Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by aabdall_25 View Post
    There's a lot of backwards mentality still here.
    Can you elaborate?
    وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
    (Quran 20:124)

Comment

Being in Sudan makes me sad.

What a nicr place to be. There's a lot of backwards mentality still here.

The 'Muslim world' politically is in utter shambles and socially, environmentally isn't all that better.
      Then do something for Muslim world for you're amongst us akh!

Sudanese are very good people, probably you ended up meeting weirdos!like evil weirdos are in every part of world !

UK is also not so clean ....nor US neither politically,notr environmentally &alot of jahiliya approach in West .Save money&strive to do something for ISLAM that will serve you in dunya &, hereafter both!

Btw,during your stay,try to find good people who would amaze you .....every country of world has majority of bad people & few good so look for good ,&, if you can't then try to make a change!

Dissing Muslim world shows lack of strong determination &, unawareness of poilitics .

Make big goals &try to work on them & achieve them seeking help of ALLAH Ta'ala!

All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
        Can you elaborate?
        There's just a general ignorance, indifference to many things.

One backwards mentality that I still see is that generally men are judged by their size and how macho they are. Being in control is seen as a badge of honor, respect here.

That's good and all if you're physically big, but if you're not, then good luck.

Other than that, there are things that for some reason whether culturally or otherwise just don't mix with me. The place doesn't fit me at all.

Comment

People
          Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Ya Allah, rid the Burmese Muslims of these merciless animals and send upon the Buddhists a painful plague that wipes them out from the face of this earth.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdie View Post
              Then do something for Muslim world for you're amongst us akh!

Sudanese are very good people, probably you ended up meeting weirdos!like evil weirdos are in every part of world !

UK is also not so clean ....nor US neither politically,notr environmentally &alot of jahiliya approach in West .Save money&strive to do something for ISLAM that will serve you in dunya &, hereafter both!

Btw,during your stay,try to find good people who would amaze you .....every country of world has majority of bad people & few good so look for good ,&, if you can't then try to make a change!

Dissing Muslim world shows lack of strong determination &, unawareness of poilitics .

Make big goals &try to work on them & achieve them seeking help of ALLAH Ta'ala!

All the best!
              I like America. At the very least, people, even young people are globally aware of things and can think outside the box.

This place is just a life of indifference and ignorance. Young people here don't really care about things like this. You laugh, drink, eat, live the simple life and wake up the next day, nothing more than that. That and backwardness.

Plus Sudan is just as bad. There's drug use by youths and all the same stuff done in the West, except, out of sheer boredom. I know too much to be living in a place like this.

This place is hopeless. I am getting out of here.

Comment

I like America. At the very least, people, even young people are globally aware of things and can think outside the box.

This place is just a life of indifference and ignorance. Young people here don't really care about things like this. You laugh, drink, eat, live the simple life and wake up the next day, nothing more than that. That and backwardness.

Plus Sudan is just as bad. There's drug use by youths and all the same stuff done in the West, except, out of sheer boredom. I know too much to be living in a place like this.

This place is hopeless. I am getting out of here.
                As I said you met weirdos backwards....I know few who are top class!

MashaAllah.....

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdie View Post
                  As I said you met weirdos backwards....I know few who are top class!

MashaAllah.....
                  I dont know where you are from. Perhaps Sudanese outside of Sudan are fine, more open-minded, but if you are in Sudan here, then no, it's not all that.

That's what I believe.

Comment

I saw a pitbull as I was walking and I started freaking, my heart was beating so fast and I was trying soo hard not to show any fear. God, I hate dogs.
                    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                      I saw a pitbull as I was walking and I started freaking, my heart was beating so fast and I was trying soo hard not to show any fear. God, I hate dogs.

where i stay can be a rough neighbourhood at times despite the coppers having a decent size station (useless much), sometimes when your walking down the road someones dog get loose. these arent aww how cute puppies but real nasty things. it can be quite freaky if your by yourself. i usually start reading duas if this happens to me, alhamdulilah no issues so far
                      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
                      ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                        We have our ups and downs everyday. Some are good some and some are not the best of days Alhamdulilah. It is always good to talk about how you feel. Get it out there, so we can all support one another.

So? what made you sad today?
                        The title of this thread made me sad for a few seconds, I then typed this, and decided to think about something which will not make me sad. :)

Comment

Was trying to parallel park in 10 seconds and accidentally accelerated whilst on reverse when I should've braked.

-_-
                          إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                            Was trying to parallel park in 10 seconds and accidentally accelerated whilst on reverse when I should've braked.

-_-
                            Mubarak on becoming a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post

-_-
                              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

I want even thinking. I'm quite distressed after this incident.

make dua for me peeps

Dunno what happened to my foot today
                                إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Working...
                                X