Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you sad today..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: What made you sad today..

    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    I'm thinking of leaving Ummah Forum for good. To many here have really distasteful attitudes and there is some cliquishness and hierarchy.

    It'll be sad but there is a lot of opportunities on the web to learn about Islam and grow as a person. I've made lovely friends but I think my time on UF is nearing its end.
    what do you mean sis?

    don't let a few individuals here decide whether you are going to stay or go. don't give them that control because if they are rude and disrespectful doesn't really matter what they think.
    Indeed we belong to Allah,
    and indeed to Him we will return.


    Quran 2:156

    Comment


    • Re: What made you sad today..

      Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      I'm thinking of leaving Ummah Forum for good. To many here have really distasteful attitudes and there is some cliquishness and hierarchy.

      It'll be sad but there is a lot of opportunities on the web to learn about Islam and grow as a person. I've made lovely friends but I think my time on UF is nearing its end.
      Don't go laila, honestly for those type, don't let their words bother you, just ignore them
      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

      Comment


      • Re: What made you sad today..

        Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
        Don't go laila, honestly for those type, don't let their words bother you, just ignore them
        :love: :D
        Indeed we belong to Allah,
        and indeed to Him we will return.


        Quran 2:156

        Comment


        • Re: What made you sad today..

          Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          I'm thinking of leaving Ummah Forum for good. To many here have really distasteful attitudes and there is some cliquishness and hierarchy.

          It'll be sad but there is a lot of opportunities on the web to learn about Islam and grow as a person. I've made lovely friends but I think my time on UF is nearing its end.
          Don't let this place get to you
          The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
          ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

          Comment


          • Re: What made you sad today..

            People were making fun of me and cursing me out

            Comment


            • Re: What made you sad today..

              Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
              :love: :D
              <3
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

              Comment


              • Re: What made you sad today..

                My brothers and sisters are shayateen

                If mums on codeine for her munted knee you don't pressure her into drinking.

                Smh
                The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
                ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

                Comment


                • Re: What made you sad today..

                  Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                  what do you mean sis?

                  don't let a few individuals here decide whether you are going to stay or go. don't give them that control because if they are rude and disrespectful doesn't really matter what they think.
                  Thanks sister <3
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                  And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                  أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                  Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                  Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                  Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                  Comment


                  • Re: What made you sad today..

                    Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                    Don't go laila, honestly for those type, don't let their words bother you, just ignore them
                    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                    Don't let this place get to you
                    Jazakallah khair guys
                    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                    Comment


                    • Re: What made you sad today..

                      went to an iftaar party today and the other youth around my age were discussing how nobody really follows the rules of Islam anymore and it's not a big deal, how most people have boyfriends/girlfriends, go to parties drink, it's okay to not marry Muslim. i find it hard to believe that it's most Muslim youth that do that, it doesn't seem real that most people don't follow the rules of Islam. i told them they need to marry Muslim especially if they are girls with a smile on my face and also said if we don't follow the commandments of Allah we will face problems in our life so we gotta have a balance between hope and fear. i hope i didn't come off too harsh or that they saw me as self-righteous cause i'm far from perfect :( just felt that in Ramadan I should speak up more about it if it's something going against the command of Allah... i dunno. I hope i didn't come off as extreme or something i was saying it with a smile on my face and agreed with them on a lot of what they said as well that didn't go against Islam.
                      Indeed we belong to Allah,
                      and indeed to Him we will return.


                      Quran 2:156

                      Comment


                      • Re: What made you sad today..

                        Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                        went to an iftaar party today and the other youth around my age were discussing how nobody really follows the rules of Islam anymore and it's not a big deal, how most people have boyfriends/girlfriends, go to parties drink, it's okay to not marry Muslim. i find it hard to believe that it's most Muslim youth that do that, it doesn't seem real that most people don't follow the rules of Islam. i told them they need to marry Muslim especially if they are girls with a smile on my face and also said if we don't follow the commandments of Allah we will face problems in our life so we gotta have a balance between hope and fear. i hope i didn't come off too harsh or that they saw me as self-righteous cause i'm far from perfect :( just felt that in Ramadan I should speak up more about it if it's something going against the command of Allah... i dunno. I hope i didn't come off as extreme or something i was saying it with a smile on my face and agreed with them on a lot of what they said as well that didn't go against Islam.
                        They were saying it's okay to drink?? Not even the worst youth in my community would say such things.

                        Comment


                        • Re: What made you sad today..

                          Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                          They were saying it's okay to drink?? Not even the worst youth in my community would say such things.
                          they didn't right out say it's okay to drink, i figured it was implied with the partying (guys and girls), perhaps not then. they said they didn't really consider themselves as 'religious' so i guess it makes sense why they would think it's okay to break Islamic rules. im more concerned with if i appeared self-righteous or judgmental by my facial expressions when i was hearing such things in person and when i told them about them having to marry Muslim etc. i don't know if i reacted the correct way. I've never really been in these situations before.
                          i don't think most Muslim youth participate in boyfriend/girlfriend/partying etc, just a small minority, but they made it seem like it's normal that most people date.
                          Indeed we belong to Allah,
                          and indeed to Him we will return.


                          Quran 2:156

                          Comment


                          • Re: What made you sad today..

                            Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                            they didn't right out say it's okay to drink, i figured it was implied with the partying (guys and girls), perhaps not then. they said they didn't really consider themselves as 'religious' so i guess it makes sense why they would think it's okay to break Islamic rules. im more concerned with if i appeared self-righteous or judgmental by my facial expressions when i was hearing such things in person and when i told them about them having to marry Muslim etc. i don't know if i reacted the correct way. I've never really been in these situations before.
                            i don't think most Muslim youth participate in boyfriend/girlfriend/partying etc, just a small minority, but they made it seem like it's normal that most people date.
                            It doesn't seem like you came off as too harsh or self-righteous. Also, we have to command the good and forbid the evil, so what you did was good anyway.

                            Some people will label you "haram police" no matter how nice you are, but that is just a reflection of them and their own insecurity.

                            Comment


                            • Re: What made you sad today..

                              Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi raji'oon

                              A relative of mine was killed in Yemen by shelling.

                              Comment


                              • Re: What made you sad today..

                                Originally posted by Poster View Post
                                Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi raji'oon

                                A relative of mine was killed in Yemen by shelling.
                                May Allah accept him and forgive his sins, brother don't be sad he died during Ramadhan the Gates of Jannah are open, May Allah gives such a blessing and may he avenge those who caused this Ameen.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X