Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask any member a question thread

Originally posted by ابن مرة View Post
    You can tag them still but it's a hassle. You have to type out [mention =143851] Abū ʿĪsa al-ʿAjamī [ /mention] with the member's unique ID number in the first box with no space and paste the username in between them.

Like this
    @Abū ʿĪsa al-ʿAjamī
    Originally posted by Morose View Post
    Yeah but he did not get your mention. It's like how I can tag you now @ابن مرة but you will not receive it, haha.
    Originally posted by ابن مرة View Post
    Way to ruin it. :(
    Lol....

I was gonna type "genius" :applause: until I read [MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION] 's post....

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
      He is, definitely.

So how do I tag your name?
      You can't.
      If following Aḥmad makes me a 'Wahhābī', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Abū ʿĪsa al-ʿAjamī View Post
          You can't.
          Why then choose such.

How do you log on?

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
            Why then choose such.

How do you log on?
            My username is saved.

On new devices, I simply find my own profile (like a post) and copy-and-paste my username.

Comment

My username is saved.

On new devices, I simply find my own profile (like a post) and copy-and-paste my username.
              Ok I thought also that you copy & paste your name but didnt know how.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
                [MENTION=143517]Gevurlar Korksun[/MENTION] - Although the ottomans were an important muslim power, very few of it's Shaykh ul islams are known to the ordinary people. Were there famous scholars in the ottoman sultanate? And if there were why aren't they known to many people unlike their arab counterparts?
                I'm sorry for this is late reply, but I'm not very active anymore on this forum (it's not really worth it) and you seem to be banned too, heh, what a surprise. Not being a Euro-lover is tough nowadays in this enslaved world.

Anyway, to answer your question, brother, yes there were famous scholars in the Ottoman State, but the reason why most of them aren't known internationally is mainly because unlike Arabs, Turks only had and have a limited connection to other Muslim nations, mainly because of language and culture barriers, as well as the disconnect caused by pro-European factions like Secularists, Kemalists and Nationalists.

Also, unlike Arab societies, which give a lot of attention to scholars and treat them as celebrities and in general appreciate scholarship, Turkish society is a warrior culture through and through. It's no surprise that warriors and generals get a lot more attention than scholars in Turkey. That doesn't mean that scholars aren't appreciated, especially during the Ottoman time scholars were very respected and gathered a lot of interest from the population.

Basically, in Arabia - as far as I can tell with my relatively limited knowledge of Arabs - the ideal hero is a highly intellectual scholar and Imam, who has an answer to every Islamic issue.
                In Turkey - among Muslims at least -, the ideal hero is a strong, noble, devout and capable warrior and leader that fights for Islam and brings the Kuffar down to their knees.

But due to the serious damage the European-educated Neo-Turks (or Young Turks if you prefer) caused to Islam in Turkey, the respect and appreciation not only for scholars but for Islam as a whole took a serious hit and during the 20th century, the perception of Turks towards Islamic scholars turned to resentment and ridicule. Most people in Turkey - especially in the cities - didn't take Imams, scholars and Muslims in general seriously, and instead the military which had a lot to say in 20th century Turkey, drilled the schoolchildren to love only soldiers (Anti-Islamic ones like Mustafa Kemal and his masonic friends). So, nowadays, Turks are absolutely crazy for soldiers and warriors and don't really care for scholars mostly.

But that also has to do with the fact that Mustafa Kemal kind of executed most Turkish scholars in the 1920s, so a lot of Turks didn't have access to scholars anymore and became ignorant of Islam in the following decades, which is of course what the Jews wanted. All scholars in Turkey nowadays were raised in governmental universities and as such aren't exactly independent and only loyal to Islam. But that's not different than Saudi scholars.

Comment

[MENTION=112720]Abisali[/MENTION] Do you like bears?

What other animals do you like besides cats?
                  [MENTION=136641]Abu Jarir[/MENTION] Are you an Arab dear son?

Comment

Bears are cool, especially when they're babies! They're just not as cool as cats!

Comment

Anything is possible

Comment

[MENTION=128304]Spicen[/MENTION]

We miss you

Comment

[MENTION=132744]A.Basheer[/MENTION]

Son?

Not going to wish us a happy Eid, son?

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                            [MENTION=132744]A.Basheer[/MENTION]

Son?

Not going to wish us a happy Eid, son?
                            Lol. Just did son.

May Allah accept our deeds son.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                              Lol. Just did son.

May Allah accept our deeds son.
                              Quit trolling.

You only did so because I asked you to -.-

Ameen son, ameen. And I pray Allah grants you a good day. Go eat son, go eat. Dodai is in order! :D and some Kabuli pilau.

Comment

[MENTION=73339]Poster[/MENTION]

Son?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X