• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allah's_Servant
    replied
    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

Aameen
    Good to see you back here posting, how you doing sis?
    Alhamduillah. I’m doing good. I’m glad to be back and see a lot of brothers and sisters still here

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    Seeing a man from Gaza say that his wife was killed by an Israeli air strike and he was just laughing and happy because he said she was a shaheed so he knew she would intercede for him and the members of her family. May Allah (swt) ease all of our pains and especially the families of the shuhda
    Aameen
    Good to see you back here posting, how you doing sis?

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied
    So basically..

https://muslimskeptic.com/2021/06/14...-hajj-tourism/

"Saudi Arabia announced Saturday this year’s hajj pilgrimage will be limited to no more than 60,000 people, all of them from within the kingdom, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic."

Don't like it but I get it for safety.

"Saudi tourism and entertainment seasons are set to return in the fourth quarter of 2021 with more excitement and larger-scale events, Visit Saudi by Tourism Authority announced on Sunday."

Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by ten_toes View Post

I'm just seeing the pattern of people who already have it bad getting it worse and it makes a person depressed, the mind asks WHY even though islamically we aren't supposed to think this. I struggle in accepting that some people only know peace when they're dead. I know that we aren't supposed to let this world be everything but to see some people whose lot is to suffer with little respite...I dunno what to do with that info. Then I get scared that this awaits me, as it's always in the back of my mind but I try not to dwell. My mother suffered. My grandmother suffered. I am suffering. It didn't get better for them so it's hard to believe with any confidence that it'll get better for me.

Just writing this out and getting it out of my head is helping a bit. I can at least see as I type WHY that Allah will have His reasons. Sometimes your heart has gone out to someone, you just really wanna hear some good news, not that they are in a worse situation! Does Allah get upset with us because we're supposed to be happy with his decree? This makes me feel guilty, yet if I was to just say 'it's Allah's decree' and move along (like I've seen ppl do) I'd also feel guilty. People can say 'it's Allah's decree' without even caring, or thinking it means they can stop caring.
    Just a couple days ago on this thread I wrote the exact same thing about not feeling peace until death.

I think that its ok to feel upset. This world is a test and it's not meant to be easy. Even the best of people, as in the prophets felt upset by the trials of this world. Prophet Yaqub AS comes to mind. Its good to have patience and acceptance of the way things are but I don't think that means that you aren't supposed to feel upset about it.

Sometimes I think about qadr and how some peoples lives go from bad to worse and they will never get it good in this life. Im in the same boat honestly. I've been trying to manage my expectations recently. I have a habit of fixating on one goal and if I don't achieve it I am completely devastated which makes me always feel like my dua's mean nothing and I never get what I want. But im trying to have faith in Allah. Maybe what I want isn't very good for me and I just need to trust him more. And maybe that means that I or anyone else in a bad situation will never get what I want we want in this life which is a bit depressing but I have hope. Its hard to have patience and not complain all the time. I admittedly don't always practice what I preach but I know that Allah doesn't burden people with more then they can handle and because of that I feel like even when I am in the depths of despair I will get through it one way or another.

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied
    Seeing a man from Gaza say that his wife was killed by an Israeli air strike and he was just laughing and happy because he said she was a shaheed so he knew she would intercede for him and the members of her family. May Allah (swt) ease all of our pains and especially the families of the shuhda

Leave a comment:

• ten_toes
    replied
    May Allah help you all out of your sadness and bring brighter, happier days for you in this life and in your akhirah. Ameen

Leave a comment:

• ten_toes
    replied
    Sorry if the above made anyone feel more sad. I just heard about those two ladies situations getting worse and it set me off.

Leave a comment:

• ten_toes
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Don’t compare yourself to others. There are a lot of bad things happening in the world to a lot of people but that doesn’t mean that your feelings don’t matter.

I used to think that way to, like I shouldn’t complain because there are some people out there who have it way worse and my problems are so insignificant and I just seem like a brat for complaining. But that is so wrong. Holding it in makes everything worse. You can’t help that you feel sad so why should you feel bad about it? I don’t care if That seems selfish, you are entitled to feel the way you do. Allah is the most merciful and he will help everyone struggling one way or another whether it’s in this life or the after life. Allah wants you to ask him for help so don’t ever feel bad about how you feel when you are in trouble and don’t feel guilty about taking the time to pray for yourself and your own struggles.

just something I have thought about a lot in recent years
    I'm just seeing the pattern of people who already have it bad getting it worse and it makes a person depressed, the mind asks WHY even though islamically we aren't supposed to think this. I struggle in accepting that some people only know peace when they're dead. I know that we aren't supposed to let this world be everything but to see some people whose lot is to suffer with little respite...I dunno what to do with that info. Then I get scared that this awaits me, as it's always in the back of my mind but I try not to dwell. My mother suffered. My grandmother suffered. I am suffering. It didn't get better for them so it's hard to believe with any confidence that it'll get better for me.

