Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by aabdall_25 View Post
    Hard to think of that with the things I see.
    What is so difficult in your life that makes you think you're carrying the world on your shoulders?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
      What is so difficult in your life that makes you think you're carrying the world on your shoulders?
      My own sins make me feel I am carrying the entire world and everything in it. I hate this life because, on the one hand I sin and I fear I'll be punished for it but at the same time it's hard not to. And, I hate this world because it's tough and brutal yet I don't want to die just yet because of punishment. Yet I don't like where I live either and yet nowhere else to go but I hate dealing with these people all the time. So really it's a trap you're trapped in every sense and this I don't like.

As for Abdullah though I don't know what troubles him.

The thing is though it's really hard to be a good Muslim I mean how do people do it?

Comment

Am sucha hippo
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
          You like the fact that you can see, can hear, can taste, can feel, can move, have somewhere safe to sleep, have food, have clothes, have organs that are functioning, that you can eat on your own. You like the fact that you can relieve yourself without complications or assistance, the fact that you can speak, swallow, breathe effortlessly, the fact you don't actively have to control and manage the countless processes needed every second to keep you alive and well and functioning. You like the fact that you can read and write, have knowledge, have access to information, that you are able to communicate...

Br Aabdall, whatever you're going through, you could be so much worse off. I know you know that. Isn't that reason enough to feel at least some sort of gratitude?

Do you recite the du'aa below?

If not, please do so, dear brother (with awareness of meaning and with feeling).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85768[/ATTACH]
          :jkk:

Comment

Not actually sad, more like stressed out...
            I'm not feeling so well and I have a lot of things to do. And I have a lot of stress (which is kind of my own fault because I've let things go this far). And also some other problems.. In shaa Allaah khair. Please remember me in your du'as :insha:
            Last edited by Muslimah_08; 17-10-16, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I an unsatisfied and unhappy with my life. Not even Allah can change this.

Comment

Do you realise the gravity of your statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                  What? Because I am ascribing limiting powers to Allah? Of course He can do anything He wants, but will He? No. Miracles aren't performed.

And in any case, praying and stuff like that ain't gonna work. There's stuff that can't be changed.

Comment

What? Because I am ascribing limiting powers to Allah? Of course He can do anything He wants, but will He? No. Miracles aren't performed.

And in any case, praying and stuff like that ain't gonna work.
                    Yes.

I remember writing a long post addressing your issue. Read it.

Comment

Yes.

I remember writing a long post addressing your issue. Read it.
                      Religion is true, but won't make me happy.

And I read that post, but it doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Religion is true, but won't make me happy.
                        Who said anything about happiness?

Your heart is too hard. Soften it. Stop playing the victim and read the Qur'an.

(Sincere advice).

Comment

(Sincere advice).

(Sincere advice).
                          Reading the Qur'an won't help that much, I tried. I find it a temporary activity to get away, but aftrewards its back to the same.

I find happiness important, otherwise why would one want to live? You can say Paradise and anything you want but I am talking here and now on this earth.

Comment

This statement is pure kufr. Repent to your lord and make sincere du'a and stop feeling so sorry for yourself. There is not a single person who isn't suffering on this Earth and if there is, then may Allah SWT help him because that is not a good sign.

You're happiness depends on your attitude not on attaining what you think will make you happy.

Comment

Reading the Qur'an won't help that much, I tried. I find it a temporary activity to get away, but aftrewards its back to the same.

I find happiness important, otherwise why would one want to live? You can say Paradise and anything you want but I am talking here and now on this earth.
                              I don't know. Maybe a brother will be able to assist you insha'Allaah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                                This statement is pure kufr. Repent to your lord and make sincere du'a and stop feeling so sorry for yourself. There is not a single person who isn't suffering on this Earth and if there is, then may Allah SWT help him because that is not a good sign.

You're happiness depends on your attitude not on attaining what you think will make you happy.
                                Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post

Du'as don't help much. I said everything I could have ever wanted to say. I don't have much to say anymore.

As for practical steps, there are some steps I can take and should take, but some things can't be changed.

I am sorry but I have a picture in my head of what will make me happy in this life, but it will never be attainable or isn't right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X