still watch them on youtube. Same is probably true of rabbits- I would've liked them when I was younger but can't be around them now.

I don't mind hamsters and gerbils, but I'm not that enthusiastic about them either.

Okay, now I'll ask you a question: What do you think prestigious educational institutions (such as the one you attended) should do to improve:

a) greater accessibility and inclusiveness of racial/ethnic diversity?

b) social mobility for students from working class backgrounds?

c) greater flexibility for students with disabilities and/or additional needs?

Oh yeah and as many on this thread haven't experienced studying in such a place, ideally start off by pointing out their successes and failures in such areas then go into what can be done to improve it inshaAllah.... meanwhile I'll answer the question on my favourite food lol.

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Me neither love! lol

I will ask you something, do you like any other animals apart from birds :)
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• That has changed over the years because I've developed so many food intolerances over the years. I think during my teens my favourite meal would've been alugosht (lamb and potato salan) with mattar pulao (fried rice with peas) and I still love that. Alu paratha would've also been a favourite.

My favourite foods before I became ill though were keema patties (minced meat wrapped in puff pastry) and I also loved alu parathas, chocolate brownies... I'm gluten intolerant so I look back at these gluten packed foods with a lot of nostalgia. I have since managed to try gluten free alu parathas, pizzas and chocolate brownies and they're okay but not the same.

Since becoming ill I now have two main favourite gluten free meals:

- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni is AMAZING (and coincidentally vegetarian)

- Fried rice with griddled lamb and veg (griddled courgettes, asparagus and red onions)... even better if served with aubergine dip and the recipe is on this blog
              http://myalgicmuslimah.blogspot.com/...-gf-df-ef.html

Since becoming ill, my favourite dessert is pear tarte tatin with a dollop of creme fraiche

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

What is your favorite food?

Comment

That has changed over the years because I've developed so many food intolerances over the years. I think during my teens my favourite meal would've been alugosht (lamb and potato salan) with mattar pulao (fried rice with peas) and I still love that. Alu paratha would've also been a favourite.

My favourite foods before I became ill though were keema patties (minced meat wrapped in puff pastry) and I also loved alu parathas, chocolate brownies... I'm gluten intolerant so I look back at these gluten packed foods with a lot of nostalgia. I have since managed to try gluten free alu parathas, pizzas and chocolate brownies and they're okay but not the same.

Since becoming ill I now have two main favourite gluten free meals:

- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni is AMAZING (and coincidentally vegetarian)

- Fried rice with griddled lamb and veg (griddled courgettes, asparagus and red onions)... even better if served with aubergine dip and the recipe is on this blog
                http://myalgicmuslimah.blogspot.com/...-gf-df-ef.html

Since becoming ill, my favourite dessert is pear tarte tatin with a dollop of creme fraiche

I love aloo paratha too.. my favourite breakfast lol paratha with chana masala, chutney and achaar!! But even if I had chana masala with puris.. that would do too! 

Sister, have you got the recipe for gluten free aloo parathas? Do you just use gluten-free flour instead? 
                People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

• There are a few different recipes if you look it up on youtube but I used this one (garbanzo flour means chickpea flour or besan will do)

https://www.desiblitz.com/content/5-...e-desi-recipes

Comment

There are a few different recipes if you look it up on youtube but I used this one (garbanzo flour means chickpea flour or besan will do)

https://www.desiblitz.com/content/5-...e-desi-recipes

Do you mix the potato mixture with the flour/dough or put it in separate between two balls of dough (if that makes sense lol)? Doesn't it stick if it's all mixed together? 
                    People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

• So..how's everyone doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                        So..how's everyone doing?
                        Alhamdulillaah. Life is good.

What about you? How are the kids?

Comment

• Most gluten free alu paratha recipes involve mixing potato into the dough. As the recipe says, a dusting of rice flour should prevent it from getting too sticky when it's rolled out.

Comment

• Abisali I read in another thread that you lived in Palestine before. Do you know anything about a village there called Al Damun?

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                              Abisali I read in another thread that you lived in Palestine before. Do you know anything about a village there called Al Damun?
                              No, sorry. I lived there when I was 11 and moved back to the states at 17, so I didn't really pay much attention to the many villages there- unless my classmates were from one of them. I lived in a village just outside of Ramallah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post

No, sorry. I lived there when I was 11 and moved back to the states at 17, so I didn't really pay much attention to the many villages there- unless my classmates were from one of them. I lived in a village just outside of Ramallah.
                                It's alright. It's not easy to find any information on the towns that were occupied. There's a wikipedia page and a page on Palestine remembered about it but that's about it. I've actually never met anyone who even heard of it before.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X