Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by Morose View Post
    The son [MENTION=73339]Poster[/MENTION] is probably now unable to tolerate what he sees in this sorry land. This is what happens when a person goes back to a Muslim country and then returns. Once you experience the blessings of a Muslim land, it's hard to accept this reality again. And with everything happening in the world too.

May Allah grant him peace and prevent him from going mad. This country can turn you mad.

Oh and just to clarify, the son has always been too cool for us. Ma sha Allah.
    Hmmm. Sometimes I second guess being here. But this kind of reminded me of how I felt when I was there. I am surprised you all feel that way in the UK where there are so many Muslims and the community is much stronger than in the US.

But I was discussing this not too long ago: being in a Muslim country isn't all that. Sure, if you live in Saudi (or any other Gulf country) with a bit of money, then it's great. You can easily work and live and stay away from the fitnah (while in the West it comes at you whether you like it or not).

As for the rest of the countries, there is much jahl, dishonesty, etc.

You end up moving from an environment of kufr to an environment of hypocrisy.

All in all, the entire earth is becoming very difficult for a Muslim to live on. There are many problems and if you don't feel so safe and comfortable outside, you would like to have some peace and quiet and some repose at the home. But with how people are, even that is not possible.

Sometimes I wonder if not even living at all is better than living in this type of fitnah both inside and outside the home.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
      Hmmm. Sometimes I second guess being here. But this kind of reminded me of how I felt when I was there. I am surprised you all feel that way in the UK where there are so many Muslims and the community is much stronger than in the US.

But I was discussing this not too long ago: being in a Muslim country isn't all that. Sure, if you live in Saudi (or any other Gulf country) with a bit of money, then it's great. You can easily work and live and stay away from the fitnah (while in the West it comes at you whether you like it or not).

All in all, the entire earth is becoming very difficult for a Muslim to live on. There are many problems and if you don't feel so safe and comfortable outside, you would like to have some peace and quiet and some repose at the home. But with how people are, even that is not possible.

Sometimes I wonder if not even living at all is better than living in this type of fitnah both inside and outside the home.
      You make entirely valid points son and I trust your judgment in this matter as you are a person of experience in this matter. Yes we've discussed this before as well and I think you're right as you've stated above. However, although there's negative in both, ultimately I think the west is worse. I think in a Muslim country just being around Muslims and in an environment that at the very least, is not unfamiliar with Islam is a feeling superior to being around non-Muslims.

Yes Alhamdulillah there are Muslims in the UK but it's not the same, especially with many Muslims having some modernist mentality (I can't be bothered to elaborate further on this).

And in my view, it is better to not live at all than to live in this sorry world. There's no place where you can really be comfortable. But the problem with that is that unless you have attained Allah's Mercy, there is no further opportunity to do good deeds and repent and to thus escape the torment of the grave.

I don't know, it's just a hard, hard life. I wish I had been born in 1827.

Comment

Is A500 really da best?

I prefer M20.

Comment

The son seems very quiet ever since he returned from his trip.

Maybe he's going trough a reverse culture shock. Or maybe he wants to go back.

Or maybe he thinks he's too cool for us now.
          It's all been a little hectic since I've been back, and it's taking a while to readjust. One thing I miss are Egyptians trying to extort you looool.

Akhi I'm not as cool as you brothers let alone too cool.

The son [MENTION=73339]Poster[/MENTION] is probably now unable to tolerate what he sees in this sorry land. This is what happens when a person goes back to a Muslim country and then returns. Once you experience the blessings of a Muslim land, it's hard to accept this reality again. And with everything happening in the world too.

May Allah grant him peace and prevent him from going mad. This country can turn you mad.

Oh and just to clarify, the son has always been too cool for us. Ma sha Allah.
          Ameen

Something like that bro. Knowing how the cities are over there though, I wouldn't advise anyone to go there, especially if they live in a city with a lot of Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Poster View Post
            It's all been a little hectic since I've been back, and it's taking a while to readjust. One thing I miss are Egyptians trying to extort you looool.

Ameen

Something like that bro. Knowing how the cities are over there though, I wouldn't advise anyone to go there, especially if they live in a city with a lot of Muslims.
            Quit trolling.

You cool bro, and you're an extortionist too.

Yes I wouldn't dare go to Egypt now or in the near future. But why has everything been hectic upon your return? You're supposed to relax.

Comment

Why do you care if a person's gender is unspecified and if another person likes spiders?
              Why do you care that I care?

Comment

Yes I wouldn't dare go to Egypt now or in the near future. But why has everything been hectic upon your return? You're supposed to relax.
                If you keep to yourself you'd generally be fine. Don't talk politics at all lol unless you want to be thrown into prison never to be seen again (joking.. not joking :crushed:)

Back to 'real' life so to speak akh.

