X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Yes sir , but when I was 10 years old , and not as a Muslim.
    Have you ever been to India?

The proof is so great that denying it can only be for poltical reasons , not logic / evidence

( sorry to steal posters question )
    Yes, but does Poster know that?

Comment

[MENTION=137526]Layla_[/MENTION]

why did your parents name you Layla lol
      Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
      In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
      USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
      (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

[MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION]

When did you start practicing Islam, at what age?

Tell us about your journey to Islam.

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          [MENTION=137526]Layla_[/MENTION]

why did your parents name you Layla lol
          Because of Layla & Majnoon, init

Everybody loves Layla!
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
            Because of Layla & Majnoon, init

Everybody loves Layla!
            Lol yep that story is literally always quoted to me, also this old rock song called 'Layla' my maths teacher used to sing to me loool

my mum insisted in calling me Laila (no reason apparently) but my dad wanted to call me Sara. Mum won lol

Where are you from sis?

Comment

[MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION]

When did you start practicing Islam, at what age?

Tell us about your journey to Islam.
              I'd like to refuse, if you do not mind, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                I'd like to refuse, if you do not mind, sorry.
                :(

Comment

Lol yep that story is literally always quoted to me, also this old rock song called 'Layla' my maths teacher used to sing to me loool

my mum insisted in calling me Laila (no reason apparently) but my dad wanted to call me Sara. Mum won lol

Where are you from sis?
                  I'm from UK sis what about you?
                  https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                    I'm from UK sis what about you?
                    Yeah UK too alhamdulillah x

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                      Have you ever been to India?
                      Nope , and unless someone is offering their daughter ( and paying for my flight ) , then I have no intention of going there.

Wbu ?

Comment

Did you like Harry Potter? I used to read those long harry potter books in a day, but it takes me so long now to read one page of anything lol

[MENTION=7127]Al Mualim[/MENTION] - is Orwell your favourite writer?
                        Well, one of my favourite writers.

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                        I liked them as a kid not sure I'd bother with them now [MENTION=102417]Al-Mualim[/MENTION] if you like Orwell try ray Bradbury much better imo
                        Recc us a book and i'll add it to my reading list :up:
                        Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Nope , and unless someone is offering their daughter ( and paying for my flight ) , then I have no intention of going there.
                          Have you ever been to Italy?

Comment

Originally posted by morose View Post
                            have you ever been to italy?
                            p s y c h o s i s

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
                              Well, one of my favourite writers.

Recc us a book and i'll add it to my reading list :up:
                              Fahrenheit 451
                              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

[MENTION=120607]Kiro[/MENTION] - If you had to duel irl, what would be your physical weapon of choice? (No weeb-trash )

[MENTION=142713]magok[/MENTION] - What English book are you currently reading? (or was reading, if you're not reading currently.) No Wow lore!

[MENTION=112720]Abisali[/MENTION] - What's your favourite cat gif?

[MENTION=134006]Cptn._.Mario[/MENTION] - Favourite Mario power up?

[MENTION=107034]talibilm09[/MENTION] - What's an appropriate method to memorise the 99 names of Allah (swt)?

[MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] - Do you ever have a second breakfast?

[MENTION=137826]mazuiz[/MENTION] -If I was to ever buy you something sweet, what would you want?

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                                Fahrenheit 451
                                I've read that, that's a good one. I don't always pay attention to author names..:embar:
                                Any others?
                                Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X