• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by Morose View Post
    Because 7 8 9.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      [MENTION=63294]AmantuBillahi[/MENTION] , a few questions for you.

When did you first come across the dhikr 'Amantu Billahi wa Rasoolihi' ? And are you a convert to Islam... I read here that you're Iranian, so were you raised shi'a? I am quite intrigued by Iranian history, what is your fave Persian historical period or event?
      Heard the song on Deen show , but now I dont sing my name. When I say it , I say it seriously. I dislike Nasheeds , I personally find them lame and embarrassing in public settings.

I was not raised Shia , my family members don't know how to recite Surah fatihah. It is unfair to Shias , if I call myself a shia convert but it makes sense in a certain limited context.

When Umar conquered Persia and Sa'd ibn abi waqqas / Salman al farsi ruled the land.

I dont like to praise Iranian history prior to Islam except very little and only for a purpose. Its nothing morally to be proud of , it was all jahiliyyah .. Its like praising USA. but Alhamdulillah , Allah chose Persia over the Romans and Alhamdulillah , Allah guided me.

But since you mentioned it , I am curious to know what is your fave persian historical period ?

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
        Heard the song on Deen show , but now I dont sing my name. When I say it , I say it seriously. I dislike Nasheeds , I personally find them lame and embarrassing in public settings.

I was not raised Shia , my family members don't know how to recite Surah fatihah. It is unfair to Shias , if I call myself a shia convert but it makes sense in a certain limited context.

When Umar conquered Persia and Sa'd ibn abi waqqas / Salman al farsi ruled the land.

I dont like to praise Iranian history prior to Islam except very little and only for a purpose. Its nothing morally to be proud of , it was all jahiliyyah .. Its like praising USA. but Alhamdulillah , Allah chose Persia over the Romans and Alhamdulillah , Allah guided me.

But since you mentioned it , I am curious to know what is your fave persian historical period ?
        I think the Iranian revolution is my fave, also the Safavid empire's conversion to Shia Islam and the suppression of Sunni Islam during that time is an interesting topic for me

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

I think the Iranian revolution is my fave...
          Do you mean Khomeini's revolution? Why? That has done nothing but harm the Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

Iranian government napaki.

Comment

[MENTION=142713]magok[/MENTION]

Hood high command resolved the issue of the fence?

Comment

Do you mean Khomeini's revolution? Why? That has done nothing but harm the Muslims.
                I find the way it happened interesting for a revolution, not that I supported it

Comment

I find the way it happened interesting for a revolution, not that I supported it
                  Ah right. Yes it was quite interesting, but among the most regrettable of events for the Muslims.

Although the Iranians suffered under the rule of the Shah, it was better for the rest of the Muslims.

Comment

[MENTION=142713]magok[/MENTION]

Hood high command resolved the issue of the fence?
                    no :(

busy now, a rumor is circulating around of something roaming our alley.....creepy
                    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                    me - 2017

Comment

Originally posted by magok View Post
                      no :(

busy now, a rumor is circulating around of something roaming our alley.....creepy
                      Hood high command being preyed upon by a mightier foe?

Comment

Hood high command being preyed upon by a mightier foe?
                        i said something, not someone.

we might send a paTROLL there
                        "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                        me - 2017

Comment

Originally posted by magok View Post
                          i said something, not someone.

we might send a paTROLL there
                          It's probably just a mangy cur. Give it a good kick and it should run away.

Comment

[MENTION=132744]A.Basheer[/MENTION]

Son?
                            Yes son.

Comment

@Son

A.Basheer?
                              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                                @Son

A.Basheer?
                                Lol.

Typical Link.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X