Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by Morose View Post
    I am hopeful. I am hopeful for world peace.

I have hope. Nay I have belief and confidence, that world peace will be achieved. Sunni and Shia can coexist in harmony I know they can. The Jews are our friend and one day we'll stop fighting them. Atheists mean us no harm, they are just confused and we need to give them time.
    Christians are a lovely bunch; they just need to give 'dawah' to their fellows in CAR.

Hindus are not so bad, Indian Muslims need to stop eating beef and they'll be left alone; such a sacrifice is worth it if we want world peace.
    And I am sure that one day, the Buddhists will embrace Islam and they'll apologise for their crimes against the rohingya Muslims.

I know the people in Yemen are starving today, but surely the UN will send them food soon? We just have to be patient.

I can't wait to visit Jerusalem; it's only a matter of time before Palestine is free and I'll be allowed to go. That makes me happy.
    I don't think people
    #World#Peace

I might become a hippy tomorrow :D shall I do it?
    Very funny.

Check this out.

The help of Allah that is near is not for everyone who claims to believe or claims to be a Muslim; rather it is only for those who truly believe in their hearts and carry out their duties as enjoined by Islam.

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allah has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the earth, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practise their religion, that which He has chosen for them (i.e. Islam). And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they (believers) worship Me and do not associate anything (in worship) with Me. But whoever disbelieved after this, they are the Fasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).

And perform As-Salat (Iqamat as-Salat), and give Zakat and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) that you may receive mercy (from Allah)”

[an-Noor 24:55, 56].

Al-Haafiz Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This is a promise from Allah to His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that He will cause his ummah to gain authority in the land, i.e., become leaders of people and rulers over them, and by means of them the people’s affairs will be put right and the people will submit to their rule, and after having being afraid of the people, they will enjoy security and will rule over them. And He, may He be glorified and exalted, did indeed do that, may He be praised. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did not die until Allah enabled him to conquer Makkah, Khaybar, Bahrain, the entire Arabian Peninsula and all of the land of Yemen; he took the jizyah from the Magians of Hajar and from some of the border regions of greater Syria. Heraclius, the ruler of Byzantium, exchanged gifts with him, as did the ruler of Egypt and Alexandria, al-Muqawqis, the kings of Oman, and the Negus, the ruler of Abyssinia, who came to the throne after Ashamah, may Allah have mercy on him and honour him.

Then when the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) died, and Allah chose for him that which is with Him of honour, Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq became the ruler (caliph) of the Muslims. End quote.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer (6/77)

Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan as-Sa‘di (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This is one of the true promises of Allah, that was proven to be true and was fulfilled. He promised those among this ummah who adhered to faith and did righteous deeds that He would grant them succession to the present rulers in the earth, and they would have control of it and be in charge of its affairs, and that He would grant them the authority to practice their religion which He has chosen for them, namely the religion of Islam, which is superior to all other religions. He has chosen it for this ummah, because of its virtue and honour, by enabling this ummah to establish His religion and to adhere to all its teachings and instructions, both apparent and hidden, and to apply them to themselves and to others, because others – namely the followers of other religions and all disbelievers – are subjugated and defeated. And He has promised that He will give them in exchange a safe security after their fear, as one of them could not practice his religion openly and follow what he believed in except by exposing himself to the harm of the disbelievers. Moreover, the Muslims were very few in number compared to others, and the people of the earth had united against them and were plotting and scheming against them.

Allah made these promises to them at the time when this verse was revealed, at which time they had not had the experience of having power or gaining control of the land, or being able to establish the Islamic religion and enjoy complete security, so that they could worship Allah and not associate anything with Him, and not fear anybody except Allah. The first generation of this ummah attained that level of faith and righteous deeds in such a way that they became superior to others and as a result of that Allah enabled them to subjugate lands and peoples, and they were able to conquer vast lands in the east and in the west, and they enjoyed complete security and control in the land. This is one of the dazzling and amazing signs of Allah. And this is still the case and will remain so until the Hour begins: every time the Muslims achieve a high level of faith and righteous deeds, the promise of Allah will inevitably be fulfilled; the disbelievers and hypocrites are only given power over the Muslims, and sometimes defeat them, because of the degree of shortcomings among the Muslims with regard to their level of faith and righteous deeds.

