What made you sad today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I’ve been reading some things about qadr and I guess that’s just what it is. It’s probably me own fault. I should be better. Maybe Allah is just putting me through this so I can change. I just don’t feel I have the nerve to deal with all of this anymore. I really have been feeling very hallow lately. Just a shell that moves according to where the tide takes me not where I actually want to go. It’s difficult not to feel completely hopeless.

Maybe it’s my qadr that things won’t ever get better in this life and if I’m patient enough I’ll be rewarded in the after life. I know going to Jannah would be amazing and worth the struggle but I’m still a weak human being and I can’t help it if all these trails make me feel depressed.
    I think we all go through this phase sooner or later where going to feel a certain way about things. But I've decided I would rather choose Allah's mercy than despair cos that is when shaytaan got a hold of me and made me believe all kind of nonsense that wasn't real. So I chose to be in Allah's mercy alhamdulillah.

Comment

• the ammont of people stealing my password with these fake photo links its too high

Comment

• I implore everyone to pray the people of Yemen, Ughyur people, for Sham, India, Palestine and the entire Muslim ummah.
        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Sometimes I can't help but think am I such a terrible Muslim that my duas aren't getting accepted (not asking for anyone's validation, just having a bad night which is a shame because I was doing well not thinking negative)

I went hajj more than five years ago, prayed for something that I've been praying for before going hajj, after hajj I kept praying for it but I don't know what it is that I am doing wrong
          I say this because I've heard people that have been to hajj say their prayers were answered

Anyway, I know it's not up to me to make such demands but it has an impact on remaining hopeful

in sha Allah I'll get over it
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
            Sometimes I can't help but think am I such a terrible Muslim that my duas aren't getting accepted (not asking for anyone's validation, just having a bad night which is a shame because I was doing well not thinking negative)

I went hajj more than five years ago, prayed for something that I've been praying for before going hajj, after hajj I kept praying for it but I don't know what it is that I am doing wrong
            I say this because I've heard people that have been to hajj say their prayers were answered

Anyway, I know it's not up to me to make such demands but it has an impact on remaining hopeful

Listen to He may delay his aid, but he will never forsake you - Shaykh Ahmad Jibril on YouTube.

Comment

Sometimes I can't help but think am I such a terrible Muslim that my duas aren't getting accepted (not asking for anyone's validation, just having a bad night which is a shame because I was doing well not thinking negative)

I do understand. I really do. I don't know why my lot seems to be a life of loneliness and not getting nice things while my peers get and get and get.

Comment

• Originally posted by ten_toes View Post

I do understand. I really do. I don't know why my lot seems to be a life of loneliness and not getting nice things while my peers get and get and get.
                I keep reminding myself its a test and something good will come out of it eventually in sha Allah

It's hard but that's what we have to hold onto- faith
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Yes, it's definitely not easy in a situation like this when it impacts the hope, but... We have to remember, as sister knows of course, that those du'aas are being answered almost certainly in different ways by Him... And in ways that are, we can expect, better than what would be the case of we receive what we are asking for.

We should still keep hope that if / when the time is right, that thing sought will be given should it be good for us in His knowledge.

Patience with making du'aa always makes me think of sayyidunaa Yusuf (as).

For such a pure, beautiful, righteous, innocent soul, a prophet so beloved to Allah Ta'aalaa... Being deserted in a well as an innocent child by his own brothers on a day he thought he was finally getting to go out and play with them, separated from his father as a child and sold and taken to a foreign land... Then facing the challenges that He faced due to his beauty, and being lied about, his character tarnished wrongly, left to rot away in a prison (dungeons of thousands of years ago with conditions we can only imagine) for no fault of his own, then even after he foretells the release of the cup-bearer and the hope he had of being freed via that cup-bearer interceding for him he faces more disappointment as he is left to rot for many years more...

Imagine the du'aas and tears of that innocent child, then the du'aas of that beautiful, pure, noble heart that resisted evil the way He did... Yet, he went through all he went through, saying afterwards what we know from the Qur'an...

قَالُوٓاْ أَءِنَّكَ لَأَنتَ يُوسُفُۖ قَالَ أَنَا۠ يُوسُفُ وَهَٰذَآ أَخِيۖ قَدۡ مَنَّ ٱللَّهُ عَلَيۡنَآۖ إِنَّهُۥ مَن يَتَّقِ وَيَصۡبِرۡ فَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يُضِيعُ أَجۡرَ ٱلۡمُحۡسِنِينَ

They said, "Are you indeed Joseph?" He said "I am Joseph, and this is my brother. Allah has certainly favored us. Indeed, he who fears Allah and is patient, then indeed, Allah does not allow to be lost the reward of those who do good."

-Surah Yusuf, Ayah 90

Subhaanallah. Alhamdulillaah.
                  I know some will think, 'well, he was a prophet' but these narrations are there for us to learn from and to take heart from., as Allah Ta'aalaa Himself tells us.

وَكُلّٗا نَّقُصُّ عَلَيۡكَ مِنۡ أَنۢبَآءِ ٱلرُّسُلِ مَا نُثَبِّتُ بِهِۦ فُؤَادَكَۚ وَجَآءَكَ فِي هَٰذِهِ ٱلۡحَقُّ وَمَوۡعِظَةٞ وَذِكۡرَىٰ لِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ

We narrate to you all such stories from the events of the messengers as We strengthen your heart therewith. And in these (stories) there has come to you the truth, a good counsel and a reminder to those who believe.

