No announcement yet.

What made you sad today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just feel so adrift on this planet but it makes me feel that I am not being grateful enough, that kind of attitude itself being sinful.

The worst thing is I don't know how I, myself, Laila can approach Allah.

Its easy for me to write about tawakkul but tawakkul and accepting Allah's qadr.

But since I have a hard past tawakul is a big task to overcome. Alhamdulilah.

I like to think on the other side of the mountain there is a garden with flowers as a reward. For accepting Qadr and being grateful and patient. Its just a hard path to take.

Surah Balad verses 11-17

90:11:

But he has made no effort to pass on the path that is steep.

90:12:

And what will make you know the path that is steep?

90:13:

(It is) Freeing a neck (slave, etc.)

90:14:

Or giving food in a day of hunger (famine),

90:15:

To an orphan near of kin.

90:16:

Or to a Miskin (poor) afflicted with misery.

90:17:

Then he became one of those who believed, and recommended one another to perseverance and patience, and (also) recommended one another to pity and compassion.
    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 06-10-19, 06:58 PM.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

The worst thing is I don't know how I, myself, Laila can approach Allah.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be and blessings on him, said, “Allah Almighty says: I am as my servant expects me and I am with him as he remembers me. If he remembers me in himself, I will remember him in myself. If he mentions me in a gathering, I will mention him in a greater gathering. When he draws near me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit. When he draws near me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom. When he comes to me walking, I come to him running.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6970, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2675

Sister, Allah is always there & is ready to respond to us when we call upon Him, jalla wa aala. Sometimes when I feel down, I just talk to Allah, not even dua but I just talk to Him. Like for example, ‘Ya Rabb, I love you so much please love me back. Ya Rabb, I just want to worship you & please you, make it easy for me’ etc. Honestly, talk to Allah & the feeling you get afterwards is amazing Subhanallah 
      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Its easy for me to write about tawakkul but tawakkul and accepting Allah's qadr.

But since I have a hard past tawakul is a big task to overcome. Alhamdulilah.
        I do sometimes wonder how those who have been/are going through extreme suffering and traumatic experiences manage to remain steadfast in faith, and how I would cope in similar circumstances..oh well Allah does not burden a soul with more than it can bear..
        Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

• The fact I have to go to work tomorrow makes me sad. Although i am forever grateful i got this job sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming.

Comment

I ask Allah to elevate your ranks among people in this life and the hereafter and bless your imaan simultaneously, ameen
            Jazaakillah sis, and Ameeeeen ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wosits View Post
              The fact I have to go to work tomorrow makes me sad. Although i am forever grateful i got this job sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming.
              Do you work in a woTsits making factory? I hear another Monday morning calling...
              Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

• Lol. No i work in an office.

Comment

Working...
                X