Comment

You make entirely valid points son and I trust your judgment in this matter as you are a person of experience in this matter. Yes we've discussed this before as well and I think you're right as you've stated above. However, although there's negative in both, ultimately I think the west is worse. I think in a Muslim country just being around Muslims and in an environment that at the very least, is not unfamiliar with Islam is a feeling superior to being around non-Muslims.

Yes Alhamdulillah there are Muslims in the UK but it's not the same, especially with many Muslims having some modernist mentality (I can't be bothered to elaborate further on this).

And in my view, it is better to not live at all than to live in this sorry world. There's no place where you can really be comfortable. But the problem with that is that unless you have attained Allah's Mercy, there is no further opportunity to do good deeds and repent and to thus escape the torment of the grave.

Dismal.

Sure the situation is bad, the entire world over - but the least we can do is have hope for a better future In Sha Allaah.

Comment

If you keep to yourself you'd generally be fine. Don't talk politics at all lol unless you want to be thrown into prison never to be seen again (joking.. not joking :crushed:)

We can't really discuss Politics anywhere, unfortunately.

Comment

Ameen

Son. I know the feeling. It's not easy to readjust upon coming back.

You wouldn't advise anyone to live where? (especially if they live in a city with a lot of Muslims?)

Comment

Yes, I also agree.

Again, I think it depends on which type of country. One's own home country (or parents') may work, or like I mentioned a Gulf country. Diversity is key and lack of 3rd world problems such as over population and ignorance.

The West is worse by default. But for us, it's where we were born and raised, we know how things work and how people are, along with the culture, etc. You can't compare us to say a person who is looking to immigrate now in their 20s or 30s. To them we would say you are out of your mind. Not saying it's better for us to live in the West since we were raised there, but we could easily get by (depending on how one earns his living, etc. A place of fitnah to go to every day simply doesn't work).

There is a certain comfort level there. But I guess people differ based on their situation.

Living out here requires understanding and patience from everyone's part. It seems everyone on earth is afflicted with the disease of going after desires even if it means encroaching on other's rights.

Comment

Ah see, I'd never speak politics (especially with someone like you :p) as I'll only make myself look like an idiot. The only political truth I know is this: the house of Saud is made up of dogs (though someone within them may be good).

The real world - hard and depressing :( it's alright bro, you just have to go through the motion and try to remember it's all temporary :up:

Comment

Yes, I also agree.

Again, I think it depends on which type of country. One's own home country (or parents') may work, or like I mentioned a Gulf country. Diversity is key and lack of 3rd world problems such as over population and ignorance.

The West is worse by default. But for us, it's where we were born and raised, we know how things work and how people are, along with the culture, etc. You can't compare us to say a person who is looking to immigrate now in their 20s or 30s. To them we would say you are out of your mind. Not saying it's better for us to live in the West since we were raised there, but we could easily get by (depending on how one earns his living, etc. A place of fitnah to go to every day simply doesn't work).

There is a certain comfort level there. But I guess people differ based on their situation.

Living out here requires understanding and patience from everyone's part. It seems everyone on earth is afflicted with the disease of going after desires even if it means encroaching on other's rights.
                            Insightful wisdom there son, ma sha Allah. I can't refute you here. I guess, I am just hoping that there's a better place out there though I may be deluding myself here, but a place that is best in all respects and easy too. It's hope of such a place that keeps you going.

And I could never live in a Gulf country. I'd rather remain in the West if that was my alternative.
                            Ideally I want somewhere quiet and peaceful, quaint and 'conservative'; I do not want a place and people who are 'modern' and like the west.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                              Dismal.

Sure the situation is bad, the entire world over - but the least we can do is have hope for a better future In Sha Allaah.
                              I am hopeful. I am hopeful for world peace.

I have hope. Nay I have belief and confidence, that world peace will be achieved. Sunni and Shia can coexist in harmony I know they can. The Jews are our friend and one day we'll stop fighting them. Atheists mean us no harm, they are just confused and we need to give them time.
                              Christians are a lovely bunch; they just need to give 'dawah' to their fellows in CAR.

Hindus are not so bad, Indian Muslims need to stop eating beef and they'll be left alone; such a sacrifice is worth it if we want world peace.
                              And I am sure that one day, the Buddhists will embrace Islam and they'll apologise for their crimes against the rohingya Muslims.

I know the people in Yemen are starving today, but surely the UN will send them food soon? We just have to be patient.

I can't wait to visit Jerusalem; it's only a matter of time before Palestine is free and I'll be allowed to go. That makes me happy.
                              I don't think people

Comment

#World#Peace

I might become a hippy tomorrow :D shall I do it?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X