X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

[MENTION=14812]Mikha’eel[/MENTION]

That's how you mention him [MENTION=137826]mazuiz[/MENTION].

Comment

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      He is unmentionable unless you use a workaround.
      [MENTION=135344]neon[/MENTION]

Comment

• @Stoic Believer

Are married yet? I haven't looking for anyone for a while now and parent's haven't looked for either for a while. I have been working and finally get my degree done after a lots of obstacles.

Comment

• What happened to reps? Or am I missing something? This new format...: confused :

Comment

• Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
            What happened to reps? Or am I missing something? This new format...: confused :
            The software for the new forum doesn't support rep comments
            Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              That's good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
                @Stoic Believer

Are married yet? I haven't looking for anyone for a while now and parent's haven't looked for either for a while. I have been working and finally get my degree done after a lots of obstacles.
                Nope, not yet. I am working now as well.

Honestly, I'm enjoying the single life.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                  Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• Br Abisali - How has your new job been going?
                    Are you doIng better with your health/eating than a couple of weeks ago? I think you mentioned being under quite a bit of stress.

Hopefully things are better than they were...
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                      Br Abisali - How has your new job been going?
                      Are you doIng better with your health/eating than a couple of weeks ago? I think you mentioned being under quite a bit of stress.

Hopefully things are better than they were...

It's nice to have someone remember me. I started the new job two weeks ago and it is much better than the last one. I haven't started the diet yet (procrastination :cold:) but I hope to do it within the next two days. The job is very hard on my feet and legs since I am standing on concrete floors for eight hours, so losing weight is essential to feeling better. I will also buy better shoes when I can next afford to. The downside to the job is they moved me to a section that contains Haram elements so now I have to start looking for a new job. I can't quit at the moment because I would not be able to pay rent and bills if I did. Inshallah I will find something better.

The best thing about the new job is my stress levels are down. I don't get fits of rage or despair like I did at my last job and most of the people I work with are nice and helpful. I also no longer get any chest pains which was a major concern before.

Thanks for checking up on me.

Comment

• Fakhri
                        Fakhri commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Alhamdulillah. I'm really glad to hear that brother, regarding the stress levels and the chest pain, and also that there's a better environment. Makes a huge difference when the people you work with are helpful and friendly.

I'm guessing there's probably no way of being moved back to the previous section or a different one that's not involved in dealing with haram if you were to speak to a superior?

insha'Allah... Two days time... The anti-sugar police could be paying you a virtual visit :p (Ie. Sr Indefinable enquiring via mention).

No... being serious though whether it's this no-sugar diet or something else, please do try to stay engaged in the process of improving the diet and health.

I was speaking to an elderly uncle just yesterday who mentioned the serious problems his son is having now because of being neglectful of diet and exercise. Allah Ta'aalaa grant us tawfeeq and safeguard us from such illnesses.

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                      Re: Ask any member a question thread

Bengali with some Afghan on my dad's side.
                      Dude, You have afghani blood? That is so cool. I am propably as Bengali as I one can be.

Comment

• Abu julaybeeb
                        Abu julaybeeb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        whats uncool bout being bengali

• @Abu julaybeeb

Why do you assume an absence of something as negative thing?

Comment

• Br Eesa the kiwi

​​​​​​​Its Saturday morning where you are... So just one day till the wedding inshaaAllah(?). What's the mood been like, how's your sister doing, and how's your mother?

Asian weddings are an odd thing... Thinking back to when my own younger sister was married... Leading up to the day we had the house packed with people we hadn't seen in years and years, and she was in the 'not allowed to crack a smile' mode for days that Bangladeshi brides are expected to maintain as a newlywed (I guess she started practicing early :p) once they crossed over. I wonder if any other culture has that, btw... Preventing yourself from showing joy as the bride.

(Ps. I had a better look at this Bathurst event. So many races held in such a short space of time.)
                      ​​​​​
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                      -------------------------------
                      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Brother Easathekiwi is getting married??

Comment

• Fakhri
                        Fakhri commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No. His sister.

• MyUsernameIs...
                        MyUsernameIs... commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh I see, thats still nice to hear Alhamdulillah

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
                      Brother Easathekiwi is getting married??
                      Maybe, but I think it was just his sister.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X