Further Reading.

Comment

Insightful wisdom there son, ma sha Allah. I can't refute you here. I guess, I am just hoping that there's a better place out there though I may be deluding myself here, but a place that is best in all respects and easy too. It's hope of such a place that keeps you going.

And I could never live in a Gulf country. I'd rather remain in the West if that was my alternative.
      Ideally I want somewhere quiet and peaceful, quaint and 'conservative'; I do not want a place and people who are 'modern' and like the west.
      Yes. But son.

Like I said, the Gulf is not good (in general) but it still allows a person who wants to live a conservative life to do that. You will find all kinds of people there. But the one thing I didn't find is the fact that society pushes you to act or behave or dress a certain way.

So if a person wants to live that type of life, it's there. And for a person who wants to live conservatively (and I mean that in the truest sense) then you can.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
        Yes. But son.

Like I said, the Gulf is not good (in general) but it still allows a person who wants to live a conservative life to do that. You will find all kinds of people there. But the one thing I didn't find is the fact that society pushes you to act or behave or dress a certain way.

So if a person wants to live that type of life, it's there. And for a person who wants to live conservatively (and I mean that in the truest sense) then you can.
        Bro, why don't you adopt a super sweet UF bro? Some of us have got a lotta love to give.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
          Bro, why don't you adopt a super sweet UF bro? Some of us have got a lotta love to give.
          Hmmm. How does that work

Comment

Hmmm. How does that work
            That's for the big bros to work out not the little bros.

Comment

That's for the big bros to work out not the little bros.
              Meh.

I'd rather stick with getting my suit ready like you have.

If you know what I mean, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                Very funny.

Check this out.

The help of Allah that is near is not for everyone who claims to believe or claims to be a Muslim; rather it is only for those who truly believe in their hearts and carry out their duties as enjoined by Islam.

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allah has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the earth, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practise their religion, that which He has chosen for them (i.e. Islam). And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they (believers) worship Me and do not associate anything (in worship) with Me. But whoever disbelieved after this, they are the Fasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).

And perform As-Salat (Iqamat as-Salat), and give Zakat and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) that you may receive mercy (from Allah)”

[an-Noor 24:55, 56].

Al-Haafiz Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This is a promise from Allah to His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that He will cause his ummah to gain authority in the land, i.e., become leaders of people and rulers over them, and by means of them the people’s affairs will be put right and the people will submit to their rule, and after having being afraid of the people, they will enjoy security and will rule over them. And He, may He be glorified and exalted, did indeed do that, may He be praised. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did not die until Allah enabled him to conquer Makkah, Khaybar, Bahrain, the entire Arabian Peninsula and all of the land of Yemen; he took the jizyah from the Magians of Hajar and from some of the border regions of greater Syria. Heraclius, the ruler of Byzantium, exchanged gifts with him, as did the ruler of Egypt and Alexandria, al-Muqawqis, the kings of Oman, and the Negus, the ruler of Abyssinia, who came to the throne after Ashamah, may Allah have mercy on him and honour him.

Then when the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) died, and Allah chose for him that which is with Him of honour, Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq became the ruler (caliph) of the Muslims. End quote.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer (6/77)

Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan as-Sa‘di (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This is one of the true promises of Allah, that was proven to be true and was fulfilled. He promised those among this ummah who adhered to faith and did righteous deeds that He would grant them succession to the present rulers in the earth, and they would have control of it and be in charge of its affairs, and that He would grant them the authority to practice their religion which He has chosen for them, namely the religion of Islam, which is superior to all other religions. He has chosen it for this ummah, because of its virtue and honour, by enabling this ummah to establish His religion and to adhere to all its teachings and instructions, both apparent and hidden, and to apply them to themselves and to others, because others – namely the followers of other religions and all disbelievers – are subjugated and defeated. And He has promised that He will give them in exchange a safe security after their fear, as one of them could not practice his religion openly and follow what he believed in except by exposing himself to the harm of the disbelievers. Moreover, the Muslims were very few in number compared to others, and the people of the earth had united against them and were plotting and scheming against them.

