X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    Br Eesa the kiwi

​​​​​​​Its Saturday morning where you are... So just one day till the wedding inshaaAllah(?). What's the mood been like, how's your sister doing, and how's your mother?

Asian weddings are an odd thing... Thinking back to when my own younger sister was married... Leading up to the day we had the house packed with people we hadn't seen in years and years, and she was in the 'not allowed to crack a smile' mode for days that Bangladeshi brides are expected to maintain as a newlywed (I guess she started practicing early :p) once they crossed over. I wonder if any other culture has that, btw... Preventing yourself from showing joy as the bride.

(Ps. I had a better look at this Bathurst event. So many races held in such a short space of time.)
    ​​​​​

why do women have to do that?

Sounds so silly

I understand Muslim women should have haya but not smiling because you're getting married?? It's not like you're a creepy perv looking forward to a blessed and sacred union

​​​​​​
    Really silly billy

Hate dumb culture, I wasn't like that before my marriage
    I was normal, had a laugh with the siblings celebrated the last days of my single life even though I was relieved that the search had ended.
    it was victory, a burden had been lifted

​​​​​​

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Nope, not yet. I am working now as well.

Honestly, I'm enjoying the single life.
      You go girl

That's how it should be, let the wali do his job and you just chill out until a good man comes

The ideal scenario

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

why do women have to do that?

Sounds so silly

I understand Muslim women should have haya but not smiling because you're getting married?? It's not like you're a creepy perv looking forward to a blessed and sacred union

​​​​​​
        Really silly billy

I was normal, had a laugh with the siblings celebrated the last days of my single life even though I was relieved that the search had ended.

​​​​​​
        Pakistanis are like that too ...well were, not anymore.
        If any bride was seen smiling or talking (forget laughing) on the wedding day or the days preceding it the aunties would all sit and gossip about how she seems a loose character lol.

The bride was expected to look serious and cry her eyes out at the end of the wedding ...if she didn't cry that was another big gossiping point.

It really is a bit daft. No woman was ever expected to be happy about marriage ...at least thats what I useto see. Its changed now ...some for the better and some for the worse.

Comment

• Fakhri
          Fakhri commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok. So not just us then.

• @Ya'sin

@Stoic Believer

How do I comment on people? Please help, it has been about week that I have been trying to figure out

Comment

• Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
          @Ya'sin

@Stoic Believer

How do I comment on people? Please help, it has been about week that I have been trying to figure out
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Originally posted by aynina View Post
            I dont see that I dont have it
            Attached Files

Comment

I dont see that I dont have it
              Thats weird maybe sajid can help you with that
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

@Ya'sin

@Stoic Believer

Looks like you will have to speak to Sajid
                You don't have it for some weird reason, it's right next to quote for everybody else

Comment

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

Pakistanis are like that too ...well were, not anymore.
                  If any bride was seen smiling or talking (forget laughing) on the wedding day or the days preceding it the aunties would all sit and gossip about how she seems a loose character lol.

The bride was expected to look serious and cry her eyes out at the end of the wedding ...if she didn't cry that was another big gossiping point.

It really is a bit daft. No woman was ever expected to be happy about marriage ...at least thats what I useto see. Its changed now ...some for the better and some for the worse.
                  I thought so

It's the same with Indians (desis in general tbh) but they too have changed

With Bengalis, most of the time they don't expect you to become Mona Lisa so that's ok, but they do expect some tears on the wedding day

For some reason I felt like I had to force myself to cry, I thought I'd be emotional but I suppose I was saying goodbye to the ugly marriage search so again, it was a 'victorious' moment for me

I did naturally cry on my nikah day (that was very simple, no function, just saying kabool in my home attire with a few witnesses there including the groom's family members.

I agree that nowadays sometimes it's too much, hence I said for us Muslims we should have haya which tells us how we should behave, with culture it's two extremes

You're either dying and breaking your Bangles on your wedding day or the modern Asian bride taking selfies with her mates, shouting and screaming like she's some celebrity

Comment

​​​​​​

I can sadly understand that. The process can be so degrading and break one down. I hope you have goodness in your marriage inshaAllah.

Comment

You go girl

That's how it should be, let the wali do his job and you just chill out until a good man comes

The ideal scenario
                      Not sure if you're joking or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Not sure if you're joking or not.
                        no

I mean it for both brothers and sisters but for the brothers they should inform others if they come across someone they think is 'religious' to let them know

Otherwise, if single brothers and sisters have no pressure from their families or any issues with the fitnah out there, I would say make the most of your free time and single life

Serve your parents, take them to hajj or just be an obedient daughter or son because once you are married, most of that time will be taken up with your spouse

You can't hasten marriage so might as well 'enjoy' your youth and less responsibilities (a spouse adds responsibilities)

Last edited by Ya'sin; 06-10-18, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by distractedandlost View Post

I can sadly understand that. The process can be so degrading and break one down. I hope you have goodness in your marriage inshaAllah.
                          Jazak Allah hu khair

Comment

• i bet no human here has the guts to ask me something
                            "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                            me - 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by magok View Post
                              i bet no human here has the guts to ask me something
                              Why are gronn so scared of baby kittens?
                              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X