Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    So where is this money then? Why are the people still starving then. If anything you have UAE who are trying to exploit Somaliland off oil.
    where is the money? good question. Ask the corrupt MPs and governmental Orgs who stole money for years. Just the other day some guy gave 3000 dollars to an MP. The money was for the drought victims.

The UAE are building the Berbera port, the Kuwaitis have designed the hergeysa airport and people are still ungrateful and bunch of liars. Somalia is biggest corrupt nation on earth and it would not matter if a golden river was passing through the country

Comment

Originally posted by Dinobot View Post
      where is the money? good question. Ask the corrupt MPs and governmental Orgs who stole money for years. Just the other day some guy gave 3000 dollars to an MP. The money was for the drought victims.

The UAE are building the Berbera port, the Kuwaitis have designed the hergeysa airport and people are still ungrateful and bunch of liars. Somalia is biggest corrupt nation on earth and it would not matter if a golden river was passing through the country
      One corruption index has them at position 176 out of 176. Makes me wonder how much of the aid is getting through to those that need it.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
        One corruption index has them at position 176 out of 176. Makes me wonder how much of the aid is getting through to those that need it.
        People aren't responsible for corrupt MPs and I only know about Somaliland (so can't speak for the state of Somalia)...also why are these people giving money to MPs instead of charities that will help the people?
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

People aren't responsible for corrupt MPs and I only know about Somaliland (so can't speak for the state of Somalia)...also why are these people giving money to MPs instead of charities that will help the people?
          Yes, but the point is the people should be blaming the corrupt MPs.

Comment

Well someone's to blame for keeping them in place even if it's not the masses. What usually happens in places like this is the trickle down effect. It's not just those right at the very top that are dodgy, the problem tends to run deep in the society.

Comment

I can feel the cold coming, it's knocking on my door. Please allow me

اللهم أبقني صحيحا و سليما

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                I can feel the cold coming, it's knocking on my door. Please allow me

اللهم أبقني صحيحا و سليما
                No... it is just your slowly toughening heart... I feel all out here

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
                  No... it is just your slowly toughening heart... I feel all out here
                  Lol that may be true. I can feel the ruthlessness.

Comment

[MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION] I think so..
                    وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
                    (Quran 20:124)

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
                      [MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION] I think so..
                      :(

-sigh
                      Indeed we belong to Allah,
                      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
                        How is this thread different than the "post whatever" thread?
                        it isn't.
                        Indeed we belong to Allah,
                        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                            What's wrong, suto bhai?

Comment