No announcement yet.

Ask any member a question thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .khayriyyah. Whats your favourite surah or ayat from the Qur'an :) The fave name of Allah you call Him by?
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Morose can you stop crying plz

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

A girl called Farah. A

Though I do love all my sisters from here
        Aww. You know how much I love you and i am so grateful to have such a sweet and kind friend like you walahi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

Aww. You know how much I love you and i am so grateful to have such a sweet and kind friend like you walahi.
          I love you too, sis, ur very gentle and i always know that i have a friend in u, ur a kind sis

I love all the sisters and u for the sake of Allah! xx

Comment

Morose can you stop crying plz
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• neelu I miss your talk show, u were a great host. I love the way u speak, very authoritative but witty. Have you thought of other platforms to make a weekly ummah forum show, like soundcloud? Maybe some people who are more techy can advise.

Comment

eesa the kiwi do you still drink black seed tea
                Not really no
                Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Not really no
                  Ok cool

Comment

.khayriyyah. Whats your favourite surah or ayat from the Qur'an :) The fave name of Allah you call Him by?
                    Allah, Ar Rahman.
                    Surah Taha or Surah Az Zumar.

And you?
                    Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

• Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Allah, Ar Rahman.
                      Surah Taha or Surah Az Zumar.

And you?
                      My fave surahs are surah duha, and surah sharh, and I like to call Allah by his name ar-Rahman mostly but also As-Salam when I need a bit of peace in my life

jazakallah khair sis

Comment

• Abisali What do you do if you're eating and a cat climbs onto the table?

Comment

• Oh dear.

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                            Abisali What do you do if you're eating and a cat climbs onto the table?
                            You pet the cat and feed it.

Comment

• Jazakillah khayr, I miss it too and I agree with you. You're right about needing someone more techy to advise (maybe @Simply Logical?) as I'm such a novice about these things. Someone did suggest facebook live but that tends to be a video and (even though I don't wear niqab) I prefer the relative anonymity of not showing my face online.

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                              neelu I miss your talk show, u were a great host. I love the way u speak, very authoritative but witty. Have you thought of other platforms to make a weekly ummah forum show, like soundcloud? Maybe some people who are more techy can advise.
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Indefinable Do you think your avatar that has a silhouette of a man contributes to you being mistaken as a male member by other fellow members?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X