-Surah Hud, Ayah 120
                  ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• A few things.

First, everything happening in Palestine is just terrible. One of my coworkers has relatives there where everything is going down and its so upsetting to see how terrified she is that at any moment she can get a call that's telling her that her family died. May Allah protect them

Comment

• Second, those terrible people my mom works with were very mean to her today. I've genuinely never seen my mom so upset before in my life and I am not ok with that. We work in the same place btw.

Like they can do whatever they want to me, I'll find a way to deal with it but I cannot accept for these clueless elderly mean girls to make my mom feel so down. That is completely unacceptable. Like I can confidently say that my mom is a genuinely nice person who is so innocent and pure and an extremely hard worker. She has never had any issues with anyone in her entire life and then these awful people have decided to target and bully her. Like grow up, she's old enough to be your mom. The absolute disrespect.

I literally cannot function from how upset these people made her feel. Like I literally got a headache. She wakes up at 5:30 am and works until 8:00 pm every single day (that is not an exaggeration) to make sure that she is doing everything perfectly and these people are still complaining and unsatisfied.

I wish she was like me. I am very honest about my feelings. If I am happy, excited, annoyed, angry etc. I cant hide that. I genuinely cant put on a face and pretend like I am ok when Im not but my mom is so professional. We helped her write an email back to them and it was such a professional response but I could see that her hands where shaking as she typed. I hate seeing that. I swear I would have exploded in that situation. My mom quit anyway a few weeks ago so I don't know why they even bother with her. Like you won, she is completely miserable and she aged 10 years in just a few months, now leave her alone!

My eldest sister is clearly the only person in our family who is respected by the admin in our school (yes we all work together) so she is going to talk to them and spill everything. She's so diplomatic and she manages to always get her message across. She has a better relationship with them anyway and the admin never seem to reply when my mom and I message them. So unprofessional. These people need to know that if you mess with our mom then you crossed the line.

Comment

• I guess that's more of a "what made you angry today?" kind of question.

It just sucks. I was going to write a scathing email but I'm just going to leave it to my sister because i'll probably just piss them off which will make things worse.

Comment

• Some people can never catch a break. Their lives just go from awful to worse and that makes me sad, I don't know how to understand it since there's so many that have it easy in comparison.

My mum's friend cared for her disabled son with severe learning difficulties for two decades as a single mum. And now she has dementia and he will be taken from her and she has deteriorated and no longer makes sense.

A relative put his wife through hell and was a wife beater. Now he is paralysed and she has to do everything for him and clean him. He won't let her leave his side or he screams the house down. He won't let her sleep. She is ill herself and has been unwell for a long time, not that anyone cared. I don't know if she ever gets any happiness

I feel guilty for how I'm thinking but I just can't make heads nor tails of this.

Also, my own mother's life went from horrible to horrible. Mine is full of sorrow, and now I'm afraid of it just getting worse because it seems that happens more often than not.

Comment

• Subhanallah my school just went into quarintine until further notice. Alhamdullillah!

I was really getting worried thinking about my mom having to go in there and look at those people tomorrow but alhamdullillah she won’t have to.

this is literally a miracle mashallah 😅

it’s interesting how any time I pray for something for my family it happens for them alhamdullillah. I think I am just a lot more genuine when I make dua for them then for myself. Not that I’m complaining. I can deal with myself being miserable because I can suck it in around people but when I see my family members sad it really drives me insane. I won’t have it. Not for a second!

Comment

• ^i don’t keep it in on here though. This is my place to vent and feel sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
                                Some people can never catch a break. Their lives just go from awful to worse and that makes me sad, I don't know how to understand it since there's so many that have it easy in comparison.

My mum's friend cared for her disabled son with severe learning difficulties for two decades as a single mum. And now she has dementia and he will be taken from her and she has deteriorated and no longer makes sense.

A relative put his wife through hell and was a wife beater. Now he is paralysed and she has to do everything for him and clean him. He won't let her leave his side or he screams the house down. He won't let her sleep. She is ill herself and has been unwell for a long time, not that anyone cared. I don't know if she ever gets any happiness

I feel guilty for how I'm thinking but I just can't make heads nor tails of this.

Also, my own mother's life went from horrible to horrible. Mine is full of sorrow, and now I'm afraid of it just getting worse because it seems that happens more often than not.
                                Don’t compare yourself to others. There are a lot of bad things happening in the world to a lot of people but that doesn’t mean that your feelings don’t matter.

I used to think that way to, like I shouldn’t complain because there are some people out there who have it way worse and my problems are so insignificant and I just seem like a brat for complaining. But that is so wrong. Holding it in makes everything worse. You can’t help that you feel sad so why should you feel bad about it? I don’t care if That seems selfish, you are entitled to feel the way you do. Allah is the most merciful and he will help everyone struggling one way or another whether it’s in this life or the after life. Allah wants you to ask him for help so don’t ever feel bad about how you feel when you are in trouble and don’t feel guilty about taking the time to pray for yourself and your own struggles.

just something I have thought about a lot in recent years

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X