Just writing this out and getting it out of my head is helping a bit. I can at least see as I type WHY that Allah will have His reasons. Sometimes your heart has gone out to someone, you just really wanna hear some good news, not that they are in a worse situation! Does Allah get upset with us because we're supposed to be happy with his decree? This makes me feel guilty, yet if I was to just say 'it's Allah's decree' and move along (like I've seen ppl do) I'd also feel guilty. People can say 'it's Allah's decree' without even caring, or thinking it means they can stop caring.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    ^ not sure if that applies to you or not but I’m in a bit of a mood and your post reminded me of this thought

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
    Some people can never catch a break. Their lives just go from awful to worse and that makes me sad, I don't know how to understand it since there's so many that have it easy in comparison.

My mum's friend cared for her disabled son with severe learning difficulties for two decades as a single mum. And now she has dementia and he will be taken from her and she has deteriorated and no longer makes sense.

A relative put his wife through hell and was a wife beater. Now he is paralysed and she has to do everything for him and clean him. He won't let her leave his side or he screams the house down. He won't let her sleep. She is ill herself and has been unwell for a long time, not that anyone cared. I don't know if she ever gets any happiness

I feel guilty for how I'm thinking but I just can't make heads nor tails of this.

Also, my own mother's life went from horrible to horrible. Mine is full of sorrow, and now I'm afraid of it just getting worse because it seems that happens more often than not.
    Don’t compare yourself to others. There are a lot of bad things happening in the world to a lot of people but that doesn’t mean that your feelings don’t matter.

I used to think that way to, like I shouldn’t complain because there are some people out there who have it way worse and my problems are so insignificant and I just seem like a brat for complaining. But that is so wrong. Holding it in makes everything worse. You can’t help that you feel sad so why should you feel bad about it? I don’t care if That seems selfish, you are entitled to feel the way you do. Allah is the most merciful and he will help everyone struggling one way or another whether it’s in this life or the after life. Allah wants you to ask him for help so don’t ever feel bad about how you feel when you are in trouble and don’t feel guilty about taking the time to pray for yourself and your own struggles.

just something I have thought about a lot in recent years

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    ^i don’t keep it in on here though. This is my place to vent and feel sad.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Subhanallah my school just went into quarintine until further notice. Alhamdullillah!

I was really getting worried thinking about my mom having to go in there and look at those people tomorrow but alhamdullillah she won’t have to.

this is literally a miracle mashallah 😅

it’s interesting how any time I pray for something for my family it happens for them alhamdullillah. I think I am just a lot more genuine when I make dua for them then for myself. Not that I’m complaining. I can deal with myself being miserable because I can suck it in around people but when I see my family members sad it really drives me insane. I won’t have it. Not for a second!

Leave a comment:

• ten_toes
    replied
    Some people can never catch a break. Their lives just go from awful to worse and that makes me sad, I don't know how to understand it since there's so many that have it easy in comparison.

My mum's friend cared for her disabled son with severe learning difficulties for two decades as a single mum. And now she has dementia and he will be taken from her and she has deteriorated and no longer makes sense.

A relative put his wife through hell and was a wife beater. Now he is paralysed and she has to do everything for him and clean him. He won't let her leave his side or he screams the house down. He won't let her sleep. She is ill herself and has been unwell for a long time, not that anyone cared. I don't know if she ever gets any happiness

I feel guilty for how I'm thinking but I just can't make heads nor tails of this.

Also, my own mother's life went from horrible to horrible. Mine is full of sorrow, and now I'm afraid of it just getting worse because it seems that happens more often than not.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    I guess that's more of a "what made you angry today?" kind of question.

It just sucks. I was going to write a scathing email but I'm just going to leave it to my sister because i'll probably just piss them off which will make things worse.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Second, those terrible people my mom works with were very mean to her today. I've genuinely never seen my mom so upset before in my life and I am not ok with that. We work in the same place btw.

Like they can do whatever they want to me, I'll find a way to deal with it but I cannot accept for these clueless elderly mean girls to make my mom feel so down. That is completely unacceptable. Like I can confidently say that my mom is a genuinely nice person who is so innocent and pure and an extremely hard worker. She has never had any issues with anyone in her entire life and then these awful people have decided to target and bully her. Like grow up, she's old enough to be your mom. The absolute disrespect.

I literally cannot function from how upset these people made her feel. Like I literally got a headache. She wakes up at 5:30 am and works until 8:00 pm every single day (that is not an exaggeration) to make sure that she is doing everything perfectly and these people are still complaining and unsatisfied.

I wish she was like me. I am very honest about my feelings. If I am happy, excited, annoyed, angry etc. I cant hide that. I genuinely cant put on a face and pretend like I am ok when Im not but my mom is so professional. We helped her write an email back to them and it was such a professional response but I could see that her hands where shaking as she typed. I hate seeing that. I swear I would have exploded in that situation. My mom quit anyway a few weeks ago so I don't know why they even bother with her. Like you won, she is completely miserable and she aged 10 years in just a few months, now leave her alone!

My eldest sister is clearly the only person in our family who is respected by the admin in our school (yes we all work together) so she is going to talk to them and spill everything. She's so diplomatic and she manages to always get her message across. She has a better relationship with them anyway and the admin never seem to reply when my mom and I message them. So unprofessional. These people need to know that if you mess with our mom then you crossed the line.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X