X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What made you sad today..

Originally posted by ABDEL-AZEEM View Post
    :salams Sister Ms. Muslimah

With all due respect for you, I know you had meant very well by your following above advice and you had the utmost very best of attentions without a doubt ma'shaa'ALLAH.

Tea tree oil is harmful to the skin according to http://www.poison.org/articles/2010-dec/tea-tree-oil

Sister Brightesthour in'shaa'ALLAH should use halaal vinegar to disinfect the pimple on her nose. After that she should use totally pure Aloe Vera gel to heal the skin and totally get rid of the pimple and totally get rid of the redness and irritation of the skin in'shaa'ALLAH.
    :wswrwb:

Hmm, I wasn't aware that it could have side effects. Thank you for sharing that article. I don't think tea tree oil usually has side effects though.

It probably would be better to use vinegar and Aloe Vera as both are edible, so they're safe/non-toxic Insha Allah. Jazak Allahu khair the advice you gave was really thorough.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Thinking about better times I've had

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
        Thinking about better times I've had
        :salams brother

And better times to come InshaAllah. Sabr.
        Indeed we belong to Allah,
        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
          Lol son, you're a funny man.
          Well it's many a year since someone called me 'son'; and you don't look a day over fifty. ;)
          'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

My depression and anxiety have gotten worse again. I can't manage my life... I'm not feeling well and I can't function (and my mom says I'm looking unwell again). My family would be better off without me. I'm a failure and a burden for everyone. :( And all of this causes me such shame, guilt and emotional pain I can't describe. I have had so many opportunities but have ruined them because of my own stupidity (or depression/anxiety). I'm feeling so anxious and stressed right know.

I'm such a mess.

Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah.
            Last edited by Muslimah_08; 19-08-16, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_08 View Post
              My depression and anxiety have gotten worse again. I can't manage my life... I'm not feeling well and I can't function (and my mom says I'm looking unwell again). My family would be better off without me. I'm a failure and a burden for everyone. :( And all of this causes me such shame, guilt and emotional pain I can't describe. I have had so many opportunities but have ruined them because of my own stupidity (or depression/anxiety). I'm feeling so anxious and stressed right know.

I'm such a mess.

Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah.
              Man, it pains me so much to read this

I have depression/anxiety too, and today has been really bad. I almost started crying today. What the hell man!

Remember, there is a cure for every disease. The cure is out there. Keep fighting and keep trying

Comment

No job -_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||-_-||(~>__<~)(~>__<~)(σˋ▽ˊ)σ(σˋ▽ˊ)σ(σˋ▽ˊ)σ(σˋ▽ˊ)σ=-O=-O(~>__<~)
                [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

I cant find the what makes you happy thread lol!
                  So my post in here is what made me happy..not sad.
                  Went to a wedding today, my friends aunties wedding, and Alhamdulillah had a great time with my friends :)
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                  [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

:salams

I am so sad cos I have a wedding to go to and I just got a massive volcano erupt on my face so I will have to tactfully arrange my hair so it becomes a curtain for it.... But still
                    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

• What made you sad today..

[MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION] don't cryyyyy. Just be confident, show positive vibes. My sis is going to some nikah today, guji.

Eat well
                      و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله
                      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                        @RaNdOm don't cryyyyy. Just be confident, show positive vibes. My sis is going to some nikah today, guji.

Eat well
                        و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله
                        loool

ok :jkk: u eat well too
                        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

• What made you sad today..

Lol

Need a mad detox. Cheerios pumpkin.
                          إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                            ok so my mum has to have a test on her heart, doctor reckons if her arteries blocked they'll have to put a sten (not sure if im spelling it right) in. thing is a couple of years ago my uncle had a sten put in, few weeks later he was dead (he got a blood clot in the very sten that was meant to save his life). so this has been like a big reminder for mums morality so im worried

if my family was muslim maybe i could relax a little but there not. Mum is a christian who gets angry if i try talk to her about islam. no idea about the aakhirah just blindly believes what she was raised upon. if i try get technical she goes "i have a very simple faith jeremy" and refuses to talk further

i worry for her, if i could choose one person in the world to be guided i would choose her, when i was a teen i broke her heart. i was a drug addict and a criminal and treated her very badly. Alhamdulilah Allah guided me and ive been able to try make things right and look after her but i still feel a lot of guilt, (i feel guilty about a lot i did before islam actually but thats another story). If anything were to happen to her i couldnt even attend the funeral. mums friends took her to a gay bar for her 60th birthday (shes not gay btw) to have a lark and she had so much fun she wants to have her ashes taken there. see what i mean clueless about the aakhirah and her creator
                            no way am i going to a gay bar not even for a funeral.

