Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• @abu abdur_rahman

What do you think is the reason behind the Persians going astray and becoming irrelevant in these times? Did Allah send them astray because of their arrogance or something?

As you know the Persians were explicitly praised by the Salaf and recognized as the best of the Ajamis. Don't you think part of the demise of the Ummah is due to the absence of the Persians in Sunni politics/scholarship?

Comment

• Abu Abdur_Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
          @abu abdur_rahman

What do you think is the reason behind the Persians going astray and becoming irrelevant in these times? Did Allah send them astray because of their arrogance or something?

As you know the Persians were explicitly praised by the Salaf and recognized as the best of the Ajamis. Don't you think part of the demise of the Ummah is due to the absence of the Persians in Sunni politics/scholarship?
          Well, son. My question would be, who from the Muslim Sunnis are relevant and haven't gone astray?

How many people in the history of Islam have put the religion before their goals and desires for the worldly life? Who doesn't call to or belong to a group or cult or sect? The vast majority of Muslims since the beginning either follow their desires for this world, or if they are religious, they belong to a sect or a cult or call to it.

Also, I don't think it's correct to say Allah sent a whole race of people astray for their arrogance. The Jews, for example, are described as such, not because of their race or ethnicity, but because of their practice and adherence to their religion in place of Islam.

Just my thoughts, son. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morose View Post
            Hmmm. Reminds me of a certain thread in the Marriage section.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post

Well, son. My question would be, who from the Muslim Sunnis are relevant and haven't gone astray?

How many people in the history of Islam have put the religion before their goals and desires for the worldly life? Who doesn't call to or belong to a group or cult or sect? The vast majority of Muslims since the beginning either follow their desires for this world, or if they are religious, they belong to a sect or a cult or call to it.

Also, I don't think it's correct to say Allah sent a whole race of people astray for their arrogance. The Jews, for example, are described as such, not because of their race or ethnicity, but because of their practice and adherence to their religion in place of Islam.

Just my thoughts, son. Just my thoughts.
              But Akhi, where are the Persians? They're completely absent. The Iranians became Shia and the Afghans are irrelevant. It wasn't like this in the past.

The "greatest" Muhadith = Bukhari
              The "greatest" Faqih = Abu Hanifa
              The "greatest" Mufasir = at-Tabari
              The "greatest" Mutakalim = al-Ghazzali

Where are the Persians to lead the Ummah?

Comment

But Akhi, where are the Persians? They're completely absent. The Iranians became Shia and the Afghans are irrelevant. It wasn't like this in the past.

The "greatest" Muhadith = Bukhari
                The "greatest" Faqih = Abu Hanifa
                The "greatest" Mufasir = at-Tabari
                The "greatest" Mutakalim = al-Ghazzali

Where are the Persians to lead the Ummah?
                Hmmm. Yes son. The Iranians have become Shi'a. Not more to be said.

Comment

Hmmm. Yes son. The Iranians have become Shi'a. Not more to be said.
                  1. The Iranians became Rafidha
                  2. The Afghans became intellectually irrelevant
                  3. The Ummah has gone astray

I think part of the Ummah's demise is due to the absence of the Persians. A people who contributed so much are completely out of the picture! 1 - 1 = 0.

Ya Rabb.

Comment

1. The Iranians became Rafidha
                    2. The Afghans became intellectually irrelevant
                    3. The Ummah has gone astray

I think part of the Ummah's demise is due to the absence of the Persians. A people who contributed so much are completely out of the picture! 1 - 1 = 0.

Ya Rabb.
                    Hmmmm. I don't think the Ummah's prosperity is dependent on one race of people. The Arabs have more virtue than any race and look what is going on with them. So even if the Persians were on the scene, they wouldn't be like the Salaf.

Comment

Hmmmm. I don't think the Ummah's prosperity is dependent on one race of people.
                      Agreed. But their absence has to have some relevance with the condition of the Ummah.

When Islam was healthy and prosperous the Persians were on the intellectual forefront. Now that the Ummah is the verge of extinction the Persians are literally absent.

The merits of the Persians were included in the books of Hadith and mentioned by scholars like Ibn Taymiyyah. It's not a trivial meaningless matter. Or else why would those sources even mention them?

Comment

Agreed. But their absence has to have some relevance with the condition of the Ummah.

When Islam was healthy and prosperous the Persians were on the intellectual forefront. Now that the Ummah is the verge of extinction the Persians are literally absent.

The merits of the Persians were included in the books of Hadith and mentioned by scholars like Ibn Taymiyyah. It's not a trivial meaningless matter. Or else why would those sources even mention them?
                        Yes, son. Yes. But Allah can give those merits to anyone else and replace the Persians with other people. I think the focus should be on how the previous generations as a whole were successful in learning the religion and especially the science of Hadeeth and safeguarding it and writing it.

The Persians did achieve a lot, but so did the Arabs.

To me, it just shows that Allah's فضل is not just limited to the Arabs.

Comment

• Yeah. I think the prominence of Persian scholars is something all non-Arab should use as motivation. The Arabs were chosen above the other nations, but the doors of Tawfiq and Ihsan are open for anyone irrespective of their backgrounds.

It just baffles me how such a prosperous nation became completely irrelevant in Akhiru Zaman. How do we explain the Iranians becoming Rafidha and refusing to revert back to Ahl al-Sunnah? Is it a punishment from Allah? It certainly isn't a good thing. Why didn't Allah protect them from going astray?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morose View Post
                            where art thou :(
                            "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                            me - 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by magok View Post

where art thou :(
                              the cries and howling of gronn
                              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• No one really asks me anything :S
                                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X