Allah made these promises to them at the time when this verse was revealed, at which time they had not had the experience of having power or gaining control of the land, or being able to establish the Islamic religion and enjoy complete security, so that they could worship Allah and not associate anything with Him, and not fear anybody except Allah. The first generation of this ummah attained that level of faith and righteous deeds in such a way that they became superior to others and as a result of that Allah enabled them to subjugate lands and peoples, and they were able to conquer vast lands in the east and in the west, and they enjoyed complete security and control in the land. This is one of the dazzling and amazing signs of Allah. And this is still the case and will remain so until the Hour begins: every time the Muslims achieve a high level of faith and righteous deeds, the promise of Allah will inevitably be fulfilled; the disbelievers and hypocrites are only given power over the Muslims, and sometimes defeat them, because of the degree of shortcomings among the Muslims with regard to their level of faith and righteous deeds.

Further Reading.
                جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

Yes that is true, but let's be real here: are the Muslims likely to achieve that any time soon? Doubtless it will happen, one day, but unlikely to be in the near future for, currently, the Muslim situation is dire. The Muslim population (including myself) is a disgrace for the most part and we have strayed so far, and we refuse so obstinately to return to the correct way, that I fear it'll take something monumental before our ways are corrected. I mean I read the news all the time and see the stuff that happens in the world, yet I still continue in my sinful ways; why is that?

This is what I'm saying - the pitiful state of this world will last for the entirety of my lifetime and I'll therefore have no place of peace and rest except for this sorry land. But may Allah improve us and our situation.

Comment

Meh.

I'd rather stick with getting my suit ready like you have.

If you know what I mean, son.
                  Apparently the white suit is no longer the "in thing".

Comment

Yes. But son.

Yes but I hate the Gulf so much you wouldn't understand bro.

I hate them (the leaders I mean as well as the lifestyle of some of the people). They can't take in 'refugees' but they'll welcome anybody from the West who can add value to their greedy economy? No thanks, in that case I'd rather not. I want nothing from them and I'll give them nothing in return.

They welcome the poor people from poor countries they can abuse, and they welcome the advantaged people from the West they can benefit from; but as for the needy who have no home for having had to flee, they cast them off. And it's not just that either they spread so much corruption in the land. I hate them.

Comment

Quit trolling.

You're so old you wear knitted jumpers all the time.

Comment

جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

Yes that is true, but let's be real here: are the Muslims likely to achieve that any time soon? Doubtless it will happen, one day, but unlikely to be in the near future for, currently, the Muslim situation is dire. The Muslim population (including myself) is a disgrace for the most part and we have strayed so far, and we refuse so obstinately to return to the correct way, that I fear it'll take something monumental before our ways are corrected. I mean I read the news all the time and see the stuff that happens in the world, yet I still continue in my sinful ways; why is that?

This is what I'm saying - the pitiful state of this world will last for the entirety of my lifetime and I'll therefore have no place of peace and rest except for this sorry land. But may Allah improve us and our situation.
                        We are all struggling. But the underlying principle - is to strive for the sake of Allaah - practice, live, breathe Islaam to the best of our abilities and finally, have faith and reliance in our Creator.

As for sins, not going to minimise the effect of sins - but we are human, not Angels. We will sin, but as long as we feel remorse, and repent, then there is always hope.

We are not supposed to be a nation of weak hearted, depressed people.

Comment

White suit thinking-face.png

Now isn't the time for this. We were having a pretty depressing conversation ya know.
                          Last edited by Abu Abdur_Rahman; 27-06-17, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                            We are all struggling. But the underlying principle - is to strive for the sake of Allaah - practice, live, breathe Islaam to the best of our abilities and finally, have faith and reliance in our Creator.

As for sins, not going to minimise the effect of sins - but we are human, not Angels. We will sin, but as long as we feel remorse, and repent, then there is always hope.

We are not supposed to be a nation of weak hearted, depressed people.
                            Yes, true.

These are just some of the days Allah decrees for us. A time for this and a time for that.

{And these days [of varying conditions] We alternate among the people so that Allah may make evident those who believe...} Al-'Imran

Comment

Quit trolling.

You're so old you wear knitted jumpers all the time.
                              Not in summer.

Comment

lol...

Another A Dot Basheer quality is to post this:

IMG_0462.PNG

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X