so basically i ask for you to make dua, yes for mum to be ok with whatever test she has but more importantly that Allah somehow someway opens her heart to guidance
                            i feel if she were to come to islam i finally would have made up for the stuff i pulled as a teen

may Allah bless you for reading
                            Salam brother,
                            Really sorry to hear all this. It must be so tough going through what you are. My sincerest du'as that Allah make this easy on you. That He makes the surgery go smoothly and successfully. That your mum makes a speedy recovery. And may Allah Almighty the One who Opens hearts open hers up to The Truth and she accepts Islam very soon. Ameen ya rab.
                            Let us know how her surgery goes in sha Allah.
                            Edit I just realized she may not have to get the surgery necessarily. In sha Allah that is the case.
                            Last edited by TCKMuslima; 21-08-16, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                              Ahhh, bless you. You have a way with words. You remind me of my youngest daughter; she too has no respect for her elders and betters! ;)

Valley folk – especially the ones who can remember life (and death) when the coal mines were active – have a dark sense of humour. They also have a sharp ear for natural silliness. For example, my mother was a district nurse. One day she came across a young lass whose father she had once treated. ‘Hello (so-and-so),’ said my mam. ‘How are you, and how’s your dad?’ ‘Oh, he’s dead, Mrs Lewis,’ said the girl. ‘He died the other day.’ ‘Oh dear,’ said my mam. ‘What did he die of, then?’ ‘Oh,’ said the girl. ‘it was nothing serious.’

I was raised as a Baptist. My paternal grandfather was an elder at one of the local Welsh Baptist chapels. He left school at the age of ten to work in the colliery. At that time there were Miners’ Institutes in most valley towns; these were centers of learning, with books of all kinds. My grandfather had a love of study, which he passed on to me.

I became a Catholic at the age of 15, and remained one for just over forty years. I was a professed member of the Carmelite Third Order for over fourteen years, and tested a vocation with the Carmelites at Hazlewood Castle in Yorkshire (this is now a hotel!), and later with the Cistercians at Mount Saint Bernard Abbey in Leicester. It took me a while to realise that my true vocation lay in becoming a dad, and grandad.

My son – who inherited his father’s love of books – became a Muslim about fifteen years ago. This was after reading a copy of the Qur’an that I gave him (just one of many books over the years – or so I thought). He won a place at Durham University (to read philosophy) and decided to trog around Jordan and Egypt on his gap year (just after reverting). He came back wanting to learn Arabic. He studied Classical Arabic at Leeds University (a centre of excellence in the UK for that particular subject); married a Moroccan lass; and moved there. I have three grandchildren there – including the only girl of my six grandkids in all. She is very protective of her status as sole granddaughter!

Having gained a Muslim family, I thought it best to learn as much as I could about Islam. I bought the books – or downloaded electronic versions – and got on with it. In the early days I would ask my son’s opinion on this or that scholar; or seek clarification or confirmation about various themes and notions. He never once tried to persuade me away from Christianity; or to make a Muslim of me. I guess he realised I would do that on my own….or else not at all! I am the only Muslim in my UK family. I joined Ummah.com almost two years ago in order to aid my learning.

Would I still be a Catholic today if my son had not become a Muslim? Very probably, if only because I would not have read the books I’ve read - or asked certain questions; or pondered over certain matters – had the status quo remained.

That’s it, really.

Have a great day......and have an eye out for those wrinkles

As for coping with old age. It was George Burns who said: 'Everything I could do at seventeen I can do at seventy.............Only goes to show what a wreck I was at seventeen!'
                              Grandad I absolutely love your posts! And wow your story of accepting Islam is just so beautiful and inspiring.
                              I also understand how you might have been put off by some of the stuff on the forum when you first joined. I was too and took a break myself soon after joining! Now i just know who to ignore haha.
                              Please don't go away again though! You've seriously raised the quality of posts on the forum already!
                              So amazing how tech savvy you are for a 70 year old! Masha Allah.
                              Welcome back!

Comment

Football was terrible today. Don't know why I wasn't playing properly. That's 2 hours gone
                                